Author Topic: Demand for Game 6 tickets is laughable  (Read 15277 times)

Re: Demand for Game 6 tickets is laughable
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2022, 10:37:19 AM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 911
This has been kind of fun to watch and it seems like the fans are dictating their price for tonight, at least for Loge tickets.

Any loge tickets under $400 are getting scooped up within minutes - so if you want to go and have lower level seats fair market value is $330-400. Obviously this does not factor center court lowers.

Agreed, it's like real-life Econ 101.

« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2022, 10:39:04 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2943
  • On To Banner 18!
At Vivid, bad balcony tix start at $220 and move quickly to over $450 for great balcony seats. You can't get out of the balcony for less than $440 and that's for bad loge seats.

Only $2700 per seat, max of four.
If I could get into a loge seat for $300 or less my buddy and I were talking flying in to Boston tomorrow and going to the game. Unfortunately, ticket prices and airline prices put the kibosh on that

You no longer in Everett?  Hope my random memory of that doesn't creep you out haha.

Nick is a Florida man now.  I hear that it's because he vastly prefers Ron DeSantis over Charlie Baker, lol.
Decided moving 2 minutes from here was good for my health

Come on, nick, this could be you:

Agreed. He's missing out!  ;D (I do LOVE winter/snow btw so I'm admittedly a bit biased)

"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2022, 10:39:06 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
At Vivid, bad balcony tix start at $220 and move quickly to over $450 for great balcony seats. You can't get out of the balcony for less than $440 and that's for bad loge seats.

Only $2700 per seat, max of four.
If I could get into a loge seat for $300 or less my buddy and I were talking flying in to Boston tomorrow and going to the game. Unfortunately, ticket prices and airline prices put the kibosh on that

You no longer in Everett?  Hope my random memory of that doesn't creep you out haha.

Nick is a Florida man now.  I hear that it's because he vastly prefers Ron DeSantis over Charlie Baker, lol.
Decided moving 2 minutes from here was good for my health

Come on, nick, this could be you:

That picture was taken on the corner of Broadway and Reed St. I lived for some years on the street next to Reed St. So, I have lived that for way too many years.

« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2022, 07:01:45 PM »

Offline Newtonmom1

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 4
I get that this post is about crazy resale pricing, but as a season ticket member, it starts with the insane prices that the Celtics are charging per seat.

My seat which is normally $160 is priced at $515 (times 2) for Finals. I can’t afford to spend $2K for 2 games, so it basically forces you to sell for a high price, to offset any game(s) you go to.

Especially this season, when resale demand was really low, it would have been nice if the Celtics kept the playoffs pricing at a level that loyal season-ticket fans could actually afford to attend.

« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2022, 11:05:40 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
I get that this post is about crazy resale pricing, but as a season ticket member, it starts with the insane prices that the Celtics are charging per seat.

My seat which is normally $160 is priced at $515 (times 2) for Finals. I can’t afford to spend $2K for 2 games, so it basically forces you to sell for a high price, to offset any game(s) you go to.

Especially this season, when resale demand was really low, it would have been nice if the Celtics kept the playoffs pricing at a level that loyal season-ticket fans could actually afford to attend.

It's crazy, isn't it? And it's very difficult to compare STM pricing because your price is all based on how long you've been a STM and what your base price is (although I do think that it's nice that longer STMs get favorable pricing).

But I'm going to circle back to the ridiculous Ticketmaster fees in the secondary market, which adds another 21% to the price of the tickets. Ugh.

Just taking a peek at the Finals, corner balcony seats are starting at almost $1,000, baseline + corner loge seats starting around $2,000, and it's just up from there. Do we need a thread to keep track of the laughable pricing for this series, or is the first trip to the finals in a decade enough to keep prices inflated?

Mike

« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2022, 11:10:58 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 985

It's crazy, isn't it? And it's very difficult to compare STM pricing because your price is all based on how long you've been a STM and what your base price is (although I do think that it's nice that longer STMs get favorable pricing).

But I'm going to circle back to the ridiculous Ticketmaster fees in the secondary market, which adds another 21% to the price of the tickets. Ugh.

