Author Topic: Marvel topic (MCU, series, comics)  (Read 14312 times)

Re: Marvel topic (MCU, series, comics)
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2021, 04:54:36 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Hawkeye was pretty much a perfect Marvel series.  It helps that they kept it to six episodes, so that there was no bloat.  Every episode was good.  Action, humor, good acting, chemistry …. and Kingpin.

(If anybody wants to call Kate a “Mary Sue”, fine…. But it’s a comic.  These are larger than life characters, and you’ve got to suspend some disbelief.)

I wouldn't call Kate a "M-S". She is clearly not even close to the heros or villains level of skill. I loved that everyone owned her but gave her credit. Mostly she only annoyed the established characters or got lucky (especially at the end). Which is perfect balance of introducing a new hero.

I put Hawkeye at the top of MCU series.

Well, she took out Kingpin with barely a scratch.  By episode 6 she was essentially a full blown superhero.
I don't want to spoil things for others by going over  all the factors that went into that. I wouldn't call that a true one on one serious fight.

But it is definitely unrealistic on these characters only getting scratches and walking away from crazy "bumps". They claim no superpowers but clearly they have super healing and metal skeletons lol

« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2021, 07:26:36 PM »

Kiorrik

Hawkeye was pretty much a perfect Marvel series.  It helps that they kept it to six episodes, so that there was no bloat.  Every episode was good.  Action, humor, good acting, chemistry …. and Kingpin.

(If anybody wants to call Kate a “Mary Sue”, fine…. But it’s a comic.  These are larger than life characters, and you’ve got to suspend some disbelief.)

I wouldn't call Kate a "M-S". She is clearly not even close to the heros or villains level of skill. I loved that everyone owned her but gave her credit. Mostly she only annoyed the established characters or got lucky (especially at the end). Which is perfect balance of introducing a new hero.

I put Hawkeye at the top of MCU series.

Well, she took out Kingpin with barely a scratch.  By episode 6 she was essentially a full blown superhero.

I 100% read that as Fisk trying not to hurt her.

« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2021, 08:39:57 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Hawkeye episodes 1-3: I cannot believe Marvel made a feel goodish christmas action series that made stop talking about Diehard in December!

Hawkeye episode 4: I mean, this is really good! YELENA!

Hawkeye episode 5, during the hot sauce scene: IS THIS THIS THE BEST MCU SERIES (excluding Daredevil and Jessica Jones season 1)?

Watching 6 now.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2021, 08:47:54 PM »

Kiorrik

Hawkeye episodes 1-3: I cannot believe Marvel made a feel goodish christmas action series that made stop talking about Diehard in December!

Hawkeye episode 5, during the hot sauce scene: IS THIS THIS THE BEST MCU SERIES (excluding Daredevil and Jessica Jones season 1)?

Watching 6 now.

I'll do Ep 6 for ya;

Hawkeye episode 6: well, this series was pretty solid overall, and this is not a terrible ending, but yeah, just kinda keen to see what comes from this.

I feel like Hawkeye is like ... an in-between snack. I love how it kinda ties a lotta stuff together. That's I think its best aspect.

I hope we get more random cameos/side-roles in all movies/series now.

The crossovers are the best part of it.

I'm willing to say the MCU is the new "soap opera". It's just addicting. And it's getting better.

« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2021, 08:51:04 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson

Watching 6 now.
Loved Daredevil but not technically MCU. I would put daredevil ahead of Hawkeye if it becomes canon. Jessica Jones I felt was a nice build up to Kill-grave and Powerman. Jessica would be the best IDGAF marvel character besides old man Logan and deadpool to date if canon. Though deadpool is nuts so don't know if he would count.

« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2021, 08:58:10 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson

Watching 6 now.

I'll do Ep 6 for ya;

Hawkeye episode 6: well, this series was pretty solid overall, and this is not a terrible ending, but yeah, just kinda keen to see what comes from this.

I feel like Hawkeye is like ... an in-between snack. I love how it kinda ties a lotta stuff together. That's I think its best aspect.

