Author Topic: 2022 Draft  (Read 35621 times)

Re: 2022 Draft
« Reply #165 on: June 20, 2022, 02:29:45 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 911
I have a dilemma. The draft just happens to fall on my 20th wedding anniversary. I know that the Celtics only have a second-rounder this year and that it's probably a draft-and-stash, so there likely won't be anything good to see. It would also tick off my wife a little if I arranged our anniversary plans around the draft. I can see where she's coming from.

So the question is, should I use the microwave popcorn or the good, pop-from-scratch stuff, for while I watch the draft? I feel like this is an occasion that deserves the good stuff, but cleaning up the popcorn maker and what-not could take valuable time away from watching and chatting online about the draft.

Mike

« Reply #166 on: June 20, 2022, 02:51:36 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I have a dilemma. The draft just happens to fall on my 20th wedding anniversary. I know that the Celtics only have a second-rounder this year and that it's probably a draft-and-stash, so there likely won't be anything good to see. It would also tick off my wife a little if I arranged our anniversary plans around the draft. I can see where she's coming from.

So the question is, should I use the microwave popcorn or the good, pop-from-scratch stuff, for while I watch the draft? I feel like this is an occasion that deserves the good stuff, but cleaning up the popcorn maker and what-not could take valuable time away from watching and chatting online about the draft.

Mike
Happy wife. Happy life

Record the draft. Shut off your phone. Do an anniversary night out with your better half. Come home. Pop the good from scratch popcorn. Stay up late watching the draft fast forwarding through commercials and picks if they are uninteresting. That should cut down on watching time by hours.

You lose some sleep but get the best of both worlds.

« Reply #167 on: June 20, 2022, 02:54:49 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
There's a draft coming?  Oh right, we don't have a 1st because we overpaid for White.  #facepalm
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #168 on: June 20, 2022, 06:02:43 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 911

Mike
Happy wife. Happy life

Record the draft. Shut off your phone. Do an anniversary night out with your better half. Come home. Pop the good from scratch popcorn. Stay up late watching the draft fast forwarding through commercials and picks if they are uninteresting. That should cut down on watching time by hours.

You lose some sleep but get the best of both worlds.

Yeah, I think that was the outcome all along. ;)

Mike

« Reply #169 on: June 20, 2022, 06:37:52 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175
Anyone else besides these guys?:

Boston Celtics

The known list of players to have worked out with the Celtics:

Teddy Allen, New Mexico State

Gabe Brown, Michigan State

Julian Champagnie, St. John’s

Keon Ellis, Alabama

Michael Foster, NBA G League Ignite

Peter Kiss, Rutgers

Kevin McCullar, Kansas

Jared Rhoden, Seton Hall

Trevion Williams, Purdue

Kai Sotto: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WQqoi9SEVo

« Reply #170 on: June 20, 2022, 06:46:31 PM »

Online radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1237

Boston Celtics

Keon Ellis, Alabama

Peter Kiss, Rutgers

Kevin McCullar, Kansas

Jared Rhoden, Seton Hall

Trevion Williams, Purdue

Is Sotto confirmed though? There’s been a lot of hype lately about the kid, I’m not exactly sure he’ll be there by the time we pick in the 2nd round. He’ll be a good value pick though that late in the draft.

« Reply #171 on: June 20, 2022, 07:56:30 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
Trevion Williams is good but the real steal of the second round is Jaylin Williams.  I'd love to move up to like #31 to snag him if hes really there then.  He's super talented and 6'10", I would be shocked if he's not a rotation player.

My super gamble pick will likely be bad, but I'm still intrigued by Fanbo Zeng.  He was supposed to play for Gonzaga, but had to decommit because of Covid.  Then he went to G League Ignite but had real troubles adjusting.  He has great size, wingspan and talent.  I feel like if he were drafted and a team really worked to get him culturally acclimated, he could be a solid bench guy down the line.  As is he will probably go undrafted and never really get a proper chance.

« Reply #172 on: June 21, 2022, 08:47:25 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

Boston Celtics

Keon Ellis, Alabama

Peter Kiss, Rutgers

Kevin McCullar, Kansas

Jared Rhoden, Seton Hall

Trevion Williams, Purdue

Is Sotto confirmed though? There’s been a lot of hype lately about the kid, I’m not exactly sure he’ll be there by the time we pick in the 2nd round. He’ll be a good value pick though that late in the draft.

I'm reading in multiple places that he's in the draft but I guess he can still pull out.

« Reply #173 on: June 21, 2022, 10:39:16 AM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 467
If any of these 4 are around when we pick or if we decide to move up I'd grab them.

"Jaylin Williams, Arkansas: Williams is my favorite second-round prospect as a hard-working big man who can play the four or the five comfortably next to anyone. He's an intense defender and rebounder who has improved his shooting stroke and has some passing chops, too.

Jake LaRavia, Wake Forest: LaRavia will be your prototypical 3-and-D wing at the next level with good size and a clean shooting stroke who can fit on any roster. He plays hard at all times on both ends of the floor and has the potential to be a glue guy.

Ryan Rollins, Toledo: Rollins is a quick playmaker who plays with great pace with the ball in his hands. He has a smooth jumper and could develop into a reliable reserve guard for a team in need of another ball-handler.

