Author Topic: IT drops 81 points  (Read 10166 times)

IT drops 81 points
« on: August 08, 2021, 08:51:38 PM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 213
  • Signature move: Punch to the jejunum
https://twitter.com/Ballislife/status/1424531280033505282

Isaiah Thomas scored a record 81 points in Jamal Crawford’s Pro-Am league.

IT had 40 by the half & 60 heading into the 4th quarter.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2021, 08:57:21 PM by Ed Monix »
5' 10" former point guard

Career highlight: 1973-74 championship, Boston Celtics

Career lowlight: traded for a washing machine

Re: IT drops 81 points
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2021, 09:09:35 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 306
https://twitter.com/Ballislife/status/1424531280033505282

Isaiah Thomas scored a record 81 points in Jamal Crawford’s Pro-Am league.

IT had 40 by the half & 60 heading into the 4th quarter.
I believe I read he scored 65 in his previous game.

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2021, 09:19:19 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1416
Was this at the YMCA?
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2021, 09:29:20 PM »

Kiorrik

Was this at the YMCA?

I dropped 32 at a YMCA once. We held the opposing team to 30 :]

Where's my contract, huh?

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2021, 09:41:42 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 533
I'm still trying to figure out how a team with too many guys on its roster who can't shoot, that's likely destined to finish somewhere between 7th and 10th in its conference, can't at least extend a training camp invite to a guy who might help address one of your bench's fundamental problems and -- happens to be available for the veteran minimum? 

Doesn't he deserve at least a look? Or do we want to keep watching Carsen Edwards prove that he's not good enough?

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2021, 09:53:12 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I'm still trying to figure out how a team with too many guys on its roster who can't shoot, that's likely destined to finish somewhere between 7th and 10th in its conference, can't at least extend a training camp invite to a guy who might help address one of your bench's fundamental problems and -- happens to be available for the veteran minimum? 

Doesn't he deserve at least a look? Or do we want to keep watching Carsen Edwards prove that he's not good enough?
Since he left Boston he's been a 34% shooter from three. One good season (or half season) of shooting in Washington, but really poor shooting in Denver, LA, Cleveland and New Orleans. He's a career 36% shooter from deep, same as Josh Richardson. Not sure he'd help us much in that regard
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2021, 10:01:51 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1416

Teams have given him looks and he just can’t catch on with anyone. I loved IT when he was on the C’s and I hate to say this, but his days in the NBA seem to be over. He’d be better off playing in China and would probably make a few million a year. Bet he would be a star overseas.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2021, 10:50:06 PM by Goldstar88 »
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2021, 10:35:25 PM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • The voice of reason

Because in the NBA, if you’re an abysmal defender like IT, you’d better be putting put Harden numbers on offense. From all accounts he can’t do that anymore, regardless of what he did in the geriatric league. amateur league... thought this was that 3v3 thing... even worse.

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2021, 08:20:38 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Keep in mind Sully looked good in some of those pro-am leagues and he ended up in China.

We are trying to change the mindset of our team to a tougher, more accountable defensive team.   This sadly, makes IT a bad for us.  I think Kanter, Hauser, Parker and Grant will be gone next year as we continue to evolve in that direction as we slowly shed poor defenders down the road.  I mean next year,   this is a bridge year.

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2021, 12:03:59 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 533
It wouldn't cost much to bring him to camp with a non-guaranteed contract and see if maybe the hip is better. Who cares if he can't defend? This team can't score enough points when one of the Jays is out.

Carsen Edwards can defend a bit, and he's never going to help an NBA team win games.

If he's got anything at all left he'll win you a couple of games you'd have otherwise lost - maybe more than a couple. If his hip still doesn't allow him to get by the initial defender you just cut him.  Nothing lost.

Ainge I don't think ever realized that the key to winning these days (at least in the regular season) is outscoring the opponent. If you score 120 and they get 119, you still win.  If your bench is full of 3 pt chuckers who can't make 1 out of 3 and one of the Jays has an off-game (or is out), you're losing by 20+.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2021, 12:10:47 PM by Kuberski33 »