Author Topic: Rumor: Hornets forward Gordon Hayward wants change of scenery  (Read 15777 times)

Re: Rumor: Hornets forward Gordon Hayward wants change of scenery
« Reply #75 on: April 16, 2022, 10:08:03 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
It's hilarious to me there are actually people here who still want guys like Hayward or even Kyrie back on this team. One guy rarely shows up to begin with, and the other, do I even need to elaborate?
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #76 on: April 16, 2022, 10:21:29 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
It's hilarious to me there are actually people here who still want guys like Hayward or even Kyrie back on this team. One guy rarely shows up to begin with, and the other, do I even need to elaborate?

I’d love Hayward back here.  Just not at $30 million. 

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #77 on: April 16, 2022, 10:23:59 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!

Well yeah, but you have to factor the 30M in  :P

I don't mean to put Hayward in the same category as Kyrie, but the frustrating part is Hayward just never seems to be available for the games that really count. It's not his fault entirely of course, but it's something you have to factor. Something always seems to happen.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #78 on: April 16, 2022, 10:28:19 AM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986
Wouldn't be against trading Horford's partially guaranteed expiring contract for Hayward's 2-year contract. Straight up deal, no picks involved.

Horford’s deal isn’t partially guaranteed.
https://www.spotrac.com/nba/boston-celtics/al-horford-2199/

2022 $14.5 million guaranted, $19.5 million guaranteed if PHI makes Finals in 2020, 2021 or 2022, fully if PHI wins Finals (@BobbyMarks, @JeffSiegel)

Right, what I said.
It's the opposite of what you said, but feel free to believe it isn't partially guaranteed.
I think he's saying we're going to win the title, so it won't be

Correct!
🏆🏆☘️☘️

« Reply #79 on: April 16, 2022, 11:02:57 AM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737

I don't mean to put Hayward in the same category as Kyrie, but the frustrating part is Hayward just never seems to be available for the games that really count. It's not his fault entirely of course, but it's something you have to factor. Something always seems to happen.
Horford is paid 27M this season and 26.5M next season. It's not like he's on a bargain contract either. They are both overpaid, but Hayward plays a more valuable position in the modern game, which also happens to be a position of need for us. Our only reliable (s)wings are the Jays and Grant, whereas we have decent depth at Center with Timelord and Theis.

Anyway, we are a few hours away from game 1 with the Nets. Perhaps we revisit this during the offseason. If Hayward becomes available, it's possible that Brad wants to bring him back.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2022, 11:15:14 AM by Jvalin »

« Reply #80 on: April 16, 2022, 11:24:35 AM »

Online kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2485

Horford is paid 27M this season and 26.5M next season. It's not like he's on a bargain contract either. They are both overpaid, but Hayward plays a more valuable position in the modern game, which also happens to be a position of need for us. Our only reliable (s)wings are the Jays and Grant, whereas we have decent depth at Center with Timelord and Theis.

Anyway, we are a few hours away from game 1 with the Nets. Perhaps we revisit this during the offseason. If Hayward becomes available, it's possible that Brad wants to bring him back.

Hayward doesn't want to be here. This is the third time he's trying to abandon an up-and-coming team. He's making $30M a year, barely plays, and has the gall to complain about his role on a club that is finally making strides to compete?

Say what?!?

He is a selfish person - and not very self-aware either - and I want him nowhere near this organization. Trading for him now would send a terrible message to young players who have finally figured out the pecking order. The last thing we need is to backslide to the dysfunction of the last few years.

« Reply #81 on: April 16, 2022, 11:50:34 AM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986

Hayward doesn't want to be here. This is the third time he's trying to abandon an up-and-coming team. He's making $30M a year, barely plays, and has the gall to complain about his role on a club that is finally making strides to compete?

Say what?!?

He is a selfish person - and not very self-aware either - and I want him nowhere near this organization. Trading for him now would send a terrible message to young players who have finally figured out the pecking order. The last thing we need is to backslide to the dysfunction of the last few years.

Yeah, it’s not really clear what Hayward wants in life, but he seems to be perpetually unhappy with his situation.

« Reply #82 on: April 16, 2022, 11:56:05 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Hayward can play, but his association with our organization was snakebit at best and truly a Jonah- jinx at worst.

He and Cryie ( through no fault of their own on that particular play) in their tenure here set this organization back 5 years.

Pass on Play-Station Gordo.

« Reply #83 on: May 17, 2022, 01:09:52 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
Now why does this player review sound familiar  ;D  :(  :angel:

Reflecting on Gordon Hayward’s season with the Charlotte Hornets is challenging. It produces the same feeling as waiting in line for ice cream, getting to the front, and finding out they only have pistachio left. It’s not awful, you’ll still take it, but it’s also not what you signed up for. And in all honesty, that analogy can be used to describe Hayward’s entire time in Charlotte.

Hayward only appeared in 49 games this season. He averaged 15.9 points, 4.6 rebounds, and 3.6 assists while shooting 45.9% from the field and 39.1% from three-point range. His 31.9 minutes a night ranked fourth on the team, and those are pretty solid numbers for a fourth option. The only issue is that Hayward isn’t being paid like a fourth option. He’s being paid to be the star of the show.

It’s unfortunate that any conversation surrounding Hayward will always circle back to money, but it’s hard not to mention when a guy is making close to $30 million. Hayward’s contract becomes an even tougher pill to swallow when considering that he’s one of only three players to receive multiple $30+ million contracts. The other two? LeBron James and Kevin Durant.

When healthy, Hayward is the perfect wing to put on any contending team. He can space the floor, he still has a few drops of athleticism left, he’s an amazing secondary playmaker, and his defense is still passable. The issue is, Hayward just can’t stay on the court.

