Author Topic: Celtics (3-0) at Nets (0-3) Round 1 Game 4 4/25/22  (Read 35957 times)

Re: Celtics (3-0) at Nets (0-3) Round 1 Game 4 4/25/22
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2022, 11:00:38 AM »

Online Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
I think the C’s close it out. KD looks defeated, Kyrie doesn’t seem to care. Timelord is back…C’s need to put them out of their misery.
I think they'll fight like hell not to be swept just out of pride.  still give the C's the nod to get it done.

I think pride is a motivating factor, but not wanting to travel back to Boston just to lose is a bigger motivating factor
THIS.  For the Nets, there's motivation to lose.  If you're gonna sulk on the bench while your team is losing, might as well be at home, and sooner than later, rather than have to do it in front of the Boston crowd.

The motivation to win hasn't been there so far....

« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2022, 11:05:34 AM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 468
tonight's officials:
    Scott Foster (#48)    Sean Wright (#4)    Brian Forte (#45)    Derrick Collins (#11) (alternate) 

Scott Foster is known as the league's "fixer" and so the Celtics need to be ready for a bumpy ride in tonight's game.

I cringed when I saw this.  The NBA doesn't benefit from sweeps.  The longer the series the more money they make.  A short playoffs isn't good for the NBA.

Even with Foster though if the C's play the same as they have been they will win.  I really don't see a lot of fight in this team and with Timelord back the C's D just got a whole lot better.  I'm hoping for the sweep but with Foster refing this game the C's will need to have one of those games they haven't had yet where no matter what is thrown at them they just dominate. 

« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2022, 11:25:12 AM »

Offline jpd985

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41
tonight's officials:
    Scott Foster (#48)    Sean Wright (#4)    Brian Forte (#45)    Derrick Collins (#11) (alternate) 

Scott Foster is known as the league's "fixer" and so the Celtics need to be ready for a bumpy ride in tonight's game.

I cringed when I saw this.  The NBA doesn't benefit from sweeps.  The longer the series the more money they make.  A short playoffs isn't good for the NBA.

Even with Foster though if the C's play the same as they have been they will win.  I really don't see a lot of fight in this team and with Timelord back the C's D just got a whole lot better.  I'm hoping for the sweep but with Foster refing this game the C's will need to have one of those games they haven't had yet where no matter what is thrown at them they just dominate.

With Foster, I have a feeling Theis will get in early foul trouble. He may get one during the introductions.

« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2022, 11:26:15 AM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2951
  • On To Banner 18!
tonight's officials:

With Foster, I have a feeling Theis will get in early foul trouble. He may get one during the introductions.

Too late, Theis already in foul trouble about 8 hours before the game. Foster showed up to Theis' home and called 3 quick fouls  :laugh:
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2022, 11:33:03 AM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11842
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
tonight's officials:

Too late, Theis already in foul trouble about 8 hours before the game. Foster showed up to Theis' home and called 3 quick fouls  :laugh:

TP to jpd985 and Phantom255x for giving me a chuckle!  The War on Theis continues LOL. 

« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2022, 11:37:15 AM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11842
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
Normally, I'd agree on Foster. But at 3-0, I think the narrative has already played out in this one. I suppose it's possible BKN wins the next 2 and it becomes a series again, but I think people are ready to move on.

I'm not saying the Cs will definitely win. Actually I think Durant will finally break out because the pressure is 'off'. I just don't know that it will be as egregious as game 7 against LAL - a moment that forever stole a part of my soul.
TP Jambr380.  That game 7 in 2010 forever stole a part of my soul as well.  It still hurts.  I believe that was all about keeping Rasheed Wallace from getting a ring after a career of bashing refs.  I think he knew it too because after the game he was seen beating on the officials locker room door.  I have had a huge distrust of officials since that series. 

« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2022, 11:39:54 AM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1435
I think the C’s close it out. KD looks defeated, Kyrie doesn’t seem to care. Timelord is back…C’s need to put them out of their misery.
I think they'll fight like hell not to be swept just out of pride.  still give the C's the nod to get it done.

I'm hoping the Celts just comw out strong and the Nets wilt quickly.  The crowd turns on them and it all goes to hell.  By mid third quarter it will be a Celtics crowd with only stubborm Nets fans trying to drown out "Let's Go Celtics" chants while Pritchard drains 3 after 3...

Too much to ask?

A sweep by any measure will work too!

Let's go Celts!

I think pride is a motivating factor, but not wanting to travel back to Boston just to lose is a bigger motivating factor

probably for Kyrie.  proper competitive mentality is if they can win tonight, they could win in Boston having been in 2 close games there already.  Still think the C's take it tonight despite whatever the Nets do.

I'm hoping the Celts just comw out strong and the Nets wilt quickly.  The crowd turns on them and it all goes to hell.  By mid third quarter it will be a Celtics crowd with only stubborm Nets fans trying to drown out "Let's Go Celtics" chants while Pritchard drains 3 after 3...

Too much to ask?

A sweep by any measure will work too!

Let's go Celts!

Man, I meesed up the quote boxes and can't figure out how to fix it!

:laugh:   Redz, you just have to add another quote box.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2022, 11:53:35 AM by Goldstar88 »
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2022, 11:44:40 AM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2951
  • On To Banner 18!
tonight's officials:

TP to jpd985 and Phantom255x for giving me a chuckle!  The War on Theis continues LOL.

A TP back at you, glad to hear it lol, that's my specialty  ;)
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2022, 12:19:48 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
I don't think the Cs will be complacent and I expect the Nets to play for pride. Otherwise, I don't care about the Nets' mindset or drama.

Twice we've blown 2nd-half double-digit leads in this series. We can play better and we have to play better.

« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2022, 12:24:56 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3176
I don't think the Cs will be complacent and I expect the Nets to play for pride. Otherwise, I don't care about the Nets' mindset or drama.

Twice we've blown 2nd-half double-digit leads in this series. We can play better and we have to play better.

Up 3-0...

« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2022, 12:31:37 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 985

No we haven't, unless you have a weird definition of blowing a lead.

« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2022, 12:52:05 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501

We were up 13 in the 2nd half in game 1 and were very lucky to win on a buzzer-beater. Saturday, we were up 15 and it got down to two possessions because Smart took it upon himself to keep trying to put in the dagger.

We're up 3-0 against the Nets, but we're not going to be playing teams that are so weak mentally going forward.

« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2022, 01:17:07 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 915
I'm curious to see how Brooklyn's role players play. I don't think they get much credit for it because the team is down 3-0 (due to KD + Kyrie mainly). But also, Bruce Brown has been their best player this whole series, and yet he's asked in practice yesterday questions about Ben Simmons being available Game 4. I kind of wonder if the role players for BKN finally hit that wall and that'd really help the C's even if one of KD/Kyrie goes off.

It'd be nice if Bruce Brown didn't start off games on a big run for BKN lol that puts us in early holes

Blake Griffin, Andre Drummond, Goran Dragic are all free agents too, and while they probably can all get minimum contracts based on reputation, might be looking to prove to the rest of the NBA they can still play/contribute.

I'm ready for the Celtics to sign Dragic and pay him whatever he wants, just so we don't have to play against him.

Mike

« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2022, 01:19:39 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 985

We were up 13 in the 2nd half in game 1 and were very lucky to win on a buzzer-beater. Saturday, we were up 15 and it got down to two possessions because Smart took it upon himself to keep trying to put in the dagger.

We're up 3-0 against the Nets, but we're not going to be playing teams that are so weak mentally going forward.

In Game 3 we never trailed once we took the lead late in the 1st quarter.  Getting it to 5 points with 22 seconds to go isn't blowing a lead.  It's isn't even clinging onto a lead.

« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2022, 01:23:14 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307

I would agree that the Celts can play much better, but this is the NBA. "Everybody makes a run" isn't just a cliche, it's generally what happens in the ebb and flow of an NBA game.