Author Topic: NBA official 2022 transaction thread  (Read 33939 times)

Re: NBA official 2022 transaction thread
« Reply #375 on: July 15, 2022, 08:51:04 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Tacko Fall..12 points, 15 boards & 3 blocks for Jazz other night
That he has been in the league three years, is playing Summer League, is playing against mostly GLeague talent level players and that's all he could put up, tells me, Tacko isn't a real NBA player.

Nicest guy in the world, but he should head to China where he could be MVP worthy and could make good bank.
He's also 27 in December.

But I don't think he cares about making huge money in China or whatever.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #376 on: July 15, 2022, 10:12:46 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Frank Isola says Lowry for Irving is a real possibility.  I would assume at least 1 1st would go to the Nets given Lowry's massive contract.  That would be an interesting trade for both teams assuming Durant stays in Brooklyn.  If Durant is traded, then Lowry to the Nets makes no sense at all and they'd be better off keeping Irving or getting Westbrook and a 1st from the Lakers, but I do kind of like the fit of Lowry as the leader of the Nets with Durant being the best guy.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #377 on: July 15, 2022, 10:19:03 AM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 979
Jimmy Butler will get tired of Kyrie pretty quickly, but maybe it can last a season.

« Reply #378 on: July 15, 2022, 10:19:56 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
MIA must take risks. They are not good enough to compete as is.

« Reply #379 on: July 15, 2022, 10:22:57 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Frank Isola says Lowry for Irving is a real possibility.  I would assume at least 1 1st would go to the Nets given Lowry's massive contract.  That would be an interesting trade for both teams assuming Durant stays in Brooklyn.  If Durant is traded, then Lowry to the Nets makes no sense at all and they'd be better off keeping Irving or getting Westbrook and a 1st from the Lakers, but I do kind of like the fit of Lowry as the leader of the Nets with Durant being the best guy.

I wouldn't want Lowry with or without Durant.  He's old, broken down, and is owed $29.7 million in 2023. 

To have that trade make sense, they'd have to get back more than just one #1.  The Westbrook trade isn't great because it costs them a ton in luxury tax, but at least he's an expiring contract.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #380 on: July 15, 2022, 10:43:30 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be

I wouldn't want Lowry with or without Durant.  He's old, broken down, and is owed $29.7 million in 2023. 

To have that trade make sense, they'd have to get back more than just one #1.  The Westbrook trade isn't great because it costs them a ton in luxury tax, but at least he's an expiring contract.

Yeah, Lowry looks pretty cooked these days.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #381 on: July 15, 2022, 11:20:32 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

I believe the thinking in Brooklyn is they get off of Irving and they get a real an actual leader.  Part of Brooklyn's issues is the only leader on the team is Irving and he is unreliable at best.  Lowry is a real and genuine leader.  He'd provide a stabilizing force.  And I know he was hurt in the playoffs, but he did play 63 games at 33.9 mpg and averaged 13.4 ppg, 7.5 apg, 4.5 rpg, and 1.1 spg.  Clearly not worth 30 million a year production, but also not unplayable production.  But you get Lowry to fill the leadership void, to have a guy that can run a team, and to pass the ball to Durant and get out of the way.  He is also still a capable outside shooter who can hit the open shot.  You pick up another 1st and/or other assets as well. 

« Reply #382 on: July 15, 2022, 11:31:23 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

I believe the thinking in Brooklyn is they get off of Irving and they get a real an actual leader.  Part of Brooklyn's issues is the only leader on the team is Irving and he is unreliable at best.  Lowry is a real and genuine leader.  He'd provide a stabilizing force.  And I know he was hurt in the playoffs, but he did play 63 games at 33.9 mpg and averaged 13.4 ppg, 7.5 apg, 4.5 rpg, and 1.1 spg.  Clearly not worth 30 million a year production, but also not unplayable production.  But you get Lowry to fill the leadership void, to have a guy that can run a team, and to pass the ball to Durant and get out of the way.  He is also still a capable outside shooter who can hit the open shot.  You pick up another 1st and/or other assets as well.

If that's the thinking, I wonder if there's a way to make a three way with Utah work for Mike Conley.

Here's a very simple iteration that could be adjusted:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=24cjdyjq

Utah picks up Strus for facilitating; Brooklyn saves a ton of money this year off its luxury tax payment; Miami gets a "superstar" that would drive them nutso.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #383 on: July 15, 2022, 02:04:55 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

If that's the thinking, I wonder if there's a way to make a three way with Utah work for Mike Conley.

Utah picks up Strus for facilitating; Brooklyn saves a ton of money this year off its luxury tax payment; Miami gets a "superstar" that would drive them nutso.
Lowry is better than Conley.  I don't see why Brooklyn would rather have Conley.

« Reply #384 on: July 15, 2022, 02:11:28 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Lowry is better than Conley.  I don't see why Brooklyn would rather have Conley.

Conley is younger, more durable, scores more (in fewer minutes), shoots from outside better, has fewer turnovers, gets more steals and blocks, fouls less, and has a better net rating despite playing on an inferior team.  He's got a significantly better VORP, BPM, and PER, and he leads in WS and WS/48, as well.  He's also cheaper.

« Reply #385 on: July 15, 2022, 06:04:25 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478

Conley is younger, more durable, scores more (in fewer minutes), shoots from outside better, has fewer turnovers, gets more steals and blocks, fouls less, and has a better net rating despite playing on an inferior team.  He's got a significantly better VORP, BPM, and PER, and he leads in WS and WS/48, as well.  He's also cheaper.

Agree Conley is better.

3-way trade:
Heat receive: Conley, Clarkson
Lakers receive: Lowry, Bogdanovic
Jazz receive: Westbrook,  Strus, Heat 1st, Lakers 1st

Heat upgrade at two positions.

Lakers get a team-first PG and a quality roleplayer in Bogdanovic.

Jazz get an expiring + picks and a young-ish player.

« Reply #386 on: July 16, 2022, 03:17:00 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Keldon Johnson got a 4yr $80mil contract extension from San Antonio. That is Marcus Smart money. On the pricey side of things but not too bad for a James Posey type player.

« Reply #387 on: July 16, 2022, 03:34:14 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Keldon Johnson got a 4yr $80mil contract extension from San Antonio. That is Marcus Smart money. On the pricey side of things but not too bad for a James Posey type player.
Wow!! But great for him
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #388 on: July 17, 2022, 04:23:04 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn
about 13 minutes ago
The Utah Jazz have agreed on a two-year, $6.25M deal with Italian forward Simone Fontecchio of Baskonia in the Spanish ACB, his agent Sam Goldfeder of @ExcelBasketball tells ESPN. @Jonathan Givony considers Fontecchio, 26, the best available international small forward prospect.

« Reply #389 on: July 17, 2022, 05:26:01 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
22 year-old who just averaged 17/6/2 on 47/40/76 shooting splits - that makes sense to me.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)