Author Topic: NBA Finals Schedule  (Read 1152 times)

NBA Finals Schedule
« on: May 26, 2022, 12:03:07 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2156
So if the Celtics can somehow win on Friday they will have 6 days off and there is only one time in the finals where there is a single off day:

June 2: NBA Finals 2022 Game 1
June 5: NBA Finals 2022 Game 2
June 8: NBA Finals 2022 Game 3
June 10: NBA Finals 2022 Game 4
June 13: NBA Finals 2022 Game 5 (If necessary)
June 16: NBA Finals 2022 Game 6 (If necessary)
June 19: NBA Finals 2022 Game 7 (If necessary)

I think with this schedule, the Celtics should be fresh, again IF they can get the job done. I expect Game 6 to be a down to the wire rock fight.
The only color that matters is GREEN

Re: NBA Finals Schedule
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2022, 12:09:23 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
Celtics haven't won 3 in a row since the first-round of the playoffs.

Let's win 3 in a row. Get them their rest. I also miss the NBA Finals being on the traditional Thurs/Sun/Tues schedule and the 2-3-2 format. The C's would benefit greatly having those 3 home games in the middle, considering the C's are deadly on the road.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2022, 12:33:29 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
Hasn’t the Finals Schedule been up since like February? I think only the times are TBD but the dates have always been known

But this is also why they went with an every other day schedule. Because even with this schedule, Game 7s would be Sunday or Monday next week for the ECF and WCF respectively and they obviously want teams to have at least 3 days off before Game 1 of the Finals. It just wasn’t feasible to have any point of the ECF/WCF have multiple days off
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2022, 12:40:07 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

Let's win 3 in a row. Get them their rest. I also miss the NBA Finals being on the traditional Thurs/Sun/Tues schedule and the 2-3-2 format. The C's would benefit greatly having those 3 home games in the middle, considering the C's are deadly on the road.

Hate the 2-3-2 format. Hurt us in ‘85 and ‘87 IMO.

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2022, 01:03:53 AM »

Online bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593

I hate the Thu/Sun/Tue schedule.  Especially because the NBA never seemingly laid it out right when doing 2-3-2.  They'd often start the Finals on Thu, so you have 2 days off multiple times when the players aren't even traveling, but then have to fly cross country twice with only 1 day off. Makes no sense.

Game 1 - Thu
Game 2 - Sun, so 2 days off before Game 2 with no travel

Game 3 - Tue, fly cross country with only 1 day off
Game 4 - Thu
Game 5 - Sun, another 2 days off with no travel

Game 6 - Tue, fly cross country again with only 1 day off
Game 7 - Thu

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2022, 04:35:22 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Speaking of days off and rest, I was thinking about this

What if they played the non-travel games back-to-back, and then had more days off in between for the travel.

So the schedule this year is basically On off On off On Off On Off what if they went On On off off On On off off.  That is 4 games in 8 days either way.   The teams play back-to-back all season long, maybe there is a benefit in the fast turn around (and it wouldn't mess up the tv schedule if they staggered it.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip