Author Topic: NBA FIXXED GAME, AGAIN!  (Read 14330 times)

Re: NBA FIXXED GAME, AGAIN!
« Reply #45 on: May 07, 2022, 07:51:56 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3176
Exhausted from watching the refs pull out all the stops for the BUcks! Did not make for any kind of watchable game.

Such a shame.

« Reply #46 on: May 07, 2022, 07:53:14 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
The C’s had a chance to win at the end. The foul discrepancy wasn’t that large. C’s had 23 fouls, Bucks had 19. The home team typically gets more calls. I’m sorry, but this loss wasn’t on the refs.

Watch the game. The nocalls were as bad as some of the calls. IT WAS THE REFS.

I did watch the game. I watched the C’s try to execute a poorly drawn up play at the end. I watched Grant Williams, a below average rebounder be lined up next to Giannis and Brook for the intentionally missed FT while Horford (a superior rebounder)was kept in the backcourt. How about the coach putting the team in a position to have a chance at the end?
The Celtics had 3 great chances to tie it from within two feet and missed all of them and put a 4th shot in 0.1 seconds too late.

Not sure complaining about positioning or a called play makes any sense given what happened. You're simply taking the result and placing blame on Ime for some unknown reason. Maybe you just don't like the guy.

Timelord, Smart and Horford had excellent chances and missed. Then Horford knocked it in a fraction of a second too late on the 4th shot. That's all on the players not converting. The decision to run it the way they did put those players in a position to get those great opportunities. That's not Udoka's fault.

There were no adjustments at halftime. Team was settling for jump shots until halfway through the 4th quarter, even though Giannis and Brook had been in foul trouble since the 2nd quarter. The play calling at the end of the game was horrible. Don’t know how you can watch the game and think that the coaching was in anyway good. I think Ime has done a really solid job for the C’s this year, but that doesn’t mean that he was good today.

Cause we almost won even with an avalanche of BS calls.

« Reply #47 on: May 07, 2022, 08:05:45 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Just give us a fair whistle next game and the Celtics will take care of the rest!

« Reply #48 on: May 07, 2022, 08:10:17 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
The C’s had a chance to win at the end. The foul discrepancy wasn’t that large. C’s had 23 fouls, Bucks had 19. The home team typically gets more calls. I’m sorry, but this loss wasn’t on the refs.

I did watch the game. I watched the C’s try to execute a poorly drawn up play at the end. I watched Grant Williams, a below average rebounder be lined up next to Giannis and Brook for the intentionally missed FT while Horford (a superior rebounder)was kept in the backcourt. How about the coach putting the team in a position to have a chance at the end?
The Celtics had 3 great chances to tie it from within two feet and missed all of them and put a 4th shot in 0.1 seconds too late.

Not sure complaining about positioning or a called play makes any sense given what happened. You're simply taking the result and placing blame on Ime for some unknown reason. Maybe you just don't like the guy.

Timelord, Smart and Horford had excellent chances and missed. Then Horford knocked it in a fraction of a second too late on the 4th shot. That's all on the players not converting. The decision to run it the way they did put those players in a position to get those great opportunities. That's not Udoka's fault.

There were no adjustments at halftime. Team was settling for jump shots until halfway through the 4th quarter, even though Giannis and Brook had been in foul trouble since the 2nd quarter. The play calling at the end of the game was horrible. Don’t know how you can watch the game and think that the coaching was in anyway good. I think Ime has done a really solid job for the C’s this year, but that doesn’t mean that he was good today.
They we're leading at half and Tatum was awful. What adjustments were needed other than Tatum and Smart hitting shots and hoping the refs weren't going to continue coddling Giannis?

The team then came back from what was a 14 point deficit, after an awful quarter for just about every starter. Udoka gets no credit for that.

If I am placing blame for this loss Udoka is about the last guy I am putting blame on. If someone watches this game and is blaming Ime, they are showing a clear anti-Udoka bias, IMO.

