Author Topic: Udoka Facing Suspension/Udoka to Nets??  (Read 57403 times)

Re: Udoka Facing Suspension
« Reply #660 on: September 30, 2022, 11:54:39 PM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
Bill Maher highlighted The Celtics and Udoka on New Rules tonight.

https://youtu.be/O880LqI_jxs
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #661 on: October 01, 2022, 02:39:37 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

"God forbid grown ups make decision about there own bodys, without getting corporate incolved"

« Reply #662 on: October 01, 2022, 03:40:14 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

"God forbid grown ups make decision about there own bodys, without getting corporate incolved"
If that’s his takeaway, then I wouldn’t want any women working in subordinate positions near him.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #663 on: October 01, 2022, 07:15:59 AM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509

If that’s his takeaway, then I wouldn’t want any women working in subordinate positions near him.

I think, generally, most people would agree with his take. He acknowledges that if there’s any coercion or a real power dynamic that it’s not ok. On the other hand he doesn’t presume that in every workplace situation that involves people of higher/lower “status” that it is automatically inappropriate. 

A point well made is that work is one of the very few places that people meet and get to know each other and it shouldn’t be that 2 consenting adults should have to disclose their relationship to the company.  Of course, ultimately we’ll find that Ime’s relationship crossed lines that Maher would agree are not ok.  Though I doubt he’ll do a follow up monologue when more information becomes available.

I don’t 100% agree with the serious parts of Maher’s take but I agree with a lot of it.

« Reply #664 on: October 01, 2022, 07:53:32 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Is Ime the source of the espn story?  Seems very vague without any real specifics and doesn't seem all that bad, leading me to believe Ime leaked the story thinking it would eventually get out and he wanted to set the narrative to help get a future job.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #665 on: October 01, 2022, 09:06:31 AM »

Offline MarcusSmartFanClub

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 59

Bill Maher has some incredibly bad takes. He had one about the marathon bombing not being a big deal.

« Reply #666 on: October 01, 2022, 09:08:20 AM »

Offline MarcusSmartFanClub

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 59
Is Ime the source of the espn story?  Seems very vague without any real specifics and doesn't seem all that bad, leading me to believe Ime leaked the story thinking it would eventually get out and he wanted to set the narrative to help get a future job.

I agree. I think this will be relatively inconsequential related to actual basketball, though it does fulfill the TMZ like material that so many seek out.

Coaching is overrated in the NBA. It wasn’t Ime that changed in January- it was the players. MJ won those titles and Phil kept going to teams with stars.

If the players are up for it, they will determine how far the Celtics go.

« Reply #667 on: October 04, 2022, 12:33:23 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741

Beautiful example of one of my pet peeves. Maher says, "Now, not all the facts about this case are known..." and then spends 6 minutes criticizing the decision he doesn't have all the facts about.

Acknowledging out loud that you don't know what you're talking about doesn't then give you carte blanche to talk about what you don't know about. If you don't know what happened, talk about something else.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #668 on: October 04, 2022, 01:45:50 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

Beautiful example of one of my pet peeves. Maher says, "Now, not all the facts about this case are known..." and then spends 6 minutes criticizing the decision he doesn't have all the facts about.

Acknowledging out loud that you don't know what you're talking about doesn't then give you carte blanche to talk about what you don't know about. If you don't know what happened, talk about something else.
completely agree.  Maher was just using this as an opportunity to spew about his pet peeve of PC culture and men having to restrain themselves in the workplace.  bunch of the typical crap he's put out for the past 2-3 years.   he used to make some decent points pre-Covid but since the lockdown he's been mostly an ass.

« Reply #669 on: October 04, 2022, 02:09:59 PM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
Bill Maher is a comic with a political edge.  I didn't disagree with what he said.  In the case of Udoka, it probably is more than just 2 consenting adults who work together starting to date (although none of us nor Maher know all the details).  I don't think Ukoda specifically was the main point of his harangue.  It was more about this idea that if two consenting adults who work at the same company, start to date, that they have to tell HR.  And to me, that does seem weird.

Office romances can create certain tensions but I am not sure getting HR involved or just forbidding any office romance in the right answer.  For young people today though, if that is the rule, then it is no wonder online dating is so common.

« Reply #670 on: October 04, 2022, 02:36:03 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
I think Ime will end up coaching the Lakers.

« Reply #671 on: October 04, 2022, 02:38:09 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Bill Maher is a comic with a political edge.  I didn't disagree with what he said.  In the case of Udoka, it probably is more than just 2 consenting adults who work together starting to date (although none of us nor Maher know all the details).  I don't think Ukoda specifically was the main point of his harangue.  It was more about this idea that if two consenting adults who work at the same company, start to date, that they have to tell HR.  And to me, that does seem weird.

Office romances can create certain tensions but I am not sure getting HR involved or just forbidding any office romance in the right answer.  For young people today though, if that is the rule, then it is no wonder online dating is so common.
my issue with his bit is that he used it as a jumping off point for one of his pet grievances without doing a bit of research into what went on.  basically he took the info that came out day one and went with that without any acknowledgement that more info (admittedly not a lot) has come out since then that has shown this isn't a clearcut situation where 2 consenting adults had a consensual relationship.

« Reply #672 on: October 04, 2022, 04:24:26 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961

Yup …..it’s his most likely other destination,  the land where ANYTHING goes ,  right or wrong or class never matters

« Reply #673 on: October 04, 2022, 04:29:01 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 979

Yup …..it’s his most likely other destination,  the land where ANYTHING goes ,  right or wrong or class never matters

I think Portland in 2-3 seasons.

« Reply #674 on: October 04, 2022, 05:22:08 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

I think Portland in 2-3 seasons.
I think this has always been his goal. Coach Portland with a bunch of his fellow Oregon buddies
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)