4 (23.5%)
Celtics
5 (29.4%)
Adam Silver 😂
4 (23.5%)
No one, this is a great [dang] trade!
2 (11.8%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Author Topic: Poll: Will the Celtics make a splash this offseason?  (Read 3495 times)

Poll: Will the Celtics make a splash this offseason?
« on: April 20, 2019, 06:45:24 AM »

RazzelnoDazzel

Hello everyone!
I am a long time lurker and decided to post my trade scenario on how the C’s can make a huge splash this offseason.  I know nobody is trying to hear about trades when we are up 3-0 in the playoffs and people feel like we “hit a switch”, but I for one can not see this team as a championship contender as currently constructed. I would not be surprised if we got bounced out the 2nd round or even made it to the finals. Either way we flip it we will not win a championship with this team unless there is some crazy luck!!! *fingers crossed for luck* without further ado here is my 2020 Celtics Roster!!

PG: Kyrie/Wanamaker/Dozier
SG: Smart/ Brown/ RJ hunter
SF: Durant/ Morris/Semi
PF: Al Horford/Theis /Bos 2nd (j.porter)
C: Davis/Baynes/Robert Willams 3/ 

3-Team trade
GS,BOS,NO

Sign and trade Rozier (3yr/57m)?, Tatum, Hayward, Sac 19’ 1st rounder, MEM 20’ 1st rounder Bos 21’ 1st rounder FOR Anthony Davis

Boston sends
Lac 19’ 1st rounder, Bos 19’ 1st rounder, Yabusele To Golden State

Pels send J Holiday to Golden State
Pels send A Davis to Boston

Golden State sign + trade KD to Celtics
Boston sends Hayward to Pelicans

Boston Out
Yabusele
19’ sac pick
19’ clippers pick
19’ Bos pick
20’ mem pick
21’ Bos pick
——————————————-
Boston in:
Kevin Durant
Anthony Davis
——————————————-
Golden state out:
Kevin Durant
Lac 19’
Bos 19’
——————————————
Pelicans in -
Gordon Hayward
Terry Rozier
Jayson Tatum
Sac pick 19’
Mem pick 20’
Bos pick 21’
———————————————
Why the Celtics do it?

We have collected so many pieces for this moment right here! We will finally get that feeling back when we grabbed KG and Ray!

I mean look at that line up, we have an amazing lineup with stars at top and a well balanced bench. Of course we will have the risk of AD leaving but no one likes losing all the time. He will finally get his deep playoff run and maybe even a championship.
————————————————
Why the Pelicans do it?
With AD wanting out it’s time to rebuild and collect as many assets as they can. Getting the Celtics young players on some great contracts with the excitement of the grizzlies pick possibly being another high draft pick in 20’ or even a number pick in 21’ as well as having at least 2 draft picks for the next 3 years, how in the heck can you beat that? Let’s not forget they are getting a rebuilding Hayward who can be a veteran leader for their organization. Even if Hayward does not get back to his old self they still have all of the other assets obtained from the C’s. This is a dream Scenario for David Griffin.
—————————————-
Why Golden State does it?
Nothing is worse than losing your star player other than losing him for nothing. With this trade they will be replacing KD with an all defensive player who can drop 20 and has IQ to pass the dang ball in Jrue Holiday! Oh let’s not forget they will have a chance to draft someone who can actually be useful for them while having 3 1st round draft picks in the upcoming draft. Umm Bol Bol to the warriors 👀!????
—————————————-
Side Notes*
* The thing I hate about everyone else’s trades are that they are one sided and cater to the C’s. I think I’ve found the balance in which everyone is happy. We aren’t dominating this trade because we are sacrificing something (young talent, lottery picks, Veteran leadership, AD leaving)
* Kill the “Nooo we need Tatum” cries. AD can do EVERYTHING Tatum can do but better plus give us better Defense. You absolutely cannot argue this. Only issue we will have with AD is durability. I fixed this by making sure we had backups for when this happens.
* Pelicans Lineup after trade can become playoff team real soon. We know how Rozier can play as a starter. We also know Tatum is a franchise corner stone. I think they have a shot at having a complete team for once.
* Lastly I absolutely do not see Hayward going to Golden State in no way form or fashion. He does not fit their style, he does not fit their overall objective, and he was already outed by someone on the roster ( https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2817926-unnamed-warriors-player-gordon-hayward-is-liability-on-both-ends-of-the-court.amp.html) which means there would be tension with him on day one and that’s not what he needs to flourish.

Re: Poll: Will the Celtics make a splash this offseason?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2019, 02:49:29 PM »

RazzelnoDazzel

Looks like Jalen Rose agrees with my prediction that Jrue will get traded as well as AD. I’m telling y’all I’m on to something here!!

https://youtu.be/pkMUXhZs2cI

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2019, 06:49:46 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Not sure if money fits but I don't see Warriors going for this at all. Even if they lose KD for nothing it's better than creating a juggernaut rival in the process. Warriors are better off hoping KD and Irving go to Knicks and that weakens the current C's.

