Author Topic: 21-22 College Football Thread  (Read 36444 times)

Re: 21-22 College Football Thread
« Reply #75 on: November 13, 2021, 02:33:57 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2943
  • On To Banner 18!
#4 Oklahoma on upset watch. Losing 10-7 to #18 Baylor currently in the 4th
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #76 on: November 13, 2021, 02:39:20 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
#4 Oklahoma on upset watch. Losing 10-7 to #18 Baylor currently in the 4th

Now Oklahoma down 17-7.

Also FWIW, #23 Penn State giving #9 Michigan a fight down just 14-6 in the 3rd and driving.

« Reply #77 on: November 14, 2021, 09:04:59 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
The path for Cincinnati just got a lot more open.  A loss from Oregon would almost assuredly clinch a spot for an unbeaten Cincinnati team.  Even if Oregon wins out Cincinnati could still make it if Georgia beats Alabama (and the bigger the better) or the Big Ten continues to cannibalize itself and ends up with no 1 loss team (which isn't entirely far fetched given Ohio St. still plays MSU and UM and MSU still has PSU as well as the OSU game).  Cincinnati obviously has to be unbeaten (and ND continuing to win certainly helps their cause).  Cincinnati does have its 2 toughest AAC games left with 8-2 SMU and 9-1 Houston in the championship game (they also have 6-4 ECU)
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #78 on: November 20, 2021, 05:01:15 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
Teams from Ohio getting the style points today. OSU demolished #7 Michigan St 56-7 (it was 49-0 at the half) and Cincinnati is up 27-0 on 2 loss SMU.

« Reply #79 on: November 20, 2021, 05:16:33 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
I'm just wondering how Wake Forest was even ranked #10 coming into today? They had 1 loss to UNC (which was a close game) but they haven't really had any big wins this season and coming into today's Clemson game, Clemson was favored lol.

« Reply #80 on: November 20, 2021, 05:19:51 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
Teams from Ohio getting the style points today. OSU demolished #7 Michigan St 56-7 (it was 49-0 at the half) and Cincinnati is up 27-0 on 2 loss SMU.

Cincinnati IMO should definitely make it if they can win out, but unfortunately because of how things are with the Committee I think there's basically just 2 paths for them realistically (assuming they win out).

1. Alabama loses 1 of their next 3 (so today, Auburn or Georgia in the SEC Champ. Game)

2. Oregon loses 1 more before the end of the season (probably to Utah either tonight or the PAC-12 champ game)

There's obviously the scenario where some chaos ensues and there's no 1-loss team in the Big 10 remaining but that doesn't seem realistic to me. There's a chance for sure but a slim one.

« Reply #81 on: November 20, 2021, 05:34:13 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549

Cincinnati IMO should definitely make it if they can win out, but unfortunately because of how things are with the Committee I think there's basically just 2 paths for them realistically (assuming they win out).

1. Alabama loses 1 of their next 3 (so today, Auburn or Georgia in the SEC Champ. Game)

2. Oregon loses 1 more before the end of the season (probably to Utah either tonight or the PAC-12 champ game)

There's obviously the scenario where some chaos ensues and there's no 1-loss team in the Big 10 remaining but that doesn't seem realistic to me. There's a chance for sure but a slim one.
If Bama, OSU and Oregon win out and Georgia only loses to Bama in the SEC championship, which of those 1-loss teams should Cincinnati get in over? 

« Reply #82 on: November 20, 2021, 05:38:38 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1391

If they go undefeated and don't make it, I think it is very very bad for college football. Oregon has a horrible loss.

« Reply #83 on: November 20, 2021, 05:48:25 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I think Alabama will have two losses.  The defense just doesn't have it this year.  They're a good defense, but they're not a great defense.  I think they need a great defense to beat Georgia.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #84 on: November 20, 2021, 06:02:47 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
Cincinnati's QB, Ridder, has 3 passing TD's, 1 receiving TD, and 1 rushing TD.  As they are up 6TD's on 8-2 SMU.  They definitely heard the criticism as they are putting a hurt on the 2nd best team they've played this year.

« Reply #85 on: November 20, 2021, 06:07:13 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

If Bama, OSU and Oregon win out and Georgia only loses to Bama in the SEC championship, which of those 1-loss teams should Cincinnati get in over?

I would put them over Oregon. They had a bad loss and also CIN currently is destroying SMU + they beat Notre Dame who have looked fantastic lately.

But the Committee will leave CIN out in that scenario. And I think it’ll lead to drama going forward

« Reply #86 on: November 20, 2021, 06:11:15 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Cincinnati's QB, Ridder, has 3 passing TD's, 1 receiving TD, and 1 rushing TD.  As they are up 6TD's on 8-2 SMU.  They definitely heard the criticism as they are putting a hurt on the 2nd best team they've played this year.

I'm rooting for Cincy over the other contenders (outside of Alabama, who I like rooting for).  But you kind of make the case against them here.  SMU is the second best team they've played.  SMU is also unranked.  SMU is also about to go to 4-3 in a pretty weak conference, and they haven't played a ranked opponent before today.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #87 on: November 20, 2021, 06:23:30 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Arkansas is within six against Alabama after an awesome fake kick.

« Reply #88 on: November 20, 2021, 06:28:01 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1391

I'm rooting for Cincy over the other contenders (outside of Alabama, who I like rooting for).  But you kind of make the case against them here.  SMU is the second best team they've played.  SMU is also unranked.  SMU is also about to go to 4-3 in a pretty weak conference, and they haven't played a ranked opponent before today.

They beat Notre Dame who is gonna be up to like 8th in the country. Houston is also a very solid team who they play next week. If they stomp them are you impressed?

« Reply #89 on: November 20, 2021, 07:41:20 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549

They beat Notre Dame who is gonna be up to like 8th in the country. Houston is also a very solid team who they play next week. If they stomp them are you impressed?
Houston lost to Texas Tech so not that solid of a team.