Since joining the Hornets, Hayward has appeared in roughly 60% of Charlotte’s games. To put that into perspective, 40% of Hayward’s $30 million is $12 million. That’s $12 million of dead cap space. It’s not necessarily Hayward’s fault, but his lack of availability has been a killer.

And while Hayward fits in nicely with this Hornets roster, it hasn’t translated to results. With Hayward in the lineup, Charlotte went 26-23 this season, and without him, they went 17-16. They were only marginally better with Hayward in the lineup, and that just isn’t good enough for his price tag.

If Hayward had played the entire season, this conversation might have been about how he makes the team better around the edges. How his skilled playmaking and veteran presence elevates this team to another level. But with his inability to stay on the court, that’s just not the case.

Reports have surfaced that, with Miles Bridges’ incoming extension, the Hornets could look to trade Hayward this offseason. That’s unsurprising, considering how disappointing his tenure in Charlotte has been.

Season reviews should be about how a player grew, took a step back, what they learned, or how much their role changed. The conversation surrounding Hayward just can’t be about that. If Hayward’s 2021-22 season had to receive a grade, it would earn an incomplete. And at this point, that just won’t cut it.

https://www.atthehive.com/2022/5/14/23072247/2021-22-charlotte-hornets-season-review-gordon-hayward

Poor Gordy. The guy's cursed...everywhere he goes now to be The Man (or The Beta at least) he gets injured and younger players surpass him. What could have been.

Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #84 on: May 17, 2022, 04:14:20 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Gordon broken leg ended his status of a great player..he is not nor never be the same player as he was in Utah..he is a role player now
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #85 on: May 17, 2022, 06:02:21 AM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
Poor Gordie. Everywhere he goes to try to be The Man, people surpass him because he gets injured. Apparently he injured himself yet again.

Rumor: Hornets forward Gordon Hayward wants change of scenery
By Dan Feldman
Apr 14, 2022, 4:33 PM EDT

Gordon Hayward chose the Hornets as a 2020 free agent because they offered him $120 million, of course. But the Celtics and Pacers reportedly offered big contracts, too.

A key differentiator for Charlotte: Hayward getting the opportunity to be the go-to player and maximize his on-court contributions.

But LaMelo Ball has rapidly developed into stardom. Miles Bridges expanded his offensive game this season. Even Terry Rozier has taken strides in a larger role.

So, where does that leave Hayward?

Jake Fischer of Bleacher Report:

Word has circulated amongst rival front offices that the 32-year-old swingman would be interested in a change of scenery this offseason, although a source close to Hayward told B/R he’s primarily focused on recovering from his injured foot.

Hayward’s latest injury puts yet another dent into his value. Due $30,075,000 and $31,500,000 the next two years, he already carried the baggage of his big contract. Those high salaries will make a trade unviable, or at least difficult, with some teams.

Still, Hayward could help teams when healthy. He’s a skilled wing who can dribble, shoot and pass. An offseason trade is certainly possible. His name came up in Russell Westbrook rumors with the Lakers.

Obviously, Charlotte will determine whether Hayward gets traded. But – with an endless range of pressure he could apply – Hayward could make a deal more likely by pushing.

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2022/04/14/rumor-hornets-forward-gordon-hayward-wants-change-of-scenery/

Wonder if this news will bring IDreamCeltics back to the site  :police:

This is so dumb. Sure maybe he’d like a change of scenery. Hornets probably would like to work that too. That there’s an implication he waved to be THE MAN is so disingenuous after more injuries. Dishonest reporting I’m sure.

« Reply #86 on: May 17, 2022, 07:00:43 AM »

Offline Yuckabuck33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 171
I always assumed this was Klutch trying to entice the Hornets to trade Hayward for Russell Westbrook and fix Lebron's "mistake." No way Hayward is this dumb.

« Reply #87 on: May 17, 2022, 07:24:27 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Hayward can play, but his association with our organization was snakebit at best and truly a Jonah- jinx at worst.

He and Cryie ( through no fault of their own on that particular play) in their tenure here set this organization back 5 years.

Pass on Play-Station Gordo.

Yeah I might be done with him , his self worth ego and all get on my nerves. He is never gonna be healthy enough to play big minute s and start anymore .  His body isn’t going to allow him to satisfy his mind.  Gordon , go to LA and get booed out of town when you sit on the bench hurt 50% of the games.

« Reply #88 on: May 17, 2022, 07:44:02 AM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
  The hate towards Hayward is a perfect example of the worst of Boston fans. So many blamed this guy for continuously getting injured. Dummies. These people should be asked , “ how would you like it if it kept happening to you?” Pathetic behavior. Bunch of losers giving real Celtic fans a bad name. I’m a Celtic fanatic and I hate any association with gross people like this.
   I was as frustrated as much as the next guy but the blame game is simply extremely nasty behavior from people that are probably pretty shameless in other walks of life, as well.

« Reply #89 on: May 17, 2022, 08:17:20 AM »

Offline bogg

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 51
  The hate towards Hayward is a perfect example of the worst of Boston fans. So many blamed this guy for continuously getting injured. Dummies. These people should be asked , “ how would you like it if it kept happening to you?” Pathetic behavior. Bunch of losers giving real Celtic fans a bad name. I’m a Celtic fanatic and I hate any association with gross people like this.
   I was as frustrated as much as the next guy but the blame game is simply extremely nasty behavior from people that are probably pretty shameless in other walks of life, as well.

Nothing will ever top a certain subset of the fan base celebrating IT having to take vet minimum deals because he said he wanted his first big contract after putting up an All-NBA season but cooked his hip in the process.

I don't think it was a coincidence that the team turned over the entire medical and training staff the summer after Isaiah spent the last third of the season playing on an injury that maybe-sorta wasn't diagnosed properly (and he was never the same after). But, you know, Brinks Truck.....