Author Topic: Journalists nowadays  (Read 5310 times)

Journalists nowadays
« on: September 23, 2022, 02:03:28 PM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
I don't like woj nor Steven A.. never did.. too much meaningless talking or trying to give the news faster without checking the sources...
But implying that an organisation punished someone because  he is black and the other saying without evidence that it was a consensual relationship was too much..
But I must say they are funny
Today woj has lost his tongue
And Steven A says wyc is a nice person but they should fire him..
Laughable
Both

Re: Journalists nowadays
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2022, 02:20:31 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
The thing is, a lot of these guys aren't journalists anymore.  They don't care necessarily care about journalistic ethics or any of that.

They're "entertainment journalists".  It's all about hot takes, trade rumors and clickbait.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2022, 02:30:24 PM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
If I was a celtic owner I would be offended if someone was implying that I act with racist motives.. would sue him

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2022, 02:37:25 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
All Shams and Woj care about is being first and getting clicks

ESPN is a joke now except for when it's showing live games

« Last Edit: September 23, 2022, 02:59:51 PM by rondofan1255 »

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2022, 02:45:10 PM »

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 264
  • International Superstar
The thing is, a lot of these guys aren't journalists anymore.  They don't care necessarily care about journalistic ethics or any of that.

They're "entertainment journalists".  It's all about hot takes, trade rumors and clickbait.

Ultimately because of how the industry has evolved you’re more beholden than ever to your readership - it’s very difficult to finance good sports journalism in an era where no one wants to pay for it and comparatively few people want to read it.

Which is going to be “better” from a top-line point of view:an in-depth, nuanced, meticulously sourced assessment of the Celtics’ current situation in the context of the league… or a “hottest Celtics employees” article? And which one is going to get more engagement?
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2022, 02:46:26 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
It's already being brought to light a bit on social media but it sure would be nice to see ESPN bring the same type of energy to the Favre scandal as they've been bringing to the Udoka news.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2022, 03:01:12 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
By all accounts it was a consensual relationship, at least until something happened that was inappropriate.

And for the record, a guy like Smith is rarely doing journalism these days.  Every once in awhile he puts on the journalist hat, but for the most part he is a sports analyst not a journalist.  There is a very big difference in those two things.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2022, 04:23:31 PM »

Offline Amonkey

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
It's already being brought to light a bit on social media but it sure would be nice to see ESPN bring the same type of energy to the Favre scandal as they've been bringing to the Udoka news.

Good point.
Baby Jesus!

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2022, 04:31:45 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 871
  • GOT IT!!!
C’s just cannot win. They will be forever punished for the city of Boston. Hell Jay Williams didn’t even know Udoka wasn’t the C’s first black coach for god’s sake.

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2022, 04:33:18 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2022, 04:38:12 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 871
  • GOT IT!!!

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2022, 05:13:49 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Calling these guys "journalists" is an insult to actual journalists. These guys are just loudmouths.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2022, 05:16:59 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
Not sure why we would put Woj in the same bucket with SAS. Smith is an opinion machine. It’s his bit. Say something so extreme it starts a conversation. There are no “Smith bombs”. When I see a Woj bomb I can pretty much take to the bank that thewhat he said is going to happen is going to happen. Seems like reporting to me.

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2022, 05:28:29 PM »

Online 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
Journalism is DEAD...all you have is people reading monitors and giving opinions.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2022, 05:31:54 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
Not sure why we would put Woj in the same bucket with SAS. Smith is an opinion machine. It’s his bit. Say something so extreme it starts a conversation. There are no “Smith bombs”. When I see a Woj bomb I can pretty much take to the bank that thewhat he said is going to happen is going to happen. Seems like reporting to me.
This is what I was thinking. Whatever our opinions are of Woj, he's a reporter who created a brand based on being good at reporting. Shams is similar.

SAS and most of the rest of ESPN is just hot take, talking head bs. I can't stand it and wish fewer people tuned in for the crap.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2022, 02:03:44 PM by Big333223 »
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008