Author Topic: NBA Season 2021-22  (Read 569790 times)

Re: NBA Season 2021-22
« Reply #5205 on: May 12, 2022, 11:20:59 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2707
This ENTIRE Sixers postgame stuff is juicy. Harden, Doc, Embiid, etc lots of interesting quotes lol

Awesome, please share  ;D

« Reply #5206 on: May 12, 2022, 11:21:27 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Man, the Suns defense is just terrible. Luka is getting all the way to the hoop with no resistance practically any time he wants to.

I have a hard time determining how the Mavs are significantly better than the Pelicans.  Aside from Brunson -- who has been hit or miss -- and one game of crazy shooting from DFS and Bertans, this series suggests Luka is just phenomenal.  Phoenix was a really good defensive team this year.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #5207 on: May 12, 2022, 11:24:56 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1552
Man, the Suns defense is just terrible. Luka is getting all the way to the hoop with no resistance practically any time he wants to.
No, Luka is just that good
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #5208 on: May 12, 2022, 11:27:05 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2707

I have a hard time determining how the Mavs are significantly better than the Pelicans.  Aside from Brunson -- who has been hit or miss -- and one game of crazy shooting from DFS and Bertans, this series suggests Luka is just phenomenal.  Phoenix was a really good defensive team this year.

I guess so. The Mavs roster outside of Luka is underwhelming at best.

« Reply #5209 on: May 12, 2022, 11:27:50 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
Every year I enjoy pointing out that the pre-Process Sixers were a 2nd round playoff team (well a year removed from one), and they still have yet to advance past the 2nd round since.

Yep. They said the whole point of the process was to avoid being the Atlanta hawks team that made the playoffs every year but couldn’t really compete for a title. Ironically the the hawks actually made a conference finals. They are arguably now in their worst position of the last 4 years. Have to wonder if they even want harden back at this point. Harris is very highly paid for what he does. Thybulle has not developed at all.

« Reply #5210 on: May 12, 2022, 11:30:41 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson

I guess so. The Mavs roster outside of Luka is underwhelming at best.

Yep. If I were in a 11-cat fantasy league, I'd trade the entire farm for Luka. 

« Reply #5211 on: May 12, 2022, 11:35:17 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2412
Thybulle has not developed at all.
Philly should trade Thybulle. Embiid and Harden need shooters around them. Not non-shooters.

I suspect Morey will be seduced by Thybulle's defensive advanced stats to the point he will be unwilling to let him go.

« Reply #5212 on: May 12, 2022, 11:37:36 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
Philly should trade Thybulle. Embiid and Harden need shooters around them. Not non-shooters.

I suspect Morey will be seduced by Thybulle's defensive advanced stats to the point he will be unwilling to let him go.

You think Morey is still obsessed with harden? I’m not even sure he is better than maxey. Will be very interesting to see if they bring back harden. He looks completely washed to me.

« Reply #5213 on: May 12, 2022, 11:37:38 PM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Every year I enjoy pointing out that the pre-Process Sixers were a 2nd round playoff team (well a year removed from one), and they still have yet to advance past the 2nd round since.

Yep. They said the whole point of the process was to avoid being the Atlanta hawks team that made the playoffs every year but couldn’t really compete for a title. Ironically the the hawks actually made a conference finals. They are arguably now in their worst position of the last 4 years. Have to wonder if they even want harden back at this point. Harris is very highly paid for what he does. Thybulle has not developed at all.

Yea but the process was cut short

Two big what if's. If the Celtics stayed healthy (mentally with Kyrie, physically with Hayward), and if the process ended up successful being allowed to run its full course (one more key contributor next to Simmons/Embiid). Wowzers that would have been an amazing series.

Edit: a third what-if. If Harden's Rockets didn't go 0-27. Just 3 really cool teams conceptually to me.

« Reply #5214 on: May 12, 2022, 11:39:44 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith

You think Morey is still obsessed with harden? I’m not even sure he is better than maxey. Will be very interesting to see if they bring back harden. He looks completely washed to me.

I have no idea what to make of Harden. I am looking forward to seeing what type of shape he is at the start of next season.

I expect Morey will keep Harden. He has little choice. Philly's cap is tied up either way. They can't replace Harden if he walks away. Better to keep a good player than lose him for nothing.

« Reply #5215 on: May 12, 2022, 11:45:41 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson

He just doesn't care.

« Reply #5216 on: May 12, 2022, 11:59:41 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
Heat were my biggest concern in the EC coming into the season, but they're not the juggernaut Philly made them out to be.
Miami sure do look a soft opponent for whoever comes out of the Celtics Bucks series.

« Reply #5217 on: May 13, 2022, 12:00:35 AM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1441

I have no idea what to make of Harden. I am looking forward to seeing what type of shape he is at the start of next season.

I expect Morey will keep Harden. He has little choice. Philly's cap is tied up either way. They can't replace Harden if he walks away. Better to keep a good player than lose him for nothing.

Did you hear some of the postgame interview from Harden? Will be interesting to see what  the team does with Doc.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=U9catPjt-Lk
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #5218 on: May 13, 2022, 12:20:41 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

Yea but the process was cut short

Two big what if's. If the Celtics stayed healthy (mentally with Kyrie, physically with Hayward), and if the process ended up successful being allowed to run its full course (one more key contributor next to Simmons/Embiid). Wowzers that would have been an amazing series.

Edit: a third what-if. If Harden's Rockets didn't go 0-27. Just 3 really cool teams conceptually to me.

They had butler but they ran him out of town catering to Ben’s fragile ego. Little did they know how big a problem his ego and feelings were at the time.

« Reply #5219 on: May 13, 2022, 12:35:26 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
In general this was the most boring night of playoff basketball in quite some time. Neither game really had a second of interesting ball in the second half.