Author Topic: Am I the only one p---ed about the Rozier pick still?  (Read 10145 times)

Re: Am I the only one p---ed about the Rozier pick still?
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2016, 03:28:16 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
I'm still kinda mad the Celts made the playoffs that year and missed out on Winslow / Turner / Booker.

I liked Portis, Dekker, Anderson, and RHJ more than Rozier. So far none of them looks better than a backup.  Neither does Terry.
RHJ looks like he could be a pretty good player in the league and certainly starter potential.  I mean he got hurt 29 games into last year so he didn't get a full rookie season and is dealing with an injury, but his defense is still top notch.  Obviously needs to improve his shooting, but I certainly see him as a Smart type player.

RJH's defense is top notch? I would him below average at best.

RHJ was 5th in DRPM his rookie season and looks the part. Am we missing something?

Portis has shown flashes and would have fit a need with our anemic frontcourt. He seems has a skill-set for the modern NBA and high motor too, just needs to work on consistency and off-ball defensive awareness IMO.

The announcers were talking during the last bulls game about how much Portis has regressed from earlier last season. I am not sure if this was just their opinion or something that the Bulls staff feels. I know he hasn't really gotten a larger role yet. He is actually only playing 10 minutes a game, down from 17 last season unless i am missing something. 

« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2016, 03:51:02 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I'm still kinda mad the Celts made the playoffs that year and missed out on Winslow / Turner / Booker.

I liked Portis, Dekker, Anderson, and RHJ more than Rozier. So far none of them looks better than a backup.  Neither does Terry.
RHJ looks like he could be a pretty good player in the league and certainly starter potential.  I mean he got hurt 29 games into last year so he didn't get a full rookie season and is dealing with an injury, but his defense is still top notch.  Obviously needs to improve his shooting, but I certainly see him as a Smart type player.

Unfortunately his offense has been Smartesque, without the ball handling or occasional streaks of 3-point competency.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2016, 03:52:23 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324

RJH's defense is top notch? I would him below average at best.

he's definitely not below average lol.

oh wait, we're talking about Rondae Hollis Jefferson. You wrote RJH, are you talking about RJ Hunter?
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2016, 03:56:26 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395

Unfortunately his offense has been Smartesque, without the ball handling or occasional streaks of 3-point competency.

Does he even project as a starter on a good team? Similar to Roberson? I know he wasn't going to be a real difference maker last year.

« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2016, 04:00:16 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker

Does he even project as a starter on a good team? Similar to Roberson? I know he wasn't going to be a real difference maker last year.

I don't really see the infatuation with him either. He's a great defender, but he has no semblance of an offensive game. At least with Smart, you know he's a good ball handler and driver, and can semi-run an offense with some control. Can RHJ do any of that? (while we're at it, can Winslow do any of that? haven't watched him much in the nba)
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2016, 04:06:44 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

I don't really see the infatuation with him either. He's a great defender, but he has no semblance of an offensive game. At least with Smart, you know he's a good ball handler and driver, and can semi-run an offense with some control. Can RHJ do any of that? (while we're at it, can Winslow do any of that? haven't watched him much in the nba)

Winslow didn't do any of that last year because on a team with Goran Dragic and Dwayne Wade, he shouldn't.  Haven't seen him yet this year, but he's averaging 4 assists per game now that Wade is gone, so I think he can.  He's struggling with his shot so far, however.

« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2016, 04:21:44 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker

Winslow didn't do any of that last year because on a team with Goran Dragic and Dwayne Wade, he shouldn't.  Haven't seen him yet this year, but he's averaging 4 assists per game now that Wade is gone, so I think he can.  He's struggling with his shot so far, however.

He honestly doesn't seem like that different of a prospect compared to Smart actually. I personally feel that Winslow has more offensive potential than, say, RHJ. But, what irks me is that people rave about Winslow like he's some magical prospect, but those same people will bash Smart and call him a bad player.

« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2016, 04:51:50 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
Am I the only one p---ed about the Rozier pick still?

Yes.

« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2016, 04:56:58 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
Maybe.  It's good you asked though now you know you may be all alone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpmAY059TTY

GNR Estranged just popped into my head for some reason.

« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2016, 05:03:01 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
If you are....?

Then it's time to get over it...

« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2016, 11:04:20 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
I am upset we passed up Festus Ezeli to take a flier on Fab Melo.

I know!  I mean, we'd missed out on two half-seasons of passable backup play.  We're still feeling the loss.

Fab did provide some comedic relief, though (...at his own expense). :)
fab will forever stand as testimony to the uselessness of physical ability when coupled to a tiny brain.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2016, 11:11:53 AM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

I know!  I mean, we'd missed out on two half-seasons of passable backup play.  We're still feeling the loss.

fab will forever stand as testimony to the uselessness of physical ability when coupled to a tiny brain.

A brain so tiny that walking into a door frame and concussing himself may have actualy made him smarter
I'm bitter.

« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2016, 12:11:25 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

Well, Fab had great physical dimensions.  He wasn't especially coordinated and he moved very slowly.  There are multiple dimensions of physical ability, and he was lacking in a number of areas.

If you want an example of amazing physical attributes but low knowledge / feel for the game, point to somebody like Bismack Biyombo.  Andre Drummond, Hassan Whiteside, and Deandre Jordan probably fit in that category too.

There's a lot you can do in this league if you're a physical freak and 6'10''+with a great wingspan.  But you've got to have more than just a big body.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2016, 01:45:05 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
If you want an example of amazing physical attributes but low knowledge / feel for the game, point to somebody like Bismack Biyombo.  Andre Drummond, Hassan Whiteside, and Deandre Jordan probably fit in that category too.

*Javale McGee briefly looks up, goes back to picking nose*

« Reply #44 on: November 17, 2016, 02:02:17 PM »

Offline CelticGuardian

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • Blood. Sweat. & Tears.
at this point we should be looking back at the 2013 draft class as this is Kelly's contract year... no one can deny that Danny left better players on the board. Players that address our weaknesses now