Author Topic: Bruins Stanley Cup Defense (playoff thread)  (Read 19668 times)

Re: Bruins Stanley Cup Defense (playoff thread)
« Reply #45 on: April 28, 2012, 05:57:35 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
Well Raners make the bruins look bad..the rangers scored 3 goals on 14 shots...won game 1.....ugh...

there a much more offensively talented team than we are too.

one of the main things i'd like to see the bruins do is make a run at a legit scoring LW even if it means giving up david kreji (sp)

i just think with segin's development he's more valuable as trade bait, and lucic is a great second line grinder but not a top line scorer.

Love to see lines something like this next year:

? (scoring winger) Segin Horton
Lucic Bergeron Marchand

for our top 6 forwards. second line would be beastly defensively with the ability to score.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #46 on: April 28, 2012, 06:00:25 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 364
the biggest problem the bruins have is that powerplay...they had 3 chances to get something going in that game 7 and came up short on all of them.

their offense never got in any sort of rhythm...

« Reply #47 on: April 28, 2012, 06:02:57 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
the biggest problem the bruins have is that powerplay...they had 3 chances to get something going in that game 7 and came up short on all of them.

their offense never got in any sort of rhythm...

yea but part of that is they just aren't talented enough. Washington pretty much packed down low in the trap and said "go ahead, score...prove to me you can."

with horton it would have been better, but the main problem is apart from segin, we don't really have any scorers.

also, claude's powerplay offense is awful...it's always the same umbrella style.

dear claude: can't run the point shot style of power play every time. other teams watch tape ya know.

“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #48 on: April 28, 2012, 06:21:10 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
With the Bruins and Blackhawks out, I'm having a tough time maintaining an interest in hockey now.

Not sure who to root for now;  Predators, maybe?

Just hope its not the Rangers or Fly Guys hoisting the Cup when all is said and done.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team