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2019, 07:36:51 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
I got yes. I do feel like we will get AD unless he resigns there

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2019, 01:35:15 AM »

RazzelnoDazzel

Not sure if money fits but I don't see Warriors going for this at all. Even if they lose KD for nothing it's better than creating a juggernaut rival in the process. Warriors are better off hoping KD and Irving go to Knicks and that weakens the current C's.

I did some rough estimates and it worked in the trade machines, but wherever KD goes that team will be a contender anyway. At least he’s not stacking up the west.

Plus they are getting back Jrue Holiday with 2 1st rounders?? Idk man. That offer compared to getting nothing is hard to pass just because you’re afraid of stacking up a team in the East.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2019, 01:43:22 AM by RazzelnoDazzel »

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2019, 01:36:44 AM »

RazzelnoDazzel

I got yes. I do feel like we will get AD unless he resigns there

I feel like we are coming out of this off season with 3 All-stars. We might even get AD and keep Tatum some way.

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2019, 07:58:23 AM »

RazzelnoDazzel

Idk who voted for the Pels to say no but I’d love that explanation. They are in a perfect position with this trade. Let’s not forget they have their own Lottery pick. How many draft picks do you really think they would want in this 1 draft?

Also consider how vocal their future cornerstone Jayson Tatum is on playing for them? You know how difficult it is to get players who are ok with playing for a crap team??? That alone is superior bonus points for Tatum. He is easily the greatest trade chip for getting AD. WE ARE GETTING AD.

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2019, 08:07:57 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
I imagine if KD is gone the Warriors would want a frontcourt player not a backcourt player as they already have Curry and Thompson, unless they slide Thompson to SF but they they are still thin up front.  I think a trade with Hayward or even Horford for that matter ( if he opts in) makes more sense for the Warriors.

Edit: also add I don’t see the Pelicans having much use for Hayward if they to go with a true rebuild.

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2019, 11:20:31 PM »

RazzelnoDazzel

Ok then replace Yabu in the trade for Williams 3:

Curry
Holiday
Thompson
Green
Williams 3

Also as for Hayward on Pels;

Maybe Griffin wants to avoid a full rebuild and contend as well as rebuild. I don’t even you could argue with how good that Pels lineup looks and the potential for the future with the draft picks.

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2019, 03:53:27 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1361
TP for the effort!

I think there's a solid chance we get AD...as for KD I think pigs will fly before that happens  :angel:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2019, 04:24:26 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I get the theory that Golden State would rather get something in return for KD than lose him for nothing. I don't think they go for this, considering Holiday is a bit of a weird fit in-between Curry and Klay.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2019, 08:30:58 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
I think with Hayward coming back to life, it makes trading Tatum a bit less rough.

Danny is going to offer Tatum, the picks, etc. for AD. It will be interesting because the trade for AD needs to be agreed on by the draft so Boston can pick the players the Pels would want.

This would also allow Danny to go to Kyrie with proof AD is being brought in so he resigns.

Now if the don't trade for him...it will be interesting to see what the Cs do. Will Kyrie resign?

Plan B would be if Kyrie leaves...resign Rozier, and figure out what to do with the picks. Not sure you can use all three or four. Maybe package them for a vet or package them to move up. Boston would be extremely young and have to continue building that way.

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2019, 08:39:35 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
kinda out of DA s hands

Depends on what the Diva Durrant decides and he is unpredictable.  And WHO gets Zion.

If Kyrie stays then big good things can happen. big splash.

Other wise Kyrie exits , Tatum stays and becomes the future and many smaller ripples happen.

Tatum stock rising ....Ingram stock falling.

Looks like a 50/50 toss up right now to me .

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2019, 08:49:09 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
kinda out of DA s hands

Depends on what the Diva Durrant decides and he is unpredictable.  And WHO gets Zion.

If Kyrie stays then big good things can happen. big splash.

Other wise Kyrie exits , Tatum stays and becomes the future and many smaller ripples happen.

Tatum stock rising ....Ingram stock falling.

Looks like a 50/50 toss up right now to me .

Will be interesting if Kyrie does and AD does not get moved to Boston...Probably a roster of:
Rozier
Tatum
Hayward
Brown
Horford
Smart
Baynes
maybe 3 first round rookies
Williams

Then decisions on Theis, Semi, Yabu

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2019, 10:10:39 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
This is clearly nothing more than speculation by the Bleacher Report, but they came up with a hypothetical scenario this summer where if Kyrie left, the Celts and Suns could explore a Tatum for Devin Booker trade.

The thought would be Smart would be the PG with Booker replacing Irving as the main scorer followed up with Brown, Hayward and Horford in the starting lineup (though assumingly Brown would likely come off the bench and Baynes would start.)

https://fadeawayworld.net/2019/04/21/celtics-and-suns-could-explore-jayson-tatum-devin-booker-swap-next-summer/
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 10:26:22 AM by gpap »