Author Topic: Celtics (0-1) at Heat (1-0) ECF Game #2 5/19/22  (Read 29577 times)

Re: Celtics (0-1) at Heat (1-0) ECF Game #2 5/19/22
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2022, 06:23:27 AM »

Offline Silas

• 2020 CelticsStrong Draft Guru
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1806
Celtics should be ready for a big rebound win.  Four in a row sounds good to me.  Go Cs!
I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.   -  Mark Twain

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2022, 07:10:33 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 365
Smart probable. Horford doubtful.

The fact that he is not declared out is good news. Probably means he turned in a negative test yesterday.

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2022, 08:52:02 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Smart probable. Horford doubtful.

The fact that he is not declared out is good news. Probably means he turned in a negative test yesterday.
I like the way you think.   hopefully he turns up negative again today.  not sure if that would be sufficient to get out of the protocols

« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2022, 08:55:27 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I still can't stand the start times for two eat coast teams.   Tip off likely closer to 9 then 8:30.   

I really hope Smarts plays and start.   They need his defensive leadership and starting the offense to see if Tatum and Brown can get some easier looks.

« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2022, 09:08:35 AM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11844
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
Tonight's referees:       David Guthrie (#16)    John Goble (#10)    Bill Kennedy (#55)    Tre Maddox (#23) /alternate

« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2022, 09:15:03 AM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
I still can't stand the start times for two eat coast teams.   Tip off likely closer to 9 then 8:30.   

I really hope Smarts plays and start.   They need his defensive leadership and starting the offense to see if Tatum and Brown can get some easier looks.

I agree, it makes no sense to me when both teams are in the East Coast. I understand the appeal of having national coverage but I'd venture to guess more people tune out on the East coast after halftime because it's pushing 11 PM vs people who have yet to tune in on the West Coast because its 5 PM.

Start time should be 8 PM this series, at least on weeknights. I fell asleep on the couch during the third last game (thankfully).

« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2022, 09:47:10 AM »

Offline RMO

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 104

I agree, it makes no sense to me when both teams are in the East Coast. I understand the appeal of having national coverage but I'd venture to guess more people tune out on the East coast after halftime because it's pushing 11 PM vs people who have yet to tune in on the West Coast because its 5 PM.

Start time should be 8 PM this series, at least on weeknights. I fell asleep on the couch during the third last game (thankfully).

It gets worse during the finals (if we get there).  I think they start a little later and halftime and commercial breaks are longer.  I remember in 2010 the games didn't get over until past midnight and they were always on Tuesday, Thursday and Sundays.  Not sure if that's changed.  i was a mess for awhile after that series.

« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2022, 09:57:38 AM »

Offline Celtic Fan Forever

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2437

It gets worse during the finals (if we get there).  I think they start a little later and halftime and commercial breaks are longer.  I remember in 2010 the games didn't get over until past midnight and they were always on Tuesday, Thursday and Sundays.  Not sure if that's changed.  i was a mess for awhile after that series.

I’m still a mess after that series 12 years later, and it had nothing to do with the start times.
2023 CelticsStrong Historical Draft Champions - OKC Thunder
PG: Chauncey Billups/ Baron Davis
SG: Michael Redd/ Dan Majerle/ Allan Houston
SF: Peja Stojakovic/ Gerald Wallace/ Toni Kukoc
PF: Shawn Kemp/ Antonio McDyess
C: Dwight Howard/ Tyson Chandler

« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2022, 09:59:04 AM »

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 264
  • International Superstar

No sympathy I’ll be following along at a brisk 2am tip off ;D
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.

« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2022, 10:36:00 AM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
Derrick White OUT

Birth of his child - leave opinions out of this one I'd say.

« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2022, 10:37:36 AM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298

Jeopardy

Answer – This demographic on the East coast, that complain about the start time of games.
Question – Who are old people?

« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2022, 10:44:06 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Derrick White OUT

guess he figured that when he was on the Spurs having a kid this time of year wouldn't impact his game availability   ;)

« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2022, 10:46:57 AM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 591
Derrick White OUT

At this point, we need to make a DNP bingo card.
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2022, 10:47:14 AM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 915

Jeopardy

Answer – This demographic on the East coast, that complain about the start time of games.
Question – Who are old people?

We prefer to be called "chronologically challenged."

Mike

« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2022, 10:48:20 AM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11844
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
Boston Celtics say Derrick White is out tonight against the Miami Heat due to personal reasons.