Author Topic: Skip Bayless Cracks me up  (Read 6303 times)

Skip Bayless Cracks me up
« on: June 16, 2010, 01:39:14 AM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
just tweeted
Now Celtics need to hear for 48 hours how it's over, they have zero chance of beating Kobe Bryant at Staples in a Game 7. Please scream it.
Twitter @RealSkipBayless

Please Do. Fire up the Celtics.

Re: Skip Bayless Cracks me up
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2010, 01:49:12 AM »

Offline misha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 1488
  • Open your eyes
Hope he was right in one of his previous tweets:

Tonite belongs to Kobe. He'll spill everything he has left on Staples floor in win-or-die effort. But won't have enough left in tank for G7.

He has many anti Kobe tweets which of course made me add him to the 'following' list.
The Immortals:

Iker Casillas, Giacinto Facchetti, Alessandro Nesta, Matthias Sammer, Javier Zanetti, Lothar Matthäus (c), Xavi, Zico, Maradona, Roberto Baggio, Ferenc Puskas, Karl Heinz Rummenigge

Coach:Rinus Michels

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2010, 01:53:56 AM »

Offline ejk3489

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 215
Even though he annoys me sometimes, I do love him always hating on the Lakers and Kobe...and he picked the Celtics to win it all at the start of the playoffs, so I can't hate.

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2010, 02:14:25 AM »

Offline chief3233

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 8
  • Bleed Green
Hes picked these games right in the finals...and very accurately in how they would happen. He got the first two right. He said Boston would lost game 3. Predicted games 4,5, and 6 right. He also has Boston winning the series. Maybe he is on to something :D
"The emblem of a warrior, it's the swagger of an athlete, a champion and dynasty, it's gifted, golden, genuine and glorious. It is a lower-case god. It's the goat. The greatest of all time. What's G? It is the heart, hustle and soul of the game."

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2010, 02:18:58 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
I dunno, I'm pretty scared of Kobe in the Staples Center in Game 7, too.  Not to mention Pau Gasol.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2010, 02:29:18 AM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
I dunno, I'm pretty scared of Kobe in the Staples Center in Game 7, too.  Not to mention Pau Gasol.

thats media garbage Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.. I hope you ain't buying that crab. Remember Kobe's point count as 2 not 5. Besides Kobe didn't beat the Celtics yesterday, Celtics beat themselves getting behind early with careless TurnOvers & lack of rebounding. Doc will sort that sh*t out by Thursday. I have a feeling Pierce will outplay Kobe. He's done it before. Rebound play n D & ride the horses (Big 4).

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2010, 08:23:13 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Hope he was right in one of his previous tweets:

Tonite belongs to Kobe. He'll spill everything he has left on Staples floor in win-or-die effort. But won't have enough left in tank for G7.

He has many anti Kobe tweets which of course made me add him to the 'following' list.
The problem with this is that Kobe didn't have to spill everything he had on the floor for them to win it.  because LA thoroughly pounded the C's, Kobe and Pau were pretty much able to conserve their efforts in the second half and will have something left to give in game 7.

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2010, 08:59:04 AM »

Offline drunk_guy_at_an_80s_party

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 4
No need to be scared. These Lakers haven't proven anything yet. Not against the C's anyway. Game 7 will be 48 minutes of sheer terror. They'll have to survive this in order to scare people.

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2010, 09:21:28 AM »

Offline rickyfan3.0...

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 110
Skip can be a dink, but the past couple years he has been DEAD ON with his hoops predictions, and this year he has been incredible... he has also been 6 for 6 this series.

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2010, 09:59:27 AM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 170
Skip can be so annoying at times but his disdain for the NBA's media darlings never fails to warm my heart. And he's been pretty impressive with his predictions.
Tommy: He's got a line about me. Tell him the line.

Mike: Everybody 60 or over knows Tommy as a player. Everybody 40 or over knows Tommy as a coach. Everybody 20 or over knows Tommy as a broadcaster. And everybody 10 or under thinks he's Shrek.

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2010, 10:41:49 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
just tweeted
Now Celtics need to hear for 48 hours how it's over, they have zero chance of beating Kobe Bryant at Staples in a Game 7. Please scream it.
Twitter @RealSkipBayless

Please Do. Fire up the Celtics.

So is he a C's fan? 

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2010, 10:46:34 AM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
Bayless is an enigma... He's a knowledgeable idiot. He's correctly predicted the result of every game of the finals so far. He's picked the Celtics in game 7 regardless of Perk playing or not.  Let's hope he keeps his streak going.

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2010, 10:27:54 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 730
15 - 2 offensive rebounds in favor of lakers 1st half - when are we going to get dirty and get this job done ?????
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce