Author Topic: Maine Celtics  (Read 41877 times)

Re: Maine Celtics
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2021, 02:25:01 PM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 213
  • Signature move: Punch to the jejunum
The first uniform’s of the Maine Celtics have been unveiled today.

« Last Edit: November 03, 2021, 02:34:01 PM by Ed Monix »
5' 10" former point guard

Career highlight: 1973-74 championship, Boston Celtics

Career lowlight: traded for a washing machine

« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2021, 02:30:32 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 411
Nesmith, Romeo, TimeLord, Grant pics should be on that roster
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2021, 02:31:05 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Designers getting really lazy. I am pretty sure with my very limited graphic skills I could come up with something better than that.

Seems like they were given instructions of
1. Make sure "Maine" is on the jersey
2. Make sure "Vistaprint" logo is easily seen
3. Make sure you use a Boston white style and a Boston black and green alternate style as your canvases.

Cut, paste, cut, paste. And tah dah!!!  This is the crap they came up with.

« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2021, 02:41:48 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25640
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Designers getting really lazy. I am pretty sure with my very limited graphic skills I could come up with something better than that.

3. Make sure you use a Boston white style and a Boston black and green alternate style as your canvases.

I hate how prominent Vistaprint is.  It’s going to keep me from buying my kids some merch.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2021, 02:46:01 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3148

I hate how prominent Vistaprint is.  It’s going to keep me from buying my kids some merch.

Buy a long shirt and tuck that in.

« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2021, 03:06:39 PM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell

I’d say that Nike has stipulated that their logo is on all NBA merchandise and I’m guessing that the NBA wants the G-League logo to gain public visibility, and like Nike, Vistaprint must have contractually stipulated that their name/logo is on the front of the jersey too.

« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2021, 04:35:22 PM »

Offline Wretch

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
I actually bought a Red Claws hat off eBay because I thought the Maine Celtics was to boring.

« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2021, 01:43:50 AM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
Maine Celtics got their season off to a 1-0 start with a 116-103 win over College Park Skyhawks (Atlanta) tonight.

Two-Way player Sam Hauser had a big game:

27 points
9-15 FGs
6-11 three-pointers
7 rebounds

Luke Kornet had 18/11/7 & 3 blocks

Theo Pinson had 15 points, 6 assists

Juwan Morgan scored 12 points.

Ryan Arcidiacono had 12/6/10 for Maine.

Chris Clemons and Jaysean Paige each scored 13 off the bench for the G League Celtics.

« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2022, 12:57:27 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 616
Sheesh, a few days ago, Chris Clemons went bezerk AGAIN.

MIN   FGM-A   3PM-A    FTM-A   +/-   OREB   DREB   REB   AST   PF   STL   TO   BS   BA   PTS

33   14-26     8-17      2-3      22       0           7        7       4      1    4     3      0      0      41
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2022, 07:22:42 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
We went to the game today.  Maine won on a buzzer beater.  Great experience for the kids.  They got to meet “Crusher”, sat a dozen seats back from the Celts bench, got some free hats, and saw an amazing game.  Matt Ryan was on fire late.

Nik Stauskas is not an NBA player.  He doesn’t play like one, and he doesn’t look like one.  He just seems weak and lacks aggression.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2022, 07:51:09 PM by Roy H. »

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2022, 07:58:41 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1408
We went to the game today.  Maine won on a buzzer beater.  Great experience for the kids.  They got to meet “Crusher”, sat a dozen seats back from the Celts bench, got some free hats, and saw an amazing game.  Matt Ryan was on fire late.

Nik Stauskas is not an NBA player.  He doesn’t play like one, and he doesn’t look like one.  He just seems weak and lacks aggression.

How did Valentine look?
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2022, 08:05:28 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

How did Valentine look?

I thought he looked good.  Not great, but good.  Compared to most of the rest of the team, he played completely in control and with poise.  He wasn’t a “man among boys”, but he definitely was among the better players on the team.

« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2022, 08:13:50 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

How did Valentine look?

I thought he looked good.  Not great, but good.  Compared to most of the rest of the team, he played completely in control and with poise.  He wasn’t a “man among boys”, but he definitely was among the better players on the team.
Perhaps the last two words I would use to describe him at NBA level, which made me chuckle - not that I doubt it, just that it's funny that he looks that way in the G-League.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2022, 08:27:01 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

How did Valentine look?

Perhaps the last two words I would use to describe him at NBA level, which made me chuckle - not that I doubt it, just that it's funny that he looks that way in the G-League.

Yeah, G-League is a different animal, haha.  Everyone plays out of control, lol.

I didn’t see many elements of the Celtics system being taught.  The cool thing was that guys clearly cared about winning.  That was nice to see, instead of just chasing stats.

« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2022, 09:28:00 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1408

How did Valentine look?

I thought he looked good.  Not great, but good.  Compared to in most of the rest of the team, he played completely in control and with poise.  He wasn’t a “man among boys”, but he definitely was among the better players on the team.

I liked watching Valentine when he was in college. 8 games in the G-league and he’s averaging 15.5pts, 9.9reb, 6ast, while shooting 44.2% from the field and 36.9% from 3pt. Not sure about his defense, though.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2022, 09:47:07 PM by Goldstar88 »
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.