Author Topic: SVG is right  (Read 4190 times)

Re: SVG is right
« Reply #60 on: May 04, 2022, 10:50:23 PM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 272
My favorite Stan comment
were his criticism of Tatum and Brown overdribbling.

1 instance per player I believe.  And he went so far as to call it early Celtic season type play. (or last season type play..don't remember).
He's so right on that.  He explained how, aside from the turnovers in each case, it just slows everything down.

The other comment I liked was referencing some past coach who said never let them pressure you.  Just go by them when they pressure you and look to pass.  Easier said than done...but trying to fancy dribble out of defensive pressure is just not good basketball, at least at the level of the NBA.

Wish I was there for the games he called on the Harden Rockets (which I think he coached before). It's just Harden and Eric Gordon dribbling and jacking up 3's.

It's a different NBA now, where ballhandlers are so much deadlier. But as other posters mentioned, the NBA is also allowing more physicality this year, so might need to find a balance.

« Reply #61 on: May 13, 2022, 10:34:29 PM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
So I wasn't able to watch the first half of game 6 (supposed to be working but ended up following the game too closely over twitter anyway).

Did the 3's open up the drives? Thoughts?

« Reply #62 on: May 13, 2022, 10:41:11 PM »

Offline gouki88

• Global Moderator
  • Bob Cousy
  • Tommy Points: 1383
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
So I wasn't able to watch the first half of game 6 (supposed to be working but ended up following the game too closely over twitter anyway).

It was mostly just good shot-making. Milwaukee were leaving us especially open. The second quarter lead was generated through fiercely good defence more than our offence.

« Reply #63 on: May 13, 2022, 10:46:06 PM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen

It was mostly just good shot-making. Milwaukee were leaving us especially open. The second quarter lead was generated through fiercely good defence more than our offence.

I reckon if you swing the ball in those situations then you lose some of the air in our offense.

If you shoot without hesitation, then next possession the D inside hesitates just a bit more, allowing some lanes.

I couldn't watch but felt like Ime was making a point to punish Milwaukee gambling just from Twitter Tweets - a good number of our shots were from 3? But maybe I'm wrong.

« Reply #64 on: May 13, 2022, 11:00:13 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 479
SVG is still right. C’s continue to take way too many 3’s, but fortunately, they dropped in tonight. I hate “live by the 3 die by the 3” basketball. This postseason, the C’s are attempting more 3’s per game than the Warriors. The Warriors…It’s ridiculous. Only team that has taken more shots from deep during the playoffs is Dallas.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2022, 11:14:55 PM by Goldstar88 »

« Reply #65 on: May 13, 2022, 11:25:46 PM »

Offline ausbacker

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 39

I hate live by the three die by the three but if you're hitting on something that is working, you may as well keep doing it until the opposition shows you they can stop it.

« Reply #66 on: May 13, 2022, 11:40:38 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 600
SVG is still right. C’s continue to take way too many 3’s, but fortunately, they dropped in tonight. I hate “live by the 3 die by the 3” basketball. This postseason, the C’s are attempting more 3’s per game than the Warriors. The Warriors…It’s ridiculous. Only team that has taken more shots from deep during the playoffs is Dallas.

Today particularly, Milwaukee just gave us open 3s.  I don't love shooting a ton of 3s in theory, but those are good looks that I feel like you've just gotta take.  They are much better looks than trying to finish over/through Brook Lopez camping in front of the rim.  We've got the shooters to shoot them.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #67 on: May 14, 2022, 12:24:04 AM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 479

Today particularly, Milwaukee just gave us open 3s.  I don't love shooting a ton of 3s in theory, but those are good looks that I feel like you've just gotta take.  They are much better looks than trying to finish over/through Brook Lopez camping in front of the rim.  We've got the shooters to shoot them.

White went 1-5 from 3pt tonight. Should he be taking those shots just because they are good looks?

« Reply #68 on: May 14, 2022, 12:29:15 AM »

Online angryguy77

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 445

White went 1-5 from 3pt tonight. Should he be taking those shots just because they are good looks?

I've been a white hater this series, but the last 2 games he's hit some timely shots.

« Reply #69 on: May 14, 2022, 02:08:48 AM »

Online #1P4P

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 92
Going by the numbers, 3PM, Bucks >/<19 Assists, and Bucks >/< 100 points stand out. Except for Game 1, when we make more threes, we win.

Milwaukee does not want to defend 16-22 second possessions with multiple actions for a make/miss to then have to play against our half court defense. They’re baiting us into shooting a semi-open/guarded 3PA after the first action with 12+ seconds left in the shot clock to a non-Tatum/Brown shooter, and run out in transition.

When this team forces the Bucks to face its half court defense and practices the ball movement on offense, it is dominating. So as long as we’re making the defense work, the threes aren’t leading to transition opportunities, and, of course, we make them at a decent clip, they should take as many as they like.
With 2 top 20 scorers that are all around players still improving, an elite defense, youth, experience, and veteran leadership, we have all of the ingredients of a contender. In a 7 game series, I like our chances against any team including Milwaukee.

« Reply #70 on: May 14, 2022, 02:20:44 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 355
Milwaukee is literally giving up the 3. They play drop coverage, they camp inside, they collapse on drivers… to not take the 3 is literally trying to ram through a wall instead of around it. The happy medium is to take more mid range J’s which to be fair to Ime, the team has done more of.
- LilRip

« Reply #71 on: May 14, 2022, 03:12:17 AM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
Milwaukee is literally giving up the 3. They play drop coverage, they camp inside, they collapse on drivers… to not take the 3 is literally trying to ram through a wall instead of around it. The happy medium is to take more mid range J’s which to be fair to Ime, the team has done more of.

In my uneducated opinion (haven't been able to watch much of this series), the mid-range J should be reserved for the Jays fittingly. It's an inefficient shot, but could get them going, and screw up Milwaukee's packing of the paint. None of the other players should shoot it.