Author Topic: Rumor: Hornets forward Gordon Hayward wants change of scenery  (Read 15758 times)

Re: Rumor: Hornets forward Gordon Hayward wants change of scenery
« Reply #60 on: April 16, 2022, 01:58:28 AM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
Wouldn't be against trading Horford's partially guaranteed expiring contract for Hayward's 2-year contract. Straight up deal, no picks involved.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2022, 02:03:35 AM by Jvalin »

« Reply #61 on: April 16, 2022, 02:52:55 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Wouldn't be against trading Horford's partially guaranteed expiring contract for Hayward's 2-year contract. Straight up deal, no picks involved.
It's not the worst thought I have seen in this thread. But would Gordo be happy back in Boston? Al definitely was but I bet Hayward wasn't the best locker room fit and it's why he left. So, hence, he might not be a happy camper coming back to Boston.

Yeah, also, it's not the best idea either.

« Reply #62 on: April 16, 2022, 03:31:30 AM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
It's not the worst thought I have seen in this thread. But would Gordo be happy back in Boston? Al definitely was but I bet Hayward wasn't the best locker room fit and it's why he left. So, hence, he might not be a happy camper coming back to Boston.

- I bet Hayward would rather be the 3rd option for a contending team in Boston rather than the 3rd option for a lotto team in Charlotte.
- Fwiw, I remember reading an article about one of Hayward's daughters missing Boston and wanting to come back.
- I have my reservations as well, mainly associated with Hayward's injury history. All I said is I wouldn't be against the trade, not that ''it's the best idea'' or something. All trades involve risk. If it were a no-brainer for us, why would the other team pull the trigger?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2022, 03:44:47 AM by Jvalin »

« Reply #63 on: April 16, 2022, 04:38:17 AM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986

Horford’s deal isn’t partially guaranteed.

« Reply #64 on: April 16, 2022, 05:15:55 AM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/boston-celtics/al-horford-2199/

2022 $14.5 million guaranted, $19.5 million guaranteed if PHI makes Finals in 2020, 2021 or 2022, fully if PHI wins Finals (@BobbyMarks, @JeffSiegel)

« Reply #65 on: April 16, 2022, 05:26:05 AM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald

2022 $14.5 million guaranted, $19.5 million guaranteed if PHI makes Finals in 2020, 2021 or 2022, fully if PHI wins Finals (@BobbyMarks, @JeffSiegel)

Right, what I said.

« Reply #66 on: April 16, 2022, 05:29:17 AM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1237
I wouldn’t trade Al for Gordon. Al has been the perfect glue guy for this team and is a key piece of the Celtics’ defense. He’s also been the perfect mentor for Rob.

« Reply #67 on: April 16, 2022, 05:37:23 AM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen

2022 $14.5 million guaranted, $19.5 million guaranteed if PHI makes Finals in 2020, 2021 or 2022, fully if PHI wins Finals (@BobbyMarks, @JeffSiegel)

Right, what I said.
It's the opposite of what you said, but feel free to believe it isn't partially guaranteed.

« Reply #68 on: April 16, 2022, 05:53:52 AM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald

Right, what I said.
It's the opposite of what you said, but feel free to believe it isn't partially guaranteed.

You’re missing something.  I’ll let you figure out what it is.

« Reply #69 on: April 16, 2022, 07:25:09 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

- I bet Hayward would rather be the 3rd option for a contending team in Boston rather than the 3rd option for a lotto team in Charlotte.
- Fwiw, I remember reading an article about one of Hayward's daughters missing Boston and wanting to come back.
- I have my reservations as well, mainly associated with Hayward's injury history. All I said is I wouldn't be against the trade, not that ''it's the best idea'' or something. All trades involve risk. If it were a no-brainer for us, why would the other team pull the trigger?
My comment about fit is more about how he gets along with others. I remember this interview and photo shoot The Jays, Smart and Hayward did his last year. It was so obvious he was very different than the other guys and a 4th cog in a three cog machine. I am not saying there were issues, just maybe a comfortability factor.

Regarding worst/best idea, what I said agrees with your opinion. I wasn't trying to denigrate the idea. It has some merit. I have my doubts like you about injury. I just think Gordo might have a personality fit issue as well that may cause it to not be a good idea.

It's just something we aren't likely to ever find out about.

« Reply #70 on: April 16, 2022, 07:59:01 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
I wouldn’t trade Al for Gordon. Al has been the perfect glue guy for this team and is a key piece of the Celtics’ defense. He’s also been the perfect mentor for Rob.
THIS.

« Reply #71 on: April 16, 2022, 08:55:40 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Right, what I said.
I think he's saying we're going to win the title, so it won't be
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #72 on: April 16, 2022, 09:20:01 AM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1435

You do realize that Gordon is never on the court right? Also, Al does so many more things for this team and he’s a legit 4/5. Hayward is a 3. That would leave a massive void that Grant Williams is not filling.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #73 on: April 16, 2022, 09:45:11 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969

Agree , I was going to say I wouldn’t trade ,  white, Pritchard ,  or Grant for Hayward  the ……delusional glass diva .”   He can fly to the moon and take Kyrie with him

« Reply #74 on: April 16, 2022, 10:05:27 AM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen

You do realize that Gordon is never on the court right? Also, Al does so many more things for this team and he’s a legit 4/5. Hayward is a 3. That would leave a massive void that Grant Williams is not filling.
Horford will be almost 37 years old by next season's playoffs, plus he's massively overpaid. Yes, I'd be willing to trade him for Hayward. Feel free not to like the idea, but it seems like fair value for both teams.

That would leave a massive void
No void at all. The way I see it, Tatum is at his best when playing at the 4. Traditional PFs aren't mobile enough to stay in front of him on the perimeter. This is a massive advantage in favour of Tatum, especially since he can put the ball on the floor and create his own shot. At the same time, the C's run a switch-heavy defensive scheme. Tatum is a lot more switchable than Horford. He's also a terrific rebounder. I would argue he's the epitome of a small ball 4 in the pace-and-space era.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2022, 10:14:00 AM by Jvalin »