Author Topic: Bench Sully and Get Kenyon Martin  (Read 2287 times)

Bench Sully and Get Kenyon Martin
« on: November 20, 2012, 04:35:23 PM »

Offline BIGTIME_CELTICS

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 9
Jared Sullinger is nice kid, and is learning ins and outs. He had some moments, but he cannot defend anyone because of his size right now and really hurting the team. His +/- stats is.... He cannot get his shot off on the offensive end on the likes of Jason Maxille and Kwame Brown. Send him to Maine and he will develop.

Sign Martin immediately, the only thing they need is rebound and solid D off the bench, a good 15 mins spare, With WIlcox, they are very athletic and can run the floor. Fit in well with the fast pace bench play as well.

Re: Bench Sully and Get Kenyon Martin
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2012, 04:40:48 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
no we do not need to send sully to Maine. What we can do is possibly cutting Darko (if he chooses to leave) or Collins or even Joseph for KMart or trade to get Gortat

I want Sully there in case anything happens or if we blow teams out and he gets opportunities to play. I also like Sully in small stretches. If we do sign Martin we should cut Sully's minutes even more to make room for Martin.

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2012, 04:41:18 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Sullinger so far has been a better rebounder than Martn was last year. He also has scored more efficiently and been a better jump shooter.

Defensively I'm sure Martin would be better, but given the results I'd rather give Sullinger a chance to develop.

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2012, 04:45:43 PM »

Offline ianboyextreme

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
2 words. Hell No.

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2012, 04:46:19 PM »

Offline ianboyextreme

• Jayson Tatum
2 words. Hell No.
Ive seen a lot of dumb stuff since i started hitting up the celtics sites today.

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2012, 04:47:39 PM »

Offline BIGTIME_CELTICS

• Xavier Tillman
Sullinger so far has been a better rebounder than Martn was last year. He also has scored more efficiently and been a better jump shooter.

Defensively I'm sure Martin would be better, but given the results I'd rather give Sullinger a chance to develop.

Thats what I am saying, he needs to be the man for a while and develop post game and learn to finish over taller and stronger defenders. He is got a nice jumper, but I am not comfortable to put him out there if his offensive game cannot offset defensive liability at least to some degree

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2012, 04:50:42 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
2 words. Hell No.
Ive seen a lot of dumb stuff since i started hitting up the celtics sites today.
why are you quoting and talking to yourself?! lol
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2012, 04:52:01 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

Thats what I am saying, he needs to be the man for a while and develop post game and learn to finish over taller and stronger defenders. He is got a nice jumper, but I am not comfortable to put him out there if his offensive game cannot offset defensive liability at least to some degree
Why do you think he'd be better developing in Maine than in actual NBA games?

Its not like he'll be facing too many stronger/longer defenders in the d-league.

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2012, 04:53:05 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427

yeh, but our problem isn't in our offense, its in our defense. Martin is an upgrade defensively over Sully atm. And he is supplies energy and intensity as well. Sully isn't at that level yet.

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2012, 04:54:24 PM »

Offline ianboyextreme

• Jayson Tatum
2 words. Hell No.
why are you quoting and talking to yourself?! lol
i was adding to my statement

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2012, 05:40:37 PM »

Offline billysan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 178
While I like KMart and would love to have him on the roster, he doesnt solve the need for a legit big who is taller than 6-8. We need length and beyond KG all we have playing currently is Wilcox who does not match up well inside with 7 footers.
"First fix their hearts" -Eizo Shimabuku

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2012, 05:51:08 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
He has his rookie moments as described by OP, but he already plays better than most average NBA guys his size

His stock will do nothing but go up.   There is zero reason to put a man who always plays his tail off and contributes and DOESN't give up , for another over the hill has been.

For what he is being paid , and what he will be worth one day , trading him off would be exceedingly foolish , unless he was part of deal for a SUper star upgrade for the Celtics.

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2012, 05:53:14 PM »

Offline Meadowlark_Scal

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 670
  • You say when......
Why get him....he is an inside rebounder....Doc will not put up with this behavior...The only way Doc will play him is if he opts for only shooting the 10 footer, then turning and running away....away from the battle, back on D.

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2012, 06:05:19 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Why get him....he is an inside rebounder....Doc will not put up with this behavior...The only way Doc will play him is if he opts for only shooting the 10 footer, then turning and running away....away from the battle, back on D.

exactly. If he starts jacking up threes Doc might even start him

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2012, 06:10:57 PM »

Offline BIGTIME_CELTICS

• Xavier Tillman

Why do you think he'd be better developing in Maine than in actual NBA games?

Its not like he'll be facing too many stronger/longer defenders in the d-league.

U need to find ur confidence and some go-to moves, which NBA games do not allow u to cuz u r not the man and have to be disciplined. He also needs to work on boxing out and better positioning himself in offense. D-league coaches work with u day in and day out, and prolly spend most of the time with Sully cuz he is the team prospect.