Poll

Would you trade Brown + White + #1 for Durant?

Yes
13 (28.9%)
No
32 (71.1%)

Total Members Voted: 45

Author Topic: New Celtics / Durant rumor  (Read 59340 times)

Re: New Celtics / Durant rumor
« Reply #555 on: August 12, 2022, 08:25:49 PM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
I still think he's going to stay in BKN, but they'll have a miserable season dealing with the Kyrie/Durant drama, and also Simmons who'll probably also do something (or "get hurt" again)

Not in LeBron’s NBA. Durant will go where to a team he wants. Kyrie will go to LAL (the only team that wants him) for Westbrook and mediocre picks. Players don’t have to play for a team they don’t want to anymore.

Is there a trade to be made? I think the Pels are the only team that I can see that can pay that king's ransom and still have the pieces to put around Durant.

Is Phoenix still possible?can Durant wait a year!?

« Reply #556 on: August 12, 2022, 08:53:06 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I still think he's going to stay in BKN, but they'll have a miserable season dealing with the Kyrie/Durant drama, and also Simmons who'll probably also do something (or "get hurt" again)
Winning cures a lot of ills. I expect them to have a great season and for all this to be forgotten if BKN is patient.

« Reply #557 on: August 12, 2022, 09:18:47 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I d throw Simmons in a deal with Irving , just to be shed of him. , dump two babies at once.   His whole presence is a drag and weight on the coaches and rest of team.  As an NBA fan I loath seeing his sorry butt on TV.

« Reply #558 on: August 12, 2022, 09:32:29 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
I d throw Simmons in a deal with Irving , just to be shed of him. , dump two babies at once.   His whole presence is a drag and weight on the coaches and rest of team.  As an NBA fan I loath seeing his sorry butt on TV.
Simmons and Irving to Lakers for Westbrook and Davis.

« Reply #559 on: August 12, 2022, 09:38:21 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Lakers should jump at that. Nets not so sure. Depends on AD playing there.

« Reply #560 on: August 12, 2022, 09:41:06 PM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • The voice of reason

I know that on paper it looks good, but you’re trading away one legit star for 2 headcases.

I’d pass as LA to be honest. AD is way better to build around post-LeBron. He’s still 29.

« Last Edit: August 12, 2022, 09:50:32 PM by Erik »

« Reply #561 on: August 12, 2022, 09:48:45 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson

I know that on paper it looks good, but you’re trading away one legit star for 2 headcases. I’d pass as LA to be honest. AD is way better to build around post-LeBron. He’s still 29.
AD is always hurt and not committed to the sport while playing in a preferred place. He is the issue.

Irving is about the spectical and would love LA. We already also know Simmons has been demanding LA for some time.

Nets are the ones you have to sell this to.

« Reply #562 on: August 12, 2022, 09:53:23 PM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • The voice of reason
LA or Siberia, Simmons is probably currently at his most overvalued trade value. This is the buy high moment. We know he sucks but still gets 1 last shot.. This is that part where Ben is getting the “well Kwame could turn his career around in LA” treatment. No, Ben Simmons is quite clearly selfish, mentally weak, physically lazy, and an average NBA basketball player. He and everyone else knows that he is not a star. His eccentricity is just his defense mechanism covering for that and his personal humiliation of how far behind he fell compared to his peers. He’s done within 5 years IMO.

The “Kyrie Irving would never do that to x in y” argument is forever null and void after he went to the city HE chose, with the player HE wanted to play with… oh and they had a former MVP join them as well. The result ? Everyone ran as fast as they could (including KD) out of Brooklyn to get away from him specifically. He is immovable imo. No one is paying that salary for him ever. Otherwise he’d just opt out.

There is no way in the world I’m giving up AD for those 2 clowns if I’m a smart GM. If this trade happens, LeBron pushed for it and they fell for it again.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2022, 10:00:03 PM by Erik »

« Reply #563 on: August 12, 2022, 10:05:35 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
LA or Siberia, Simmons is probably currently at his most overvalued trade value. This is the buy high moment. We know he sucks but still gets 1 last shot.. This is that part where Ben is getting the “well Kwame could turn his career around in LA” treatment. No, Ben Simmons is quite clearly selfish, mentally weak, physically lazy, and an average NBA basketball player. He and everyone else knows that he is not a star. His eccentricity is just his defense mechanism covering for that and his personal humiliation of how far behind he fell compared to his peers. He’s done within 5 years IMO.

