Author Topic: Celtics (3-0) at Nets (0-3) Round 1 Game 4 4/25/22  (Read 36118 times)

Re: Celtics (3-0) at Nets (0-3) Round 1 Game 4 4/25/22
« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2022, 01:43:06 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
Let's GO Celts. Close it out. A little more RWIII and get a few days off.

« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2022, 01:51:41 PM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11844
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
The Celtics rank second in personal fouls against (22.4 fouls per game) in Foster-officiated contests during the official’s lengthy career. Boston trails only the Utah Jazz (22.7 fouls per game) in the category, being called for more fouls than 28 other NBA teams when Foster is on patrol. In turn, Boston’s opponents have shot more free throws than all but the Jazz (25.6 free throws per game) when Foster is officiating.

https://nesn.com/bets/2022/04/one-prop-bet-worth-considering-as-scott-foster-officiates-celtics-nets/

The Celtics are 65-59 (.524 win percentage) in games he has officiated. The Nets are 48-59 (.449 win percentage) in Foster-officiated games.

In Foster’s home-road splits this season, the home team has received fewer foul calls and free throws. Visiting teams, like the Celtics in this case, have shot 22.4 free throws per game while home teams have shot 20.5.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2022, 01:58:04 PM by FLCeltsFan »

« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2022, 02:01:36 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2953
  • On To Banner 18!
Don't want to jinx anything by saying this, but as an FYI my friend (Bucks fan) told me that he was listening to the radio there and the strong belief is IF Boston and Milwaukee can finish their series on Monday night and Wednesday night respectively, then Game 1 of Round 2 for both teams is likely Sunday afternoon at TD Garden. This is also because the B's play Friday night but Saturday may be viewed as an "off-day" for most teams UNLESS if there's Game 7s scheduled those days for teams.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #48 on: April 25, 2022, 02:17:38 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
I'm curious to see how Brooklyn's role players play. I don't think they get much credit for it because the team is down 3-0 (due to KD + Kyrie mainly). But also, Bruce Brown has been their best player this whole series, and yet he's asked in practice yesterday questions about Ben Simmons being available Game 4. I kind of wonder if the role players for BKN finally hit that wall and that'd really help the C's even if one of KD/Kyrie goes off.

It'd be nice if Bruce Brown didn't start off games on a big run for BKN lol that puts us in early holes

Blake Griffin, Andre Drummond, Goran Dragic are all free agents too, and while they probably can all get minimum contracts based on reputation, might be looking to prove to the rest of the NBA they can still play/contribute.

I'm ready for the Celtics to sign Dragic and pay him whatever he wants, just so we don't have to play against him.

Mike

I think they should start Dragic over Seth Curry in game 4. Dragic has played great against BOS + Dragic gives them a better ball-handler, driver, passer than Curry which that starting unit needs. Gives them a bit more size on D too.

I'd also start Claxton instead of Drummond. I do not understand why Claxton is not first choice center. I have not understood all year. He is their only big men with active legs. The only guy who can run. Who can hustle. He is an above average team defender & rebounder. Use those talents.

Then choose Drummond or Blake as backup C depending on needs / matchups. Muscle & rebounding vs perimeter skills.

« Reply #49 on: April 25, 2022, 02:27:40 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
Don't want to jinx anything by saying this, but as an FYI my friend (Bucks fan) told me that he was listening to the radio there and the strong belief is IF Boston and Milwaukee can finish their series on Monday night and Wednesday night respectively, then Game 1 of Round 2 for both teams is likely Sunday afternoon at TD Garden. This is also because the B's play Friday night but Saturday may be viewed as an "off-day" for most teams UNLESS if there's Game 7s scheduled those days for teams.

Conference Semifinals begin 5/2-3,  but could be moved up to Saturday 4/30 or Sunday 5/1 according to NBA.com.

« Reply #50 on: April 25, 2022, 02:29:55 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

Conference Semifinals begin 5/2-3,  but could be moved up to Saturday 4/30 or Sunday 5/1 according to NBA.com.

Yeah it's a bit weird but they make it flexible for all the rounds. Like sometimes you have Game 1 of a new round start before Game 7 of a previous round for another series lol.

Only the Finals are set in stone in terms of date when it begins and schedule

« Reply #51 on: April 25, 2022, 02:33:04 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1674
Hope we come out with intent tonight.  I like being up 3-0 more than any of the alternatives but I'm not going to declare Brooklyn dead until I see the body.  Finish the job. 

« Reply #52 on: April 25, 2022, 02:36:21 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177
I'm Travelling in Portugal and might have to miss tonight's game. I hate missing any game but it might not be possible. Go Celtics!!!!!

« Reply #53 on: April 25, 2022, 02:58:57 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
I'm Travelling in Portugal and might have to miss tonight's game. I hate missing any game but it might not be possible. Go Celtics!!!!!

Terrible. Flaking out just like Ben Simmons. Where are your priorities!  >:(

Lol obviously jk. Have fun travelling around today! We'll hold down the fort in the GDT today  ;D

« Reply #54 on: April 25, 2022, 03:05:50 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
I don't think the Cs will be complacent and I expect the Nets to play for pride. Otherwise, I don't care about the Nets' mindset or drama.

Twice we've blown 2nd-half double-digit leads in this series. We can play better and we have to play better.

No we haven't, unless you have a weird definition of blowing a lead.
We were up 13 in the 2nd half in game 1 and were very lucky to win on a buzzer-beater. Saturday, we were up 15 and it got down to two possessions because Smart took it upon himself to keep trying to put in the dagger.

We're up 3-0 against the Nets, but we're not going to be playing teams that are so weak mentally going forward.

In Game 3 we never trailed once we took the lead late in the 1st quarter.  Getting it to 5 points with 22 seconds to go isn't blowing a lead.  It's isn't even clinging onto a lead.

That's your opinion. Mine is that any time you waste a big lead in the 2nd half and put a game in jeopardy you've screwed up barring some ridiculous hot shooting by your opponent. In any case, it was a 2 possession game with 58 seconds left.

« Reply #55 on: April 25, 2022, 03:06:30 PM »

Online Silas

• 2020 CelticsStrong Draft Guru
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1807

We'll miss your Game Time.....safe travels.
I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.   -  Mark Twain

« Reply #56 on: April 25, 2022, 03:11:23 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo

Yeah it's a bit weird but they make it flexible for all the rounds. Like sometimes you have Game 1 of a new round start before Game 7 of a previous round for another series lol.

I would think the NBA would like to be showcasing their product over the weekend if possible. All the series in the East should be wrapped up by Weds.

« Reply #57 on: April 25, 2022, 03:19:16 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

I would think the NBA would like to be showcasing their product over the weekend if possible. All the series in the East should be wrapped up by Weds.

Yeah but it also depends on availability of arenas and such. Sometimes those are already booked on certain days for concerts, hockey, etc.

There are some weird occasions too where say, a Game 1 of a new round starts one day, and that same day there's a Game 6 for a previous round. But there may be two days off after Game 1 whereas there's only one day off after Game 6, so they try to make sure all of the round's games are completed before any of the next round series reaches a Game 2.

« Reply #58 on: April 25, 2022, 03:30:43 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 915
All right, I've pulled out the Gordon Hayward jersey and have been wearing it on Zoom calls today. We'll see if it's lucky...

Mike

« Reply #59 on: April 25, 2022, 03:57:39 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969

Oh no !  Our sixth man  ;)