Author Topic: Does Anyone Know When CSN Will Stop Covering The Games?  (Read 8120 times)

Does Anyone Know When CSN Will Stop Covering The Games?
« on: April 21, 2008, 08:36:06 PM »

Offline celtic4life

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5
Just Wondering.. I know the Finals Is On ABC.. It Will kinda suck Not Having Mike + Tommy  :-[

Re: Does Anyone Know When CSN Will Stop Covering The Games?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2008, 08:38:22 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
Pretty sure that CSN will be able to broadcast the first two rounds and then ABC/ESPN has the exclusive broadcast rights to the Eastern Conference Finals. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2008, 08:49:16 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
It Will kinda suck Not Having Mike + Tommy  :-[

not kinda...it will definately suck not having mike and tommy ;)

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2008, 09:08:38 PM »

Offline screwedupmaniac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 205
i love mike and tommy, but every time the games are covered by national networks, i can't help but watch on those channels. my reasons:

1. how often does TNT on ESPN coverage drop out? basically never.

2. how many times has csn dropped out in the middle of games? several, for me at least.

3. the biggest reason, however, is the sound quality difference between stations. TNT sounds great and has a nice full tone, but comcast sounds all tinny and crappy. as a musician, this drives me insane; it doesn't matter whether it's in HD or not if it sounds like crap.

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2008, 09:12:44 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2522
i love mike and tommy, but every time the games are covered by national networks, i can't help but watch on those channels. my reasons:

2. how many times has csn dropped out in the middle of games? several, for me at least.

3. the biggest reason, however, is the sound quality difference between stations. TNT sounds great and has a nice full tone, but comcast sounds all tinny and crappy. as a musician, this drives me insane; it doesn't matter whether it's in HD or not if it sounds like crap.

Mike, Tommy and Cousy are music to my ears.

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2008, 10:15:18 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43

If Tommy and Cousy are a scratched record, then yes they'd be music to my ears - I love Gorman, could do without Tommy and wish Cousy would stay in Florida - no disrespect to them as players and what they did for the franchise, but Tommy = obnoxious over the top homer and Cousy = clueless fairweather fan
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2008, 10:24:22 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

Gotta agree ... I love Mike, Tommy and the Couz! They have taken over carrying the torch for Johnny, and I think those who don't care for them, don't really grasp or appreciate what they bring to the game ... both now and in Celtic history.

These guys have more knowledge about basketball, than almost all the other announcers in the NBA put together. They have also been some of the most respected and highly regarded people in the game for a long time, not to mention what incredible things they did on the court for Boston.

It's truly almost sacrilege in my family to dump on these guys, and if you can't say something positive about them, it's best to not say anything at all ... especially if you're a Celtics fan. That's how important these men are and have been to this franchise and this city, and that's the very least they deserve.

TP's for all Mike, Tommy and Bob supporters on this page!
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2008, 10:27:52 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
TPs for anyone willing to admit they prefer the national broadcasts b/c they don't want to listen to Tommy and especially Cous
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2008, 10:31:03 PM »

Offline screwedupmaniac

• Jayson Tatum
oh, and PLEASE get rid of the marshall plan! the guy was a benchwarmer, but talks like he knows so much about the game of basketball...he's a joke, and a lot of the stuff he says drives me nuts. the only reason i have a picture of him under my screen name is cuz i find it funny haha.

on a side note, am i the only one who finds it odd the way that they have him and the blonde chick on celtics