Author Topic: Celtics interested in Gobert?  (Read 6496 times)

Celtics interested in Gobert?
« on: October 30, 2020, 01:18:59 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
Never heard of the source. Take it with a grain of salt.

https://twitter.com/LegionHoopsRoss/status/1321837375681630211?s=20

Quote from: LegionHoopsRoss
The Celtics are weighing the idea of trading for Jazz center Rudy Gobert, source tells me.

There’s belief within the Celtics organization that trading for a center this offseason is a priority.

Re: Celtics interested in Gobert?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2020, 01:27:54 PM »

Offline Darth_Yoda

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 52
Never heard of the source. Take it with a grain of salt.

https://twitter.com/LegionHoopsRoss/status/1321837375681630211?s=20

Quote from: LegionHoopsRoss
The Celtics are weighing the idea of trading for Jazz center Rudy Gobert, source tells me.

There’s belief within the Celtics organization that trading for a center this offseason is a priority.

Unless the cost is just Hayward and a pick/Timelord I wouldnt bother.
'21 Historical Draft
PG: Kyle Lowry / Mookie Blaylock / Mark Jackson
SG: Reggie Miller / Jeff Hornacek / Nick Anderson
SF: George Gervin / George McGinnis / Kyle Korver
PF: Connie Hawkins / Serge Ibaka / Josh Smith
C: Clint Capela / Bill Laimbeer / Jusuf Nurkic

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2020, 01:30:49 PM »

Offline bogg

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 51
Doubt it. All the same issues affording him past this season that they have with Hayward. Maybe even moreso. Might as well hold onto Hayward and let continuity carry you through a weird compressed season.

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2020, 01:34:50 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Who is LegionHoopsRoss?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2020, 01:42:30 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
Doubt it. All the same issues affording him past this season that they have with Hayward. Maybe even moreso. Might as well hold onto Hayward and let continuity carry you through a weird compressed season.
It only makes sense cap-wise if it's for Kemba. Otherwise it would probably be a 1-year rental.

I'm not a fan of Gobert's game. He's a terrific rim protector, but he ain't mobile enough to play D on the perimeter. Imo, he'd be a bad fit in our system on both sides of the court.

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2020, 01:57:32 PM »

Offline Darth_Yoda

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 52
'21 Historical Draft
PG: Kyle Lowry / Mookie Blaylock / Mark Jackson
SG: Reggie Miller / Jeff Hornacek / Nick Anderson
SF: George Gervin / George McGinnis / Kyle Korver
PF: Connie Hawkins / Serge Ibaka / Josh Smith
C: Clint Capela / Bill Laimbeer / Jusuf Nurkic

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2020, 01:59:53 PM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 867
Celtics interested in Gobert?  Sure, that part I believe, not exactly news.  I just can't see Utah trading him though.  He is really their only big.  They have Conley, Mitchell, and Bogdanovic.  They don't need Hayward, they don't need Walker.  Gobert is perfect for them.  I know there are supposed to be issues but I think they work them out.

If they do trade him, afraid they will lose him next season for nothing, I doubt the Celtics are the best deal.

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2020, 02:04:09 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Celtics interested in Gobert?  Sure, that part I believe, not exactly news.  I just can't see Utah trading him though.  He is really their only big.  They have Conley, Mitchell, and Bogdanovic.  They don't need Hayward, they don't need Walker.  Gobert is perfect for them.  I know there are supposed to be issues but I think they work them out.

If they do trade him, afraid they will lose him next season for nothing, I doubt the Celtics are the best deal.

I'd imagine it would be more of a 3-way thing where Boston gets Gobert, Indy gets Hayward, and Utah gets Turner/Lamb (or whatever). That way they get a big back that is actually signed for a few years and we get the big that we actually want.

If it involves anything more than like the #30 from our side, I would definitely be out. I mean, I am probably out anyway, but I certainly wouldn't give up Romeo or #14 or anything.

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2020, 02:09:02 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
I just can't see Utah trading him
I can definitely see Utah trading him.

Gobert is about to hit free agent in 2021. Chances are he'll ask for the max. All it takes is one desperate team to make one desperate offer. It's possible that the Jazz have their reservations about Gobert's next contract. Personally speaking, I wouldn't want the C's to pay Gobert max money.

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2020, 02:11:31 PM »

Online CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
Only way I see the Celtics making a play for Gobert is with a 3 team trade that sends Hayward to a team he is willing to sign with long term.

Maybe something like

Celtics get Gobert (Cs could also take Davis if Jazz want to dump salary)

Pavers get Hayward

Jazz get Turner, Lamb, #14, #26 and #30 (Cs could also include Langford)

Ultimately like everything else I'm sure DA calls and asks about Goberts asking price in the hopes of finding a deal and thats all. I predict nothing happens involving the Cs and a major trade.

I do think Gobert makes a ton of sense for ATL. If they really want to push for the playoffs then make this deal.

ATL gets Gobert

Jazz get Capela and #6

The Jazz can then trade Hayes or Okoro at #6 and maybe explore bringing Favors back as a FA

Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2020, 02:21:03 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
Only way I see the Celtics making a play for Gobert is with a 3 team trade that sends Hayward to a team he is willing to sign with long term.

Maybe something like

Pavers get Hayward

Ultimately like everything else I'm sure DA calls and asks about Goberts asking price in the hopes of finding a deal and thats all. I predict nothing happens involving the Cs and a major trade.

I do think Gobert makes a ton of sense for ATL. If they really want to push for the playoffs then make this deal.

ATL gets Gobert

Jazz get Capela and #6

The Jazz can then trade Hayes or Okoro at #6 and maybe explore bringing Favors back as a FA

Wow....!!  THat's quite a haul for the Jazz!

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2020, 02:27:06 PM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106
How about Hayward , Poirier, Timelord, Carsen plus the 3 picks this year for
Gobert plus Conley ?
We get one year of a top 3 center plus a decent back up point guard. It will be expensive in terms of luxury tax but the second team will be more than adequate with Conley and Theis.

« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2020, 02:31:07 PM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
I definitely believe our interest is true here, I also believe Utah is looking at trading him.

There were a lot of reports that he and Mitchell were not getting along last season. The jazz will do what it takes to keep Mitchell happy and if that means trading Gobert then they will.

I don't think Utah takes Hayward, especially after Hayward burned them in free agency.. but I do think a three teamer with Indy makes a lot of sense for all teams involved.

I'd happily take Gobert, he fills our biggest hole, and if its between him and turner (hypothetically) I'll take Gobert 10 times out of 10.

« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2020, 02:34:59 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

Maybe something like

Pavers get Hayward

ATL gets Gobert

Jazz get Capela and #6

ATL-Jazz trade makes a lot of sense.  Celtics trade seems like overpay by Celtics IMO, especially including Langford. 

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2020, 02:43:14 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386

Maybe something like

Pavers get Hayward

ATL gets Gobert

Jazz get Capela and #6

ATL-Jazz trade makes a lot of sense.  Celtics trade seems like overpay by Celtics IMO, especially including Langford.

is Gobert that good?  I wouldn't give Capela and Halliburton, Capela and Hayes, or Capela and Okongwu for Gobert I don't think....