Hugo Besson, New Zealand Breakers (NBL, Australia): Besson is a fluid scorer and shot creator who can get a bucket from all three levels of the floor. He's improved as a playmaker and already has professional experience after spending his last season in Australia's NBL.

MORE FROM SPORTING NEWS"

Jaylin Williams is the guy I've been wanting.  He's a good passing big. Can guard all positions and the PNR.  Needs to get a little stronger and continue to develop his shot.  He could replace Al after next year.  He could provide the defense and passing immediately.  He's projected to go early 2nd and I hope he slips and the C's pick up a high 2nd round pick and take him.

« Reply #174 on: June 21, 2022, 11:23:59 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
If any of these 4 are around when we pick or if we decide to move up I'd grab them.

"Jaylin Williams, Arkansas: Williams is my favorite second-round prospect as a hard-working big man who can play the four or the five comfortably next to anyone. He's an intense defender and rebounder who has improved his shooting stroke and has some passing chops, too.

Jake LaRavia, Wake Forest: LaRavia will be your prototypical 3-and-D wing at the next level with good size and a clean shooting stroke who can fit on any roster. He plays hard at all times on both ends of the floor and has the potential to be a glue guy.

Ryan Rollins, Toledo: Rollins is a quick playmaker who plays with great pace with the ball in his hands. He has a smooth jumper and could develop into a reliable reserve guard for a team in need of another ball-handler.

Hugo Besson, New Zealand Breakers (NBL, Australia): Besson is a fluid scorer and shot creator who can get a bucket from all three levels of the floor. He's improved as a playmaker and already has professional experience after spending his last season in Australia's NBL.

MORE FROM SPORTING NEWS"

Jaylin Williams is the guy I've been wanting.  He's a good passing big. Can guard all positions and the PNR.  Needs to get a little stronger and continue to develop his shot.  He could replace Al after next year.  He could provide the defense and passing immediately.  He's projected to go early 2nd and I hope he slips and the C's pick up a high 2nd round pick and take him.

I'm very high on Jake LaRavia who I see as a Joe Ingles type of role player that can thrive working off our stars. I think LaRavia is probably gone by the time we pick. I wouldn't Brad packaging some cash and a future second to move up for him. He seems like a really good fit.

« Reply #175 on: June 21, 2022, 12:58:04 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420

MORE FROM SPORTING NEWS"

I'm very high on Jake LaRavia who I see as a Joe Ingles type of role player that can thrive working off our stars. I think LaRavia is probably gone by the time we pick. I wouldn't Brad packaging some cash and a future second to move up for him. He seems like a really good fit.

My money would be on LaRavia going top 35
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #176 on: June 21, 2022, 03:59:25 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
just a few thoughts while I read all of the trade and draft buzz floating around the internet.

1. I am not sold that Ivey isn't going to crack the top 3. While the fit isn't perfect if Presti is convinced he is going to be a star I could see him just taking him #3. Their are rumors floating that OKC is trying to trade up from #12 for Ivey or Sharpe. Sorting out SGA, Giddey and Ivey isn't the worst issue for a coach to have, especially when ownership isn't expecting you to win next season. Chet falling to #4 creates another interesting situation. The Kings want to win now and Chet may not physically be ready to contribute to winning basketball. If the Kings are gun shy to draft him they can probably land an impressive though ill advised hall for him.

2. Another rumored trade is Hayward for Turner. The Hornets sending Hayward and #15 to the Pacers for Myles Turner makes a lot of sense for both teams. Clears up $$ and fills a position of need for the Hornets. For the Pacers Hayward is a nice story for what is likely a lost rebuilding season. The #15 pick along with #6 and Brogdan might be enough ammo to get them the #4 if they want it. Either Ivey (or in my above scenario Chet) would be great along side Haliburton. If they elect to keep #6 and #15 they could very well rebuild their front court by drafting Murray/Sochan and Jalen Duran/Mark Williams.   
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #177 on: June 21, 2022, 04:33:09 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

MORE FROM SPORTING NEWS"

[/qu]

That's probably true but there are a lot of guys in the second round this year that look like legit prospects so I won't be surprised if he goes a little later. I can't see him lasting to 53 but if we could move into the 30s to snag him it would be a nice fit.

« Reply #178 on: June 21, 2022, 05:56:12 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker

MORE FROM SPORTING NEWS"

[/qu]

That's probably true but there are a lot of guys in the second round this year that look like legit prospects so I won't be surprised if he goes a little later. I can't see him lasting to 53 but if we could move into the 30s to snag him it would be a nice fit.

I agree that this draft seems really deep, I’m not sure if it’s just my bias because I’ve focused on the later round prospects this year. LaRavia feels like a safer pick at a position in value that contending teams won’t let fall. The bigger gambles like Watson or Houston feel like the guys who could slip
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #179 on: June 21, 2022, 06:02:47 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Are there a lot of guys that look like NBA players in the 2nd round or are some of you guys just really hoping so and it's clouding your judgement?

I read in these draft threads every single year about the draft depth and the talent available in the 2nd, and yet when looked at years later, it's pretty consistent that there are some players, but a whole bunch never get to play an NBA minute and most of the rest are just guys that litter the 14th -17th spots on rosters for a few years before their careers end.

Most of the 2nd round is still looking for a needle in a haystack