Just taking a peek at the Finals, corner balcony seats are starting at almost $1,000, baseline + corner loge seats starting around $2,000, and it's just up from there. Do we need a thread to keep track of the laughable pricing for this series, or is the first trip to the finals in a decade enough to keep prices inflated?

Mike

The pricing is crazy, and it’s not just the resale tickets.  Those tickets being offered directly by the Celtics are near $1k for corner balcony.

I hope those of you who can afford to go have a blast.  I’ve got a better chance of getting in the arena to sing the national anthem than I do purchasing a seat.

« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2022, 06:47:09 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
I know the original thread was about the Miami series but, in the "for what it's worth" column, there is currently a pair of tickets, on the floor (opposite the Cs side), center court, and within a few seats of where Bob Kraft usually sits, available for sale on Ticketmaster for Game 6 vs GS.

Anyone want to take a guess as to what the ticket holder is asking (i.e, not necessarily what they will eventually sell for?

Highlight the line underneath this one for the answer.
Only $96,000. Per ticket. Before fees.

Mike

« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2022, 06:52:17 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I know the original thread was about the Miami series but, in the "for what it's worth" column, there is currently a pair of tickets, on the floor (opposite the Cs side), center court, and within a few seats of where Bob Kraft usually sits, available for sale on Ticketmaster for Game 6 vs GS.

Anyone want to take a guess as to what the ticket holder is asking (i.e, not necessarily what they will eventually sell for?

Mike
YIKES!

I think spending a fraction of that on a great home theatre kind of setup would probably be a bit more worthwhile
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2022, 08:06:42 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
I made another thread about this regarding the Finals.  If anyone is interesting in selling two tickets, please let me know!
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2022, 12:41:13 PM »

Offline greenpride32

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82

My seat which is normally $160 is priced at $515 (times 2) for Finals.

I used to have season tickets during the Pierce Allen Garnett era and this always drove me crazy.  The price for each round goes up, and you pay all of this upfront before the playoffs even start.  They also charge you for 4 home games per round and in some cases this won't happen because the series ends or the C's don't hold home court.

I don't remember exact numbers but you pay for something like 44 games (includes a few pre-season) before the season starts.  Then you get the "playoff tickets" bill that can only be 16 games maximum.  You figure it's only about a third of the games and it should be a smaller bill.  Again I don't recall exact numbers but it comes out to something like 40-50%+ of what you paid for the regular season - it's enough that it makes you do a double take.

« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2022, 03:06:16 PM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349

My seat which is normally $160 is priced at $515 (times 2) for Finals.

I used to have season tickets during the Pierce Allen Garnett era and this always drove me crazy.  The price for each round goes up, and you pay all of this upfront before the playoffs even start.  They also charge you for 4 home games per round and in some cases this won't happen because the series ends or the C's don't hold home court.

I don't remember exact numbers but you pay for something like 44 games (includes a few pre-season) before the season starts.  Then you get the "playoff tickets" bill that can only be 16 games maximum.  You figure it's only about a third of the games and it should be a smaller bill.  Again I don't recall exact numbers but it comes out to something like 40-50%+ of what you paid for the regular season - it's enough that it makes you do a double take.

This is different this year -- they charge as game become necessary: two to start the series and additional charges as games are won. However, you could list them as soon as the playoffs started. I was a big fan.

« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2022, 07:31:40 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker

Mike
YIKES!

I think spending a fraction of that on a great home theatre kind of setup would probably be a bit more worthwhile

Home theater. Or maybe an entirely new home!

« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2022, 07:39:21 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Mike
YIKES!

I wish a house cost that little in Australia!

« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2022, 07:48:45 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 985

Mike
YIKES!

They don’t cost that anywhere near Boston either, to subdue your jealousy.

« Reply #44 on: June 12, 2022, 07:53:11 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Mike
YIKES!

They don’t cost that anywhere near Boston either, to subdue your jealousy.
Excellent. Unaffordable housing for all (or few?)! The median house price in Melbourne was $1.1 million Australian dollars last I checked. Yucky