I hope we get more random cameos/side-roles in all movies/series now.

The crossovers are the best part of it.

I'm willing to say the MCU is the new "soap opera". It's just addicting. And it's getting better.
This is why F4 should be a series and not movie. The F4 are epic levels of crossover with a team of just 4 it's easy to keep lower budget and yet high quality. Spiderman, x-men, the defenders, galaxy threats, shield, secret wars, multiverse and more the F4 are legit for a long term mcu crossovers.

« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2021, 09:03:04 PM »

Kiorrik

Watching 6 now.

Loved Daredevil but not technically MCU. I would put daredevil ahead of Hawkeye if it becomes canon. Jessica Jones I felt was a nice build up to Kill-grave and Powerman. Jessica would be the best IDGAF marvel character besides old man Logan and deadpool to date if canon. Though deadpool is nuts so don't know if he would count.

I think it is, now?

« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2021, 09:08:24 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Watching 6 now.

I think it is, now?

I think the Netflix series isn't officially canon, although Daredevil and Kingpin are played by the same actors.

I didn't care that much for Jessica Jones.  I thought the first several episodes of Luke Cage were awesome, but they fell off.  Daredevil season 1 was probably my favorite so far, up until Hawkeye.

The really disappointing one was Iron Fist.  There were some okay elements there, but how do you cast a guy who doesn't know martial arts?  The fight scenes are absolute key to a series like that, and they couldn't make them even remotely convincing.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #38 on: December 22, 2021, 09:09:13 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson

Watching 6 now.

I think it is, now?
It's like AOS. Some of the actors for the characters are the same but the story is slightly different.

« Reply #39 on: December 22, 2021, 09:14:21 PM »

Kiorrik

I just remembered "The Defenders" exists :')

I can not remember more than 2 scenes from that whole thing.

I liked Luke Cage the character, and I think the bad guy in that? I liked Daredevil, Kingpin, and Stick. I liked Jessica and Killgrave. Loved the Punisher too, great casting and that series got kinda wild.

But a lot of the specifics kinda blended together pretty badly.

Still, would love for it to all be MCU. I love the whole crossover stuff, especially when you don't see it coming.

Also, I'm kinda super surprised Deadpool isn't in literally everything. Ryan seems like the kinda guy that's totally up for appearing in every single post-credits scene. (I almost wrote post-game-podcast lol)

« Reply #40 on: December 22, 2021, 09:23:48 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
I just remembered "The Defenders" exists :')

I can not remember more than 2 scenes from that whole thing.

I liked Luke Cage the character, and I think the bad guy in that? I liked Daredevil, Kingpin, and Stick. I liked Jessica and Killgrave. Loved the Punisher too, great casting and that series got kinda wild.

But a lot of the specifics kinda blended together pretty badly.

Still, would love for it to all be MCU. I love the whole crossover stuff, especially when you don't see it coming.

Also, I'm kinda super surprised Deadpool isn't in literally everything. Ryan seems like the kinda guy that's totally up for appearing in every single post-credits scene. (I almost wrote post-game-podcast lol)
Ryan is great for the MCU. Got to give credit to RDJ and Jackman for appearances too.

Cavill should be the guy for DCU. He is totally a fanatic of comics, games and scifi but at the same time a full commit actor. Props to Cavill

« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2022, 11:13:52 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Moon Knight, I'm so ready for this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7Krla_UxRg

« Reply #42 on: August 25, 2022, 01:36:21 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
She-Hulk...  what the heck is this?  Is it a pure comedy?  It seems like Green Ally McBeal, with crappier music.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2022, 09:29:37 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
She-Hulk...  what the heck is this?  Is it a pure comedy?  It seems like Green Ally McBeal, with crappier music.
It's terrible. Like worse than Green Ally McBeal.

Marvel should have stopped their TV series at Loki. Everything else has been downhill ever since. It makes me worry they could really ruin Daredevil when they bring it back under MCU control.

« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2022, 11:23:16 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
I enjoy She-Hulk a lot, but the humor is my kind of humor.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip