Author Topic: Anthony Davis  (Read 8893 times)

Re: Anthony Davis
« Reply #60 on: November 30, 2022, 03:39:44 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2501
The expression ‘leave well enough alone’ doesn’t really apply.  Needs  an upgrade. Maybe something like ‘leave working brilliantly alone’. 

17-4 without their dynamic starting center.  Can change make them better?   Doubtful.

« Reply #61 on: November 30, 2022, 03:46:46 PM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
The expression ‘leave well enough alone’ doesn’t really apply.  Needs  an upgrade. Maybe something like ‘leave working brilliantly alone’. 

17-4 without their dynamic starting center.  Can change make them better?   Doubtful.

Then again, Boston is 1-4 against Cleveland and Chicago.

« Reply #62 on: November 30, 2022, 03:48:59 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 858
26 points per game on only 17 FGA.  Getting to the line 7.6 times per game.  13.6 rebounds.  Good defense. 

Hard to imagine a team where he was the 3rd option.  He is only 29. 

Just don't see it happening.  If they really wanted to trade him, they probably could get Kyrie and more from the Nets, for example.

« Reply #63 on: November 30, 2022, 04:31:44 PM »

Offline jambr380

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1755
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
If you can do White, TL, and say Gallinari, then you do it and don't look back. I wouldn't do 3 1sts, but would probably do 2. I try to hold on to Grant if possible.

Obviously TL and White are big parts of our team, but AD would obviously fill TL's role and Pritchard would just need to step up and play more minutes. You'd also have a couple of empty roster spots to look for another Guard.

I realize the Lakers probably want more, but that is a decent haul for them. They aren't exactly going to win the Wemby sweepstakes so it is best for them to rebuild on the fly with proven young players on long contracts. And they even get a couple of picks out of it.

« Reply #64 on: November 30, 2022, 04:44:09 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1408

Voice of reason, Tp. If you can guarantee that AD will be healthy for the season and playoffs, then sure. Unfortunately, that’s not possible. Reality is, AD misses time every year, which makes him unreliable. You can’t have that with a max player. I choose depth and not tinkering with a roster that has the best record in Basketball.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #65 on: November 30, 2022, 04:54:49 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
If you can do White, TL, and say Gallinari, then you do it and don't look back. I wouldn't do 3 1sts, but would probably do 2. I try to hold on to Grant if possible.

Obviously TL and White are big parts of our team, but AD would obviously fill TL's role and Pritchard would just need to step up and play more minutes. You'd also have a couple of empty roster spots to look for another Guard.

I realize the Lakers probably want more, but that is a decent haul for them. They aren't exactly going to win the Wemby sweepstakes so it is best for them to rebuild on the fly with proven young players on long contracts. And they even get a couple of picks out of it.

Reminder the lakers owe pick swap to pelicans so can’t enter wemby sweepstakes under any circumstance (short of trading ad to a team for their first that wins the lottery)

« Reply #66 on: November 30, 2022, 05:02:39 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823

Reminder the lakers owe pick swap to pelicans so can’t enter wemby sweepstakes under any circumstance (short of trading ad to a team for their first that wins the lottery)

Trade AD back to the Pellies for the pick swap and anything else they can grab  ;) Laissez les bon temps rouler!

« Reply #67 on: November 30, 2022, 06:24:51 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
I d send them Pritchard, Kornet and couple second rounds .

He d play 5 games , then his back would hurt and he d sit for 5-10 games …..and so it would go ……all season.

« Reply #68 on: November 30, 2022, 09:17:36 PM »

Offline MarcusSmartFanClub

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 59
I don’t like how many games he misses. Not the kind of core piece that I would want. We don’t have the trade assets either.