« Reply #49 on: May 07, 2022, 08:41:12 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2951
  • On To Banner 18!
Even when Lebron got superstar treatment though, I thought Lebron actually made basketball moves, had relative control and would just get the "benefit of the doubt" a lot of the time with 50/50 calls.

Giannis straight up bulldozes at defenders with erratic control and the referees literally never call a foul on him, or they call it a blocking foul but not a charge. Like HUH?? And some of his moves or charges literally puts others in danger but the refs just bat an eye.

I'm sorry but Giannis should absolutely be fouling out of a ton of these games in less than 20 minutes but the refs just adore him. There are other physical big men like Paul Reed of PHI who also play physical but they tend to get in foul trouble early because they aren't Giannis  ::)
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #50 on: May 07, 2022, 09:00:06 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1435

They we're leading at half and Tatum was awful. What adjustments were needed other than Tatum and Smart hitting shots and hoping the refs weren't going to continue coddling Giannis?

The team then came back from what was a 14 point deficit, after an awful quarter for just about every starter. Udoka gets no credit for that.

If I am placing blame for this loss Udoka is about the last guy I am putting blame on. If someone watches this game and is blaming Ime, they are showing a clear anti-Udoka bias, IMO.

So having a whopping 4pt lead  at half means they don’t need to make adjustments or strategize for the 2nd half? How about having Tatum attack the rim? He finished the game with 3 free throws. Maybe him sinking some free throws in the 2nd half would have helped with his shooting slump. Or perhaps attacking Brook and Giannis who were both in foul trouble back in the 2nd quarter? some higher percentage looks vs settling for jump shots.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #51 on: May 07, 2022, 09:01:17 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
When Allen Clearly CLEARLY fouled Tatum in the 2nd quarter after his shot was blocked by Timelord (grabbed his hand and shoved him in the side-NO CALL)---Holiday hits a 3 pointer when the ball should have been ours---I said we're gonna lose because of the BS No Call. and we lose by 2.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #52 on: May 07, 2022, 09:03:31 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1556
How much money did these refs' friends make on this one???

Not a real sport...

WWE

entertainment
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #53 on: May 07, 2022, 09:25:09 PM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
When Allen Clearly CLEARLY fouled Tatum in the 2nd quarter after his shot was blocked by Timelord (grabbed his hand and shoved him in the side-NO CALL)---Holiday hits a 3 pointer when the ball should have been ours---I said we're gonna lose because of the BS No Call. and we lose by 2.

I thought the exact same thing on the exact same play.
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #54 on: May 07, 2022, 09:47:34 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
Funny how ESPN is showing a graphic of the free throw disparity that Boston had 17 FTA and MIL had 0 FTA in the last 16:30 of Game 3 lol

Always finding ways to hate Boston teams.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #55 on: May 07, 2022, 09:49:49 PM »

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 574
Serious question. Why do you think the league would fix the game so the Bucks win?

Boston is a bigger market. I thought the game was horribly called, but wondering why they would want them to win

« Reply #56 on: May 07, 2022, 09:56:48 PM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Serious question. Why do you think the league would fix the game so the Bucks win?

Boston is a bigger market. I thought the game was horribly called, but wondering why they would want them to win

Giannis attracts eyeballs globally as someone else mentioned somewhere

« Reply #57 on: May 07, 2022, 10:52:15 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 985

Yeah, that was a 5-point swing.  We were in the bonus — Tatum should have been shooting free throws instead of Holiday shooting a 3.

« Reply #58 on: May 07, 2022, 10:58:32 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379

Yeah, that was a 5-point swing.  We were in the bonus — Tatum should have been shooting free throws instead of Holiday shooting a 3.

Everybody on the planet knew it was a foul except of course the ref who was standing right in front of the play.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #59 on: May 07, 2022, 10:59:48 PM »

Offline mobilija

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 622
The NBA failed to stop us from sweeping the KD/Kyrie Nets. They gotta stretch this series to 7 games or else they lose money  ::)

Sweet! Guaranteed Game 4 win for the Celtics!