Author Topic: DA / Catastrophic Mistake  (Read 13693 times)

DA / Catastrophic Mistake
« on: July 11, 2014, 02:14:29 PM »

Offline rutzan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 85
let me preface this by saying that i am a big DA supporter...i actually think he has been brilliant...

with that said...

the oldest rule in the book...you NEVER trade in your division or conference...

DA opened the door for lebron and love to cleveland with the zeller trade...if you disagree...prove to me that there was another way for cleveland to clear cap space with the wave of a TPE...

bron is 29...love is 25...irving is 22...we will not sniff the Finals for 5 to 7 years...barring injuries in cleveland...

i know...you're going to say you can't control what other teams do...you have to do what makes your team better...i'll never buy that argument...you NEVER trade in your division or conference...oldest rule in the book...

Re: DA / Catastrophic Mistake
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 02:15:39 PM »

Offline rondoallaturca

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 350
  • DKC Memphis Grizzlies
I suppose we shouldn't have fleeced the Nets last year then. Getting all those first round draft picks was such a boneheaded move by Ainge.

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2014, 02:16:45 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
If it wasn't the Celtics, it would have been someone else. It was a good move by Danny.

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2014, 02:17:14 PM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343

strongly disagree. We helped Cleveland hurt Miami. It's not clear that the new beast is scarier than the old beast, but it is 100% clear that we took a cut from the transaction.

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2014, 02:17:33 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
so I guess we should've let the trade exception expire then

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2014, 02:18:03 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
I suppose we shouldn't have fleeced the Nets last year then. Getting all those first round draft picks was such a boneheaded move by Ainge.

Well said.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2014, 02:18:42 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
If it wasn't the Celtics, it would have been someone else. It was a good move by Danny.

This is exactly what I was going to say.  If it wasn't the Celtics, it would have been a rival that picked up Zeller / #1 / expiring contract.

The only thing I regret is that we couldn't squeeze the #1 that Cleveland owns from Miami out of them.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2014, 02:19:42 PM »

Offline Waew

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 50
There's many other teams like Philly that would love to take contracts in exchange for draft picks.  There's 29 other teams in the league.

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2014, 02:20:02 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!

This is exactly what I was going to say.  If it wasn't the Celtics, it would have been a rival that picked up Zeller / #1 / expiring contract.

The only thing I regret is that we couldn't squeeze the #1 that Cleveland owns from Miami out of them.

So Miami owes Cleveland some future picks for getting Lebron. Those could become good picks now!

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2014, 02:20:11 PM »

Offline rutzan

• Jaylen Brown
there is NO connection between the Nets trade last year and the zeller trade this year...NONE...and yes...i would let the TPE expire...once again...someone PROVE to me that clevaland had another TPE or trade out to clear the cap space...

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2014, 02:21:39 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471

bron is 29...love is 25...irving is 22...we will not sniff the Finals for 5 to 7 years...barring injuries in cleveland...

I love how Irving is now the equal of Wade 4 years ago and Love is as good as Bosh, despite neither of them making the playoffs in their career.  Especially as Kyrie couldn't even lead the Cavs into the Eastern playoffs in a year where everybody was tanking their brains out.

Mike

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2014, 02:22:04 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
there is NO connection between the Nets trade last year and the zeller trade this year...NONE...and yes...i would let the TPE expire...once again...someone PROVE to me that clevaland had another TPE or trade out to clear the cap space...

Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. are you talking about? That TPE used was from the Pierce trade exception who we TRADED TO THE NETS last year

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2014, 02:23:03 PM »

Offline TheBig3

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 18
Yeah I'm sure we were the only team that could have made this possible....

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2014, 02:23:04 PM »

Offline rutzan

• Jaylen Brown
i would take love over bosh any day of the week...that's a no-brainer...

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2014, 02:23:32 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1482

I agree with this.  The C's weren't the only team with a TPE or non-guaranteed contracts.  Some other team would have stepped in.  If Lebron wanted to go back to Cleveland the Cavs were going to make it work somehow.

DA has no control over how the lotto balls fall.  Wiggins is really the main thing that makes it appear right now that Love is going to get moved to Cleveland.