Author Topic: NBA FIXXED GAME, AGAIN!  (Read 14379 times)

Re: NBA FIXXED GAME, AGAIN!
« Reply #75 on: May 08, 2022, 04:12:45 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2525
Felger used to call the "Green teamers" the softest fan base in the area. I didn't agree with him, but now I do.

Many freaked out about Kyrie Irving hurting the fans feelings.

In this series, the Celtics lose a tough game, and it must be someone else's fault. Doesn't matter that Kris Middleton is hurt. Doesn't matter that the Celtics took way more FT's than Milwaukee.

I didn't like the outcome, and I want to blame someone!!!

Come on people, expect more from yourselves.

Agreed.  Hopefully the actual players are looking in the mirror and not at the officiating.  If i believed in the fix the way some here seem to I wouldn't watch another NBA game again -- and it would be an easy decision.   I don't know if a handful of blogging fans and radio callers represents the fanbase, but I hope not.  Psyched for the game tomorrow and hope the C's bounce back and take control of the series.

« Reply #76 on: May 08, 2022, 04:35:14 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
For those pinning all/most of this loss on the refs, just remember: If the Celtics had shot 28% from three instead of 27%, they would've won.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #77 on: May 08, 2022, 04:38:23 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177
Felger used to call the "Green teamers" the softest fan base in the area. I didn't agree with him, but now I do.

In this series, the Celtics lose a tough game, and it must be someone else's fault. Doesn't matter that Kris Middleton is hurt. Doesn't matter that the Celtics took way more FT's than Milwaukee.

I watched the game and it was as fixed as fixed can be... You have your opinion and I have mine.

« Reply #78 on: May 08, 2022, 04:40:42 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
For those pinning all/most of this loss on the refs, just remember: If the Celtics had shot 28% from three instead of 27%, they would've won.

If half of the rotten calls and no calls go our way it would've been a blowout.

« Reply #79 on: May 08, 2022, 04:50:21 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
“It was a foul. It was a foul,” Udoka said. “He caught the ball, he was trying to enter a shot with both feet set. You can’t say that’s a sweep. Poor call, poor no-call … I saw it in person, but also on the film that I just went and looked at, it’s a shot, he was curling into a shot and he was getting fouled on the way up. Bad missed call.”

“If they don’t fall down, we’re not going to call it,” Udoka said the officials told him.

“I guess they want guys to flop more.”

« Reply #80 on: May 08, 2022, 04:59:33 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
Man the foul calls in this suns Dallas game have been brutal again s today. The foul they called on Chris Paul at the end of the first half was a foul I have never seen called in 30 years of watching basketball (little bit of contact on an offensive rebound attempt by Paul with .1 left. Every game at college or nba the refs just wave their hands and call it the end of the half with significantly more contact. Very sketchy.

« Reply #81 on: May 08, 2022, 05:27:55 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Man the foul calls in this suns Dallas game have been brutal again s today. The foul they called on Chris Paul at the end of the first half was a foul I have never seen called in 30 years of watching basketball (little bit of contact on an offensive rebound attempt by Paul with .1 left. Every game at college or nba the refs just wave their hands and call it the end of the half with significantly more contact. Very sketchy.

I've gotta disagree with you there. That was a legit foul by Paul and he should know better in that situation.

« Reply #82 on: May 08, 2022, 05:33:06 PM »

Offline MarcusSmartFanClub

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 59

I watched the game and it was as fixed as fixed can be... You have your opinion and I have mine.

So if the NBA wanted the Bucks to win this game, how can you explain the large discrepancy in free throws?

Do you have any proof of this theory, other than pointing to bad calls?

A lot of people are complaining about the refs across the league (we're not the only soft fan base). Is the NBA attempting to engineer every game, or just Celtics games?

I decided I was out on the WWF when I was about 12 years old and found out that Macho Man and Hogan weren't actually competing. If you truly believe that this was a fix, why would you continue to watch NBA games or write on an NBA team's blog?

« Reply #83 on: May 08, 2022, 05:42:42 PM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked

Yup. I forget the exact stats but Scott Foster has an uncanny ability to almost exclusively ref games where the team that’s losing the series wins the game. And what a surprise, he’s reffing this game.

Really hope he’s catching a flight to Milwaukee in an hour or so.
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #84 on: May 08, 2022, 06:25:30 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

I've gotta disagree with you there. That was a legit foul by Paul and he should know better in that situation.

If it happens in a normal situation? Maybe. But please find me another time you have seen a foul call like that with .1? There is always a lot of contact at the end of quarters like that. Unless it is the 4th and the end of a close game you will NEVER see that. Also his other foul calls? 6 in 22 minutes? It set all sorts of career records for him in his 15th season foul wise.

« Reply #85 on: May 08, 2022, 06:41:20 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

So if the NBA wanted the Bucks to win this game, how can you explain the large discrepancy in free throws?

Do you have any proof of this theory, other than pointing to bad calls?

A lot of people are complaining about the refs across the league (we're not the only soft fan base). Is the NBA attempting to engineer every game, or just Celtics games?

I decided I was out on the WWF when I was about 12 years old and found out that Macho Man and Hogan weren't actually competing. If you truly believe that this was a fix, why would you continue to watch NBA games or write on an NBA team's blog?

I don't watch for the refs but in spite of them. Tim Donaghy ( proven in court) fixed games and the people that pointed it out got the same junk. Either these refs didn't wear their glasses or they were up to something.

« Reply #86 on: May 08, 2022, 06:44:09 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
I’m shocked by the tinfoil hats in here, holy moly. I think the refs did a relatively poor job refereeing a physical game that is extremely difficult to ref, but to suggest that the league is rigged over this game is laughable.

How about Tatum shows up? How about avoiding an abysmal third quarter? You’ve got to overcome poorly officiated games to win the title. It’s that simple

« Reply #87 on: May 08, 2022, 06:47:54 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
I’m shocked by the tinfoil hats in here, holy moly. I think the refs did a relatively poor job refereeing a physical game that is extremely difficult to ref, but to suggest that the league is rigged over this game is laughable.

How about Tatum shows up? How about avoiding an abysmal third quarter? You’ve got to overcome poorly officiated games to win the title. It’s that simple

Is it really tin foil when it has been proven to
Have already happened?

« Reply #88 on: May 08, 2022, 06:48:00 PM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked

If it happens in a normal situation? Maybe. But please find me another time you have seen a foul call like that with .1? There is always a lot of contact at the end of quarters like that. Unless it is the 4th and the end of a close game you will NEVER see that. Also his other foul calls? 6 in 22 minutes? It set all sorts of career records for him in his 15th season foul wise.

Strange that this got called but Portis pulls Marcus Smart’s arm down on the follow up after his missed FT with no call. Different game I know, but yeah, they don’t usually call these fouls.
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #89 on: May 08, 2022, 06:48:12 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

Yeah, heard the same thing back when Tim Donaghy fixed games.