Author Topic: Julius Randle  (Read 3499 times)

Julius Randle
« on: March 30, 2022, 11:18:56 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/266322/Sources-Believe-Julius-Randles-Behavior-Indicates-Hed-Like-Trade-From-Knicks

Randle's situation will be really interesting to watch play out. Aside from OKC or Houston buying low on him in the off-season its hard to think on a team who will want to trade for him given his salary and questionable fit on most teams.

Maybe the Pacers look to move Hield for Randle?
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

Re: Julius Randle
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2022, 11:42:32 AM »

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 264
  • International Superstar
I guess the question is, why would you want to? He's clearly not in Harden's league as a player, and if he's willing to do this in year one of his deal how likely is it that things will get better over the course of the contract?
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2022, 11:43:55 AM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/266322/Sources-Believe-Julius-Randles-Behavior-Indicates-Hed-Like-Trade-From-Knicks

Randle's situation will be really interesting to watch play out. Aside from OKC or Houston buying low on him in the off-season its hard to think on a team who will want to trade for him given his salary and questionable fit on most teams.

Heat would give them Bum In trade I bet or old grumpy Butler

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2022, 11:56:22 AM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 985
I guess the question is, why would you want to? He's clearly not in Harden's league as a player, and if he's willing to do this in year one of his deal how likely is it that things will get better over the course of the contract?

Your concerns are not unfounded.  There's a reason he was starting to look like a journeyman before exploding into an All-Star in season 7.  On the other hand, he also wouldn't be the first player that has eventually gotten tired of Thibs, and it's not like the Knicks have any kind of recent track record of being a functional organization.  It's certainly a bad fit for a player with what is probably at best an up-and-down motor.

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2022, 09:38:45 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
just trade him, kemba, and noel to the lakers for westbrook. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2022, 09:58:25 PM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

Which bum

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2022, 11:08:23 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544

Which bum
pretty sure he meant Bam, which would never happen.  Neither would Butler.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2022, 12:03:37 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2156

Which bum

I wouldn't be shocked to see Butler moved this offseason, it would just take more than Randle.
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2022, 01:33:54 AM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

Which bum

I know  ;D

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2022, 02:21:46 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393
just trade him, kemba, and noel to the lakers for westbrook.

Doesn’t this make both teams worse? I don’t think the Knicks want Westbrook around barrett, toppin, Quickley etc.

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2022, 04:08:01 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2156
If I'm the Knicks I'm trading Randle, Fournier, and Rose to the Lakers for Westbrook and a top 10 protected 1st rounder, (John) Walling Westbrook and handing the keys over to RJ Barrett and the youth movement.

Who says no?

The Lakers get out of Westbrook and seriously upgrade their roster that has limited flexibility otherwise, the Knicks clear the deck for the youth and get a crack at adding two max players with space leftover next offseason, perhaps after a moderately successful campaign with a solid young core.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2022, 04:14:11 AM by JSD »
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2022, 07:09:49 AM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
If I'm the Knicks I'm trading Randle, Fournier, and Rose to the Lakers for Westbrook and a top 10 protected 1st rounder, (John) Walling Westbrook and handing the keys over to RJ Barrett and the youth movement.

Who says no?

The Lakers get out of Westbrook and seriously upgrade their roster that has limited flexibility otherwise, the Knicks clear the deck for the youth and get a crack at adding two max players with space leftover next offseason, perhaps after a moderately successful campaign with a solid young core.

If the Knicks do this they’ll have to wait a few years to get that Lakers pick. Lakers gave up a ton of their future to get AD. The pick protections are complicated so I’m not sure what they could structure, but I think the earliest possibility is a 2025/26pick swap, depending on when the Pels take a Lakers pick, and if the Knicks are going to get a pick outright I think it would have to be 2027.

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2022, 08:35:12 AM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 867
Randle is a pretty good player on a not so unreasonable contract.  This was not a great for season Randle, he got his 20/10 but he was not efficient at all.  The team was bad though.

You would think the Knicks are having some buyers remorse over both Randle (about $30M going forward) and Fournier (about $18M going forward).  I don't think the Lakers would want Randle though, he plays the same position as Davis.  Randle and Fournier for Westbrook is interesting though.

The Celtics could offer Horford and picks for Randle.  This opens things up more for the Knicks but someone could probably beat that.  I would do this trade though.  I don't see Randle as the perfect PF for the Celtics but he is good enough to make us a really good team in my opinion.  He is probably best suited for a #3 anyway, he may not see it that way though.

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2022, 08:47:44 AM »

Offline letsgoblue86

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 279
Seems like a head case. Also a bad contract. Someone might take a chance though.

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2022, 09:10:25 AM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 867
Seems like a head case. Also a bad contract. Someone might take a chance though.

Is Randle a "head case"?  I don't get that impression.  Not sure what he has done to earn that tag.

And the contract, $30M for an all star PF?  Second team all NBA last season.  He reverted some this season but still will be 20/10.  It all depends on how he plays going forward but I think you can expect all star level play or fringe all star level play out of him for the balance of his contract (he is 27 years old).

The question to me is what sort of role is he looking for going forward (assuming it is true that he wants out of NYK).  Does he want to go somewhere to be the man or does he want to win in a lesser role.  If the latter, he would be a great fit with Tatum and Brown.  He wouldn't get 17 shots per game like he has been with the Knicks but if he would happy with that, I would be all for bringing him in.