The “Kyrie Irving would never do that to x in y” argument is forever null and void after he went to the city HE chose, with the player HE wanted to play with… oh and they had a former MVP join them as well. The result ? Everyone ran as fast as they could (including KD) out of Brooklyn to get away from him specifically. He is immovable imo. No one is paying that salary for him ever. Otherwise he’d just opt out.

There is no way in the world I’m giving up AD for those 2 clowns if I’m a smart GM. If this trade happens, LeBron pushed for it and they fell for it again.
LeBron played with both AD and Irving. I think if he pushes for it it's actually worth listening to.

« Reply #564 on: August 12, 2022, 10:42:28 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Grant Williams said he has been in contact with Brown since the rumors began gaining steam this summer. “It’s a significant rumor,” said Williams who added, “It’s something you want to take for a grain of salt. I feel like JB is mature in his mindset; he knows that. I’ve talked to him, texted him…it’s one of those things, this league is a business. It’s one of those things you can’t be discouraged by.”

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #565 on: August 12, 2022, 11:24:55 PM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • The voice of reason

LeBron played with both AD and Irving. I think if he pushes for it it's actually worth listening to.

Of course, you always want to listen to your team. But it has to make business sense. IMO this does not. People often like to  evaluate two items by best case scenario, as you may have done here. Sure, there is a world where Kyrie starts medicating, and Ben suddenly learns how to shoot and make bunnies… and how to be an actual teammate… and AD gets injured again. IMO The most realistic outcome is that AD brings you other players, gets hurt every other year, and gets you to at minimum the finals Playoffs lol

The most realistic for Ben IMO? He’s going to be trade fodder for another handful of years in diminishing value until he either accepts the Blake Griffin honorary 3mins/game role or says f it and takes his millions to a beach somewhere.

The most realistic for Kyrie? He’s going to ruin everything he can. Any culture you’ve built, the head coach, LeBron will eventually leave.. just this is one time where the worst case is the actual expected result.

« Reply #566 on: August 13, 2022, 09:31:47 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson

Of course, you always want to listen to your team. But it has to make business sense. IMO this does not. People often like to  evaluate two items by best case scenario, as you may have done here. Sure, there is a world where Kyrie starts medicating, and Ben suddenly learns how to shoot and make bunnies… and how to be an actual teammate… and AD gets injured again. IMO The most realistic outcome is that AD brings you other players, gets hurt every other year, and gets you to at minimum the finals Playoffs lol

The most realistic for Ben IMO? He’s going to be trade fodder for another handful of years in diminishing value until he either accepts the Blake Griffin honorary 3mins/game role or says f it and takes his millions to a beach somewhere.

The most realistic for Kyrie? He’s going to ruin everything he can. Any culture you’ve built, the head coach, LeBron will eventually leave.. just this is one time where the worst case is the actual expected result.
LeBron and the Lakers just need one good year out of Irving and Simmons. Think their excitement of the change is good enough for that.

« Reply #567 on: August 13, 2022, 10:24:09 AM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
Grant Williams said he has been in contact with Brown since the rumors began gaining steam this summer. “It’s a significant rumor,” said Williams who added, “It’s something you want to take for a grain of salt. I feel like JB is mature in his mindset; he knows that. I’ve talked to him, texted him…it’s one of those things, this league is a business. It’s one of those things you can’t be discouraged by.”

When Grant was a rookie I thought that he might come on a bit strong and that his personality might be annoying to older players.  At this point I think Grant is a guy you really want on your team.  A glue human who is smart, cares about teammates, stays positive and works hard.  It will not surprise me if Grant takes another solid step forward as a player this year. 

« Reply #568 on: August 13, 2022, 11:32:33 AM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • The voice of reason
I typically live by the “when someone shows you they are, believe them” mantra. The Nets didn’t believe what they saw and it happened again. I personally can’t believe there is someone on a Celtics fan board that believe that Kyrie can give 1 good of anything after living through it once and then watching with popcorn the second time. He’s a parasite to any organization.

« Reply #569 on: August 13, 2022, 11:55:40 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961

When Grant was a rookie I thought that he might come on a bit strong and that his personality might be annoying to older players.  At this point I think Grant is a guy you really want on your team.  A glue human who is smart, cares about teammates, stays positive and works hard.  It will not surprise me if Grant takes another solid step forward as a player this year.

Maybe it’s just my poor eyesight ,  but did you see him in his Kids Basketball camp video ?  Looked a bit pudgy to me .