Author Topic: Celtics (3-0) at Nets (0-3) Round 1 Game 4 4/25/22  (Read 36087 times)

Re: Celtics (3-0) at Nets (0-3) Round 1 Game 4 4/25/22
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2022, 08:47:58 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
This game is getting a feel of being anticlimactic.  That is OK with me.  I just don't feel like this Nets team is the type to dig down and play hard to just win out of pride or whatever.  Maybe some of the players, but not enough of them.  I don't think Kyrie in particular and maybe Durant even care if they win this one.  What would it prove for them?

As to Rob Williams, I don't see him being a big factor but it is great that he can get another game in before the next series.  Or if heaven forbid, BKN does win a game or two, at that point, RWill would be able to help us close out BKN.  He probably needs 3 games to be back close to 100%.

I actually feel the opposite.  It's just a gut feeling, but I think this is the game where Durant goes nuclear.  Your thinking makes more sense -- Kyrie and Durant have been known to quit before -- but I think BRK takes one on their home floor.

But, I'd be pretty thrilled with a sweep, something the 2008 team never accomplished.  Heck, that team never closed a series out in fewer than six games, and they're one of the best teams in franchise history.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2022, 08:52:38 AM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307
Stat on ESPN this morning re: Durant and Tatum: KD is shooting 20% from the field this season - including playoffs - when being guarded by Tatum, hasn't made a single 3 pointer, and has committed 14 turnovers. 

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2022, 09:02:30 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2953
  • On To Banner 18!
I'm curious to see how Brooklyn's role players play. I don't think they get much credit for it because the team is down 3-0 (due to KD + Kyrie mainly). But also, Bruce Brown has been their best player this whole series, and yet he's asked in practice yesterday questions about Ben Simmons being available Game 4. I kind of wonder if the role players for BKN finally hit that wall and that'd really help the C's even if one of KD/Kyrie goes off.

It'd be nice if Bruce Brown didn't start off games on a big run for BKN lol that puts us in early holes
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2022, 09:08:33 AM »

Offline JohnBoy65

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 132
It won't help that we have Scott Foster officiating tonight. I expect Scott to call fouls on Tatum, Smart, and Brown off the ball when guarding Durant. It's going to be infuriating. We just have to fight through it!

« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2022, 09:13:34 AM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11844
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
tonight's officials:
    Scott Foster (#48)    Sean Wright (#4)    Brian Forte (#45)    Derrick Collins (#11) (alternate) 

Scott Foster is known as the league's "fixer" and so the Celtics need to be ready for a bumpy ride in tonight's game. 

« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2022, 09:14:30 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
My son and I just copped tickets for tonight's game.  Looking forward to this. 

He will be wearing my Celtics' Kyrie Irving shirt at Barclay's, LOL.

Let's go!!!!!!!!

« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2022, 09:40:50 AM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11844
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
With Scott Foster as the lead ref, it's hard to tell what we will get in this one.  At times he calls games one sided and is a tyrant with the whistle, calling every little thing and at other times he calls it evenly and lets them play.   Tim Donaghy described Foster as a company man who will do what is asked of him to keep his seniority among refs.  Foster was part of the 2010 Finals game 7 officiating crew that called the final quarter completely different than the first 3 quarters and very one sided for the Lakers with 21 free throws for the Lakers and 6 for the Celtics in the final 12 minutes, thereby giving the game to the Lakers.  He was voted the worst referee in the league by the players and coaches in an LA Times article.  I'm guessing that he will do whatever he can to get this series to go longer. 

« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2022, 09:46:46 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I think the C’s close it out. KD looks defeated, Kyrie doesn’t seem to care. Timelord is back…C’s need to put them out of their misery.
I think they'll fight like hell not to be swept just out of pride.  still give the C's the nod to get it done.

I think pride is a motivating factor, but not wanting to travel back to Boston just to lose is a bigger motivating factor
probably for Kyrie.  proper competitive mentality is if they can win tonight, they could win in Boston having been in 2 close games there already.  Still think the C's take it tonight despite whatever the Nets do.

« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2022, 09:56:24 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
With Scott Foster as the lead ref, it's hard to tell what we will get in this one.  At times he calls games one sided and is a tyrant with the whistle, calling every little thing and at other times he calls it evenly and lets them play.   Tim Donaghy described Foster as a company man who will do what is asked of him to keep his seniority among refs.  Foster was part of the 2010 Finals game 7 officiating crew that called the final quarter completely different than the first 3 quarters and very one sided for the Lakers with 21 free throws for the Lakers and 6 for the Celtics in the final 12 minutes, thereby giving the game to the Lakers.  He was voted the worst referee in the league by the players and coaches in an LA Times article.  I'm guessing that he will do whatever he can to get this series to go longer.
there's a reason he's called Scott "the fix is in" Foster

« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2022, 10:06:40 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998

Going to be a heavy-whistle game and being in Brooklyn, expect favorable calls going Brooklyn's way.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2022, 10:20:49 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
I think the C’s close it out. KD looks defeated, Kyrie doesn’t seem to care. Timelord is back…C’s need to put them out of their misery.
I think they'll fight like hell not to be swept just out of pride.  still give the C's the nod to get it done.

I'm hoping the Celts just comw out strong and the Nets wilt quickly.  The crowd turns on them and it all goes to hell.  By mid third quarter it will be a Celtics crowd with only stubborm Nets fans trying to drown out "Let's Go Celtics" chants while Pritchard drains 3 after 3...

Too much to ask?

A sweep by any measure will work too!

Let's go Celts!

I think pride is a motivating factor, but not wanting to travel back to Boston just to lose is a bigger motivating factor

probably for Kyrie.  proper competitive mentality is if they can win tonight, they could win in Boston having been in 2 close games there already.  Still think the C's take it tonight despite whatever the Nets do.

I'm hoping the Celts just comw out strong and the Nets wilt quickly.  The crowd turns on them and it all goes to hell.  By mid third quarter it will be a Celtics crowd with only stubborm Nets fans trying to drown out "Let's Go Celtics" chants while Pritchard drains 3 after 3...

Too much to ask?

Let's go Celts!

Yup

« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2022, 10:22:50 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup

Too much to ask?

Let's go Celts!

Too much to ask?

Let's go Celts!

Man, I meesed up the quote boxes and can't figure out how to fix it!
Yup

« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2022, 10:27:22 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Normally, I'd agree on Foster. But at 3-0, I think the narrative has already played out in this one. I suppose it's possible BKN wins the next 2 and it becomes a series again, but I think people are ready to move on.

I'm not saying the Cs will definitely win. Actually I think Durant will finally break out because the pressure is 'off'. I just don't know that it will be as egregious as game 7 against LAL - a moment that forever stole a part of my soul.

« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2022, 10:32:08 AM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593
I'm curious to see how Brooklyn's role players play. I don't think they get much credit for it because the team is down 3-0 (due to KD + Kyrie mainly). But also, Bruce Brown has been their best player this whole series, and yet he's asked in practice yesterday questions about Ben Simmons being available Game 4. I kind of wonder if the role players for BKN finally hit that wall and that'd really help the C's even if one of KD/Kyrie goes off.

It'd be nice if Bruce Brown didn't start off games on a big run for BKN lol that puts us in early holes

Most of them are playing for their next contract, so they'll probably play hard.

Bruce Brown and Nic Claxton are both going to be free agents and looking for their first big contracts.

Blake Griffin, Andre Drummond, Goran Dragic are all free agents too, and while they probably can all get minimum contracts based on reputation, might be looking to prove to the rest of the NBA they can still play/contribute. 

Patty Mills has a $6m player option and may want to jump ship and/or secure another long term deal (but at 34 next year, I don't know how many teams would give him a multi-year contract or more money, so he probably opts in).

Or maybe they all just are ready to be done with the mess that is Brooklyn. 1-2-3 Cancun!

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2022, 10:45:19 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
With Foster in I'm keep tonight's drinks to water. Likely we go 5 now.