Author Topic: NFL 2022 Season  (Read 116977 times)

Re: NFL 2022 Season
« Reply #285 on: October 02, 2022, 01:52:16 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 995
Wow, the Jags might be for real. They've been very impressive to start the year

Go figure, get rid of the toxic influences (cough Urban cough) and suddenly you look functional

Yup crazy. And the Ravens look like they'll be dangerous in the playoffs...blowing out the Bills

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #286 on: October 02, 2022, 02:02:53 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2943
  • On To Banner 18!

Go figure, get rid of the toxic influences (cough Urban cough) and suddenly you look functional

Yup crazy. And the Ravens look like they'll be dangerous in the playoffs...blowing out the Bills

Yeah I was about to post. I know everyone thinks KC/BUF in the AFC but I think Baltimore is making a real case that they are among the cream of the AFC as well. AFC has a Big 3 of BUF/KC/BAL. Then the next set of teams are basically 2nd tier. 

BAL up 20-3 on BUF now and looking great
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #287 on: October 02, 2022, 02:13:52 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544

Lawrence is also a monster.  There is a reason he was basically projected as a no brainer #1 pick since he was in high school.  They used last year to get him some experience and then in the off season spent money to get him more weapons.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #288 on: October 02, 2022, 02:20:52 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
Obviously as the resident Ravens fan on here, I'm not surprised.  They were the #1 seed last year until injuries just became too much to overcome and in that Dolphins game they blew this year, they were down to like the 6th string corners in that 4th quarter, playing a team with 2 burner WR's.  Plus, they still didn't have Dobbins back to run the ball (and still don't have Edwards back). It was just a perfect storm to complete the collapse. 

That said, the secondary is still banged up a bit, so I wouldn't be surprised at all to see the Bills get a whole bunch of points as this game goes on and make it close.  I'd be surprised if they come all the way back as the running game is working today, but you never know especially if the Bills score here right before the half.

« Reply #289 on: October 02, 2022, 02:48:38 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2522
WT

« Reply #290 on: October 02, 2022, 03:09:19 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

Lawrence is also a monster.  There is a reason he was basically projected as a no brainer #1 pick since he was in high school.  They used last year to get him some experience and then in the off season spent money to get him more weapons.

The Lions and Giants got rid of their headcases too over the past 1-2 years and go figure, those teams actually look decent and the QBs look solid too.

Sadly for us Pats fans, we inherited some of them for some odd reason...  ::)

« Reply #291 on: October 02, 2022, 03:11:27 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2522
Obviously as the resident Ravens fan on here, I'm not surprised.  They were the #1 seed last year until injuries just became too much to overcome and in that Dolphins game they blew this year, they were down to like the 6th string corners in that 4th quarter, playing a team with 2 burner WR's.  Plus, they still didn't have Dobbins back to run the ball (and still don't have Edwards back). It was just a perfect storm to complete the collapse. 

That said, the secondary is still banged up a bit, so I wouldn't be surprised at all to see the Bills get a whole bunch of points as this game goes on and make it close.  I'd be surprised if they come all the way back as the running game is working today, but you never know especially if the Bills score here right before the half.

Ravens been stifled since 20-3.  Bills on the move to possibly tie.

« Reply #292 on: October 02, 2022, 03:15:37 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

Ravens been stifled since 20-3.  Bills on the move to possibly tie.

BAL has a weird knack of going up fairly big on the opponent but then letting them back in it in the 2nd half. That Miami game obviously where they blew a 35-14 lead. Now a 20-3 lead is a tie game against Buffalo. Even against New England, they were up 31-20 and then NE made it a 5-point game and were again in the redzone, but threw an INT. BAL was close to blowing that game too

« Reply #293 on: October 02, 2022, 03:32:52 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1391

Yeah I was about to post. I know everyone thinks KC/BUF in the AFC but I think Baltimore is making a real case that they are among the cream of the AFC as well. AFC has a Big 3 of BUF/KC/BAL. Then the next set of teams are basically 2nd tier. 

Lamar Jackson is not in the same league as those other qbs.

« Reply #294 on: October 02, 2022, 03:50:43 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1431

I mean, he did win League MVP a few seasons ago. He’s close.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #295 on: October 02, 2022, 03:51:30 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
Wow what a dumb couple of decisions by Baltimore. Don’t take the field getting stuffed three times in a row and now will likely lose.

« Reply #296 on: October 02, 2022, 03:54:01 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

I mean, he did win League MVP a few seasons ago. He’s close.

He has one career playoff win and is 1-3, often as the higher seed. He can’t make the throws when you need him to in a tight playoff game. Allen and maholmes clearly can

« Reply #297 on: October 02, 2022, 03:54:23 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 995
Wow what a dumb couple of decisions by Baltimore. Don’t take the field getting stuffed three times in a row and now will likely lose.

Harbaugh likes playing aggressive

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #298 on: October 02, 2022, 04:00:00 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

Harbaugh likes playing aggressive
Coached his way to a loss aggressively.

« Reply #299 on: October 02, 2022, 04:05:43 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
They weren't going to stop Buffalo. They needed to go for it, that was just a terrible play call and then the INT let them get off the goal line