Author Topic: Nets (0-1) at Celtics (1-0) Round 1 Game 2 4/20/22  (Read 40868 times)

Re: Nets (0-1) at Celtics (1-0) Round 1 Game 2 4/20/22
« Reply #1140 on: April 21, 2022, 01:42:27 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 743
I think that might've been the worst officiated game I've ever watched. What the refs are letting certain players do off the ball is going to get someone hurt. I'm not just complaining as a Celtic fan. I'm sure there are Nets fans that are very upset about what some Celtics are being allowed to do to Durant off the ball.

If you watch the video I posted above and go to the 7:02 mark, check out what Kyrie does to Tatum and what Tatum has to do to get Kyrie off of him. That's not basketball.

Meanwhile, if Theis passed gas in KD's direction last night, KD was going to the FT line.

And there was this stretch in the 3rd where suddenly all of the physicality that had been fine for 6 quarters of this series was getting called. All to be abandoned in the 4th again. So frustrating.

[/rant]
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #1141 on: April 21, 2022, 02:20:25 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
Just watched the game on league pass. Wow, Brooklyn’s defense has been really good in containing Tatum. Like I’ve been legit impressed by it. Of course, goes without saying that Boston’s defense has been terrific and BKN made a lot of tough, improbable, friendly bounce shots.

Also, Al Horford has been playing like an all star these past 2 games. And JB played great defense all throughout but he needs to focus on offense sooner. He played a stellar 2nd half with some breathtaking drives but he isn’t getting guarded out there except when he catches the ball. Nets are really playing him physical off the bounce but if we can get more off ball action out of him, I guarantee that will shred the Nets defense.

Let’s get the next win C’s!!!

Tatum and Brown for the most part were meh yesterday and combined for 41 points. And they still won by 7 and led by 12 late. That bodes well for the C's. Their other starters and role players are stepping up, and so far we haven't seen Jaylen or Tatum go off yet either. I still think at some point this series we'll see Tatum put up 40+ or something

I think the extra day off between games benefits BKN, because that team is somewhat old and slow. I'd like to think as this series drags the Nets begin to get outhustled and the younger C's will just feast. The C's in transition are night and day better than the Nets

Outside of turnovers, I thought Tatum played pretty well. The nets are collapsing on him and crowding him hard. He’s making the right plays and it’s no coincidence his assist numbers are crazy good. I do hope you’re right though that Tatum goes off, hopefully in a winning effort.
- LilRip

« Reply #1142 on: April 21, 2022, 10:25:51 PM »

Kiorrik

I think that might've been the worst officiated game I've ever watched. What the refs are letting certain players do off the ball is going to get someone hurt. I'm not just complaining as a Celtic fan. I'm sure there are Nets fans that are very upset about what some Celtics are being allowed to do to Durant off the ball.

If you watch the video I posted above and go to the 7:02 mark, check out what Kyrie does to Tatum and what Tatum has to do to get Kyrie off of him. That's not basketball.

Meanwhile, if Theis passed gas in KD's direction last night, KD was going to the FT line.

And there was this stretch in the 3rd where suddenly all of the physicality that had been fine for 6 quarters of this series was getting called. All to be abandoned in the 4th again. So frustrating.

[/rant]

100% with ya

League is rigged

Softening teams up who they want to have lose in later rounds

Same with Griz/Wolfs