Author Topic: Shams: Kyrie Traded to Mavs (Dinwiddie, DFS, #1)  (Read 28800 times)

Re: Shams: Kyrie Requests Trade
« Reply #165 on: February 04, 2023, 06:39:17 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1446
Sounds like they were just showing different players on the Jumbotron. Kinda like the Celtics do with their intro video before the game starts. Sounds like he’s away from the team.

Nick Friedell: Jacque Vaughn said Kyrie wasn’t at the Nets’ walkthrough this afternoon. He’s not sure if he will be at the game tonight.  – via Twitter NickFriedell
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #166 on: February 04, 2023, 06:42:45 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1004
Sounds like they were just showing different players on the Jumbotron. Kinda like the Celtics do with their intro video before the game starts. Sounds like he’s away from the team.

Nick Friedell: Jacque Vaughn said Kyrie wasn’t at the Nets’ walkthrough this afternoon. He’s not sure if he will be at the game tonight.  – via Twitter NickFriedell

Don't think Kyrie will even be in for the remainder of his tenure as a Nets this week lol

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #167 on: February 04, 2023, 06:46:16 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3006
  • On To Banner 18!
I know the talk is about Kyrie, but not much is being said about Ben Simmons again pretty much taking time off for "left knee soreness". Even their HC said his knee's MRI was clean "like before" and in a previous press conference he legit rolled his eyes when talking about Simmons

Simmons is a bust, period. I think he's gonna be out of this league soon too. This guy isn't hurt he just folds when there's any bit of adversity and now as the Nets face more turmoil he'll probably rule himself out the rest of the season
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #168 on: February 04, 2023, 06:47:32 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Gift that keeps on giving
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #169 on: February 04, 2023, 06:48:42 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3185

Wow, he quit on them, like he quit on us.

« Reply #170 on: February 04, 2023, 06:49:48 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

It's hilarious to me that BKN players and fans are surprised at this. Kyrie legit sat out most of their season last year due to not getting vaccinated, AND during another period of time he legit took "personal time" off (not injury or a family emergency). I'm not really surprised Harden demanded out when he did

« Reply #171 on: February 04, 2023, 06:55:47 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
I wonder if BKN decides to just dump both Irving + Simmons now. Maybe a trade with LAL where BKN gets back Westbrook, Beverley, a young player and 2-3 future picks (2 firsts, 1 second)

« Reply #172 on: February 04, 2023, 06:57:04 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 415
Need to quit paying all these players huge contracts..shouldn’t have a contract more than 3 years, then they would play more
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #173 on: February 04, 2023, 07:11:35 PM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1241

I still remember that game vs the Bucks where he chucked shots without a conscience. He quit on us then, now he’s quitting on the Nets and most importantly his supposed best buddy, KD. Only a desperate team would risk giving major assets for what might possibly be a rental. Honestly I think only the Lakers would be desperate enough to go all in on Kyrie.

« Reply #174 on: February 04, 2023, 07:42:56 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2715
:laugh:

Nets fans boo Kyrie Irving before game against Washington

Neil Dalal: Nets introduce their full roster on the Jumbotron before the teams took the court. Lots of boos when Kyrie Irving is shown. – via Twitter NeilDalal96

Nick Friedell: Claxton admitted that he was caught off guard by news of Kyrie’s request. Royce O’Neale said he was surprised. Nets locker room feels understandably off prior to tonight’s game. – via Twitter NickFriedell

Welcome to the club, Nets fans

« Reply #175 on: February 04, 2023, 07:46:44 PM »

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 265
  • International Superstar
I know the talk is about Kyrie, but not much is being said about Ben Simmons again pretty much taking time off for "left knee soreness". Even their HC said his knee's MRI was clean "like before" and in a previous press conference he legit rolled his eyes when talking about Simmons

Simmons is a bust, period. I think he's gonna be out of this league soon too. This guy isn't hurt he just folds when there's any bit of adversity and now as the Nets face more turmoil he'll probably rule himself out the rest of the season

Simmons doesn't seem to care very much, it's true, but knee injuries are no joke in basketball. Lonzo Ball - who looked really good with Chicago and certainly wants to keep playing - had a pretty routine knee surgery in January of 2022 and apparently he still isn't anywhere close to coming back:
https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/bulls/bulls-billy-donovan-says-time-ticking-save-lonzo-balls-season
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.

« Reply #176 on: February 04, 2023, 08:01:36 PM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1241
Can’t the NBA do something in this situation? He’s intentionally missing games.

« Reply #177 on: February 04, 2023, 08:03:51 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
Can’t the NBA do something in this situation? He’s intentionally missing games.

Probably not, because he is listed as out with some injury. And frankly I'm sure many teams (including the C's) intentionally do this for "rest/load management" with their own players from time to time.

Now maybe BKN's front office complains and files a grievance in the future but right now it seems unlikely. BKN may also be fine letting Kyrie stay healthy so they can get back value for him in a trade rather than him getting hurt before the deadline

« Reply #178 on: February 04, 2023, 08:08:38 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

Simmons doesn't seem to care very much, it's true, but knee injuries are no joke in basketball. Lonzo Ball - who looked really good with Chicago and certainly wants to keep playing - had a pretty routine knee surgery in January of 2022 and apparently he still isn't anywhere close to coming back:
https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/bulls/bulls-billy-donovan-says-time-ticking-save-lonzo-balls-season

Yeah the Lonzo situation is very sad to hear. And I apologize if it turns out Ben Simmons really is dealing with a major knee issue. But I just don't buy it right now. Over his career he's also missed significant time due to back and shoulder issues (some of them he seemed to take his sweet time to return), but also he cited "mental health" as a reason to miss games most of his final season with PHI before they ultimately traded him. The time he was "holding out", though he still refused to cooperate and give updates to PHI staff though, which was another red flag. I think this guy is just soft. Embiid by all accounts is a nice guy and awesome teammate, and even he openly hates Simmons and basically said "adios" when Simmons left via trade. Vaughn also seems to be sick of providing Simmons updates. The difference with Lonzo is, coaches and front office are openly concerned about his health and working with him to get him right. That doesn't seem to be true with Simmons and the Nets

« Reply #179 on: February 04, 2023, 08:23:57 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3185

I still remember that game vs the Bucks where he chucked shots without a conscience. He quit on us then, now he’s quitting on the Nets and most importantly his supposed best buddy, KD. Only a desperate team would risk giving major assets for what might possibly be a rental. Honestly I think only the Lakers would be desperate enough to go all in on Kyrie.

I have never seen someone quit as bad as Kyrie quit on us. It was shameful!