Author Topic: Players who can attack the rim.  (Read 3723 times)

Re: Players who can attack the rim.
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2012, 11:57:19 PM »

Offline Celticfankb

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 17
I totally agree with the OP. I think what he is referring to is players who can create off the dribble or create their own shot. Barbosa, Green, and Lee can all attack the rim but they can't create their own shoot. There is a distinct difference between the two. Pierce is the only true player we have that can do this but only in spurts. We do need a guy who can. Dallas and Detroit of recent years are the only teams that have won titles that I can think of, who did not have such a player. I have been waiting on somebody on this board to bring up Tyreke Evans name. I do think he would be a legit player for the Celtics and address one of the two needs, the other being an upgrade at the 4 spot (Josh Smith).

Contrary to popular opinion on this board, we do not need a center, we have one (KG). We need a guy that can guard LBJ because he runs the 4 spot and if you add another center and start him with KG at the 4 we wouldn't be able to match up well with them. So lastly we need a guy that can create and get to the basket at will, ala, James, Wade, Bryant, Durant, Anthony, Gay, Westbrook etc...Pierce can not carry the load he needs help. And we need a guy ideally like Josh Smith who can address our lack of rebounding and athletic and defensive presence. Just my two cents...
KB

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2012, 04:08:39 PM »

Offline GreenNote

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 11
Yes, the Mavericks did not have a dribble driver but they had players who could post up. Which is another issue we have, honestly. The team just seems stuck in an uncomfortable transition phase. There seems to be two teams out on the floor fighting over the identity of the Celtics. I still maintain a player who can really finish would help us tremendously as all the current players are unable to do so consistently.

Actually they had Barea who put a lot of pressure on the defense by penetrating

« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2012, 05:26:22 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Rondo can attack the hole and dish off as he doles but he doesn't always do it.