Author Topic: 2022 Celtics draft pick.  (Read 8671 times)

Re: 2022 Celtics draft pick.
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2022, 08:30:19 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
Another draft & stash player from overseas.. u can bet on it
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2022, 08:50:44 AM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3174
Sleeper pick. Not sure he is coming out. But I met the kid last year and saw him play an amazing game in person.

Jalen Williams - Santa Clara

Good size for a 2 guard at 6'6". Very good shot mechanics resulting in 52/40/80 shooting splits. Not the most athletic but not unathletic, decent rebounder and good playmaker. Shows great effort but defense still needs work.

I like him for a second-round shot. He has kinda that old man game.

« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2022, 08:50:58 AM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

Who do you think?

« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2022, 11:39:10 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Yea....our future 2 way guy that will be spending all his time in Maine.
don't you mean "the next asset to be included in an overpay in Brad's next trade"?

I wonder, what type of trade would it be where the 50th pick in the draft is an overpay?

Jokic was 41st pick.

« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2022, 02:39:19 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
don't you mean "the next asset to be included in an overpay in Brad's next trade"?

I wonder, what type of trade would it be where the 50th pick in the draft is an overpay?
by itself, none likely but I'm referring to it being another asset thrown into a trade that didn't need to be included. 
See acquisition of: White, Derrick.   

« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2022, 03:03:24 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

by itself, none likely but I'm referring to it being another asset thrown into a trade that didn't need to be included. 

My guess is that Brad got close to SA’s bottom line.  I don’t think he necessarily added in more assets than it took.

In other words, Brad’s choices were 1.  Pay the price; or 2. Pass on the trade.

He chose #1.  Choosing #2 repeatedly was what led some fans to question Danny Ainge.

I would have walked and revisited this in the summer.  But, Brad would rather overpay than miss out on a guy he covets, and I get that too.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2022, 07:46:08 AM »

Online Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

My guess is that Brad got close to SA’s bottom line.  I don’t think he necessarily added in more assets than it took.

In other words, Brad’s choices were 1.  Pay the price; or 2. Pass on the trade.

He chose #1.  Choosing #2 repeatedly was what led some fans to question Danny Ainge.

I would have walked and revisited this in the summer.  But, Brad would rather overpay than miss out on a guy he covets, and I get that too.
Yeah Brad has certainly been more decisive than Danny on trades. I have no problem with that. 

« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2022, 10:11:31 AM »

Online CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
If you put any value in tankathons mock they have a few guys in the  late 2nd who I would be happy to see on the Celtics next season.

https://www.tankathon.com/mock_draft

Tshibewe

Jabari Walker

Jordan Hall

Julian Champagnie

Iverson Molinar

Mike Foster

Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2022, 10:46:24 AM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

Given that we have a ton of open roster spots right now, I doubt it. Draft-and-stashes made sense when we had a ton of young guys on long term contracts at the end of the roster, but that isn't really the case anymore
I'm bitter.

« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2022, 11:55:51 AM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 985

Given that we have a ton of open roster spots right now, I doubt it. Draft-and-stashes made sense when we had a ton of young guys on long term contracts at the end of the roster, but that isn't really the case anymore

It could be a draft and stash, but only we if bring over the players we’ve already stashed.  Each second round pick on a rookie minimum will save owners $1.5 million in luxury tax relative to another player on a minimum salary, so I expect there will be 1-2 such players on the roster, be it this year’s pick, Begarin, or Madar.

« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2022, 02:41:23 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

It could be a draft and stash, but only we if bring over the players we’ve already stashed.  Each second round pick on a rookie minimum will save owners $1.5 million in luxury tax relative to another player on a minimum salary, so I expect there will be 1-2 such players on the roster, be it this year’s pick, Begarin, or Madar.

Doug Edert would be a good pick with a stash...

;D

« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2022, 02:54:34 PM »

Offline wikkid1

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 3
Moussa Diabate!

https://youtu.be/4grvLslWMBc

Switchable defensive big who can shoot from 3.  Not a good passer yet, and is pretty inconsistent both from game-to-game and within games, but he’s got an immense ceiling and most mocks have him in the 50s.  He’s likely to come out as a freshman despite his draft projection due to family financial needs.

Looks pretty good in those clips but he’ll have to knock off the showboating after a nice play or half his paycheck will be paying for getting T’ed up.

« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2022, 03:00:54 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Gabriele Procida would be an interesting prospect with that late second round pick. NBA athlete needs to improve in lots of areas but he's only 19.

https://www.nbadraftjunkies.com/gabriele-procida

« Reply #43 on: April 12, 2022, 12:15:44 AM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
Jaylin Williams (arkansas) solid back up big

Gabe Brown --something seems right about him

Matteo Spagnolo-- super young...future back up PG with size (probably a non need...brad would really have to love him)

David Roddy--will annoy the other team and hit shots...good GWill back up/insurance.

« Reply #44 on: April 12, 2022, 09:38:35 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 867

I agree that we already have stashed 2 players so probably not going to stash any more just for the sake of stashing.  I hope that at least Begarin is ready to be brought over and make the team.  He would kind of replace our lost first round pick.  Then I would see them going for a more ready second round pick who would hope to make the team over a very young prospect.  I could be convinced of either if the young prospect has enough potential but I see us taking more of a 4 year senior who is ready to sit on the bench in the NBA.  I have no idea what particular player that may be.