Author Topic: It's Media Day!  (Read 2915 times)

Re: It's Media Day!
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2022, 01:27:54 PM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1237
Grant gave a great interview.

Yes, he was quite impressive. On another note, is Abby Chin with NBATV now? If so then that’s another damper for the upcoming season.

« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2022, 01:31:01 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986

Yes, he was quite impressive. On another note, is Abby Chin with NBATV now? If so then that’s another damper for the upcoming season.

On days like Media Day, NBATV sometimes borrows locals to help out with the bugger stories, so it could just be a one-day thing.  But honestly I don’t know.

« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2022, 01:32:29 PM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas

On days like Media Day, NBATV sometimes borrows locals to help out with the bugger stories, so it could just be a one-day thing.  But honestly I don’t know.

Thanks and TP for you sir.

« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2022, 01:39:50 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Listening to Tatum and Brown it seems like they have about the same amount of info on the Ime stuff as we do.

Which begs the question - how did Matt Barnes get the scoop?
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2022, 01:50:04 PM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
Great interview by Marcus there. Everyone seems to like Joe. I just hope all the positive things being said by the players translate in the court. I feel a bit more confident today as compared to yesterday.

« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2022, 01:53:04 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
Listening to Tatum and Brown it seems like they have about the same amount of info on the Ime stuff as we do.

Called up his old teammate Udoka?

« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2022, 01:57:09 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I doubt Udoka would spill the whole story if it's as serious as Barnes makes it sound.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2022, 01:57:38 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!

And Udoka gave him into that made him publicly retract his support? That doesn't exactly make sense.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2022, 01:58:44 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald

I doubt Udoka would spill the whole story if it's as serious as Barnes makes it sound.

I wasn’t meaning to sound serious.  Also, further research showed me that while both played for the 05-06 Knicks, they both only spent partial seasons with that team and didn’t overlap, so that connection doesn’t really exist.

« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2022, 01:59:32 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald

And Udoka gave him into that made him publicly retract his support? That doesn't exactly make sense.

Sorry, failed attempt at humor.

If I had to take a real guess, I’d guess Matt Barnes, having a lot of LA ties, has enough connection to someone in Nia Long’s orbit to have gotten that side of the story.

« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2022, 02:03:42 PM »

Offline bello_man09

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 249
  • "Celtic for life" REBUILD OR TANK
they waived the center from brazil---I am praying for Gele to turn to into a beast for this season. I like the way he rebounds.

« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2022, 02:05:40 PM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 468

From what we are hearing it seems that any info that is coming out is coming out from Idoka's "Fiancee" and her team.  they have no allegiance to protect anyone but their client.  I'm sure the team is being very tight lipped on this and I hope for the players sake they are filled in as to something so they know it was justified. 

« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2022, 02:15:34 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372

We don't even know what he knows and if he's telling the truth about what he knows. For all we know someone could have given him wrong details and he's running with it.

That's why I've given up on speculating and worrying about it. It's now moving into the realm of tabloid magazines.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2022, 03:16:35 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
I watched Mazzulla’s presser, and he seems like someone with high emotional intelligence, which is absolutely an asset in the current situation.  I think the team is in good hands, but I do expect a bumpy start to the season.  The team seems not in the greatest headspace, and Mazzulla doesn’t seem like the type of person who is going to force them to get past what’s gone on before they’re ready.  Long run that’s probably the wise thing, but in the short run we may pay for it in on-court preparation.

« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2022, 03:30:11 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177
I watched Mazzulla’s presser, and he seems like someone with high emotional intelligence, which is absolutely an asset in the current situation.  I think the team is in good hands, but I do expect a bumpy start to the season.  The team seems not in the greatest headspace, and Mazzulla doesn’t seem like the type of person who is going to force them to get past what’s gone on before they’re ready.  Long run that’s probably the wise thing, but in the short run we may pay for it in on-court preparation.

I expected a little bit of a slow start due to the fact of playing into the summer but now I'm hoping they come out with a big chip on their collective shoulders.