Author Topic: Welcome to Boston Blake Griffin  (Read 1457 times)

Welcome to Boston Blake Griffin
« on: September 30, 2022, 07:33:50 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
Welcome to Boston BG.

As far as I'm concerned there are only 2 reasons why its taken this long for Griffin to find his spot in Boston.

1. He, his agent, everyone knew that we were signing Gordon Hayward that summer. He wisely took the security of the Clippers extension even though there was rumored interest from Boston and meanwhile the Celtics got their target in Hayward.

In hindsight maybe things could have been great if he chose Boston and we lost Hayward to Miami or Utah. Who could say?

2. He took bad advice from a less than reputable source in Tristan Thompson(allegedly) and was sold a bill of good by Durant and Irving.

He should have joined up when the Celtics were a strong -if flawed- contender. Instead he signed with the self proclaimed basketball Gods in Brooklyn with their walk it up, probing, iso style offense that was always a bad fit for his game.

Say what you want about Tatum and Brown not moving the ball enough, they  play with pace and space which should be refreshing for BG.

---

Maybe I'm wearing the Green colored glasses but I remember a lot of posters around here telling me Horford was cooked and nothing but a salary dump when we traded back for him.

All I can say is I'm a beleiver. Welcome to Boston Blake Griffin.

Re: Welcome to Boston Blake Griffin
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2022, 07:48:29 PM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1237
I’m cautiously optimistic that he’ll be better than he was at Brooklyn. Welcome to Beantown BG!

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2022, 08:42:08 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
As long as he improves from being the turnstile that Jaylen constantly went through in the playoffs last year I will be happy. Maybe they can give him the nickname "Tokens Please"  :police:

I kid, he has a good attitude at least. He was one of the never say die Nets when everyone else had run up the white flag.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2022, 08:11:19 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
... Brooklyn with their walk it up, probing, iso style offense that was always a bad fit for his game.

Say what you want about Tatum and Brown not moving the ball enough, they  play with pace and space which should be refreshing for BG.
Re-watching some BG highlights, he's still quite a load around the rim and on lobs. If he can hit 33% on threes, he's a good 4th-5th "bailout" option on broken plays etc.

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2022, 08:29:46 AM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986
One thing that Griffin deserves credit for is that, despite having so many injuries robbing him of superstardom, he still puts his body out there.  He led the league in charges drawn last year, and did so in under 1000 minutes.  He still brings max effort, even as the skill and athleticism are diminished.

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2022, 10:49:27 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
One thing that Griffin deserves credit for is that, despite having so many injuries robbing him of superstardom, he still puts his body out there.  He led the league in charges drawn last year, and did so in under 1000 minutes.  He still brings max effort, even as the skill and athleticism are diminished.

You saw glimpses of it in Game 3 of the Nets series last year too. Yeah, Jaylen had some nice buckets over him and did well, but Griffin I'm pretty sure had 6 quick points and he certainly looked like the only Nets player trying that particular quarter. I don't question his effort, even if he has his limitations now due to age, injuries, etc.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2022, 11:11:31 AM »

Online 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
We need him to stay healthy and eat up minutes.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2022, 01:09:18 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
The disrespect is real lol. Whoever created this image must've been a Celtics fan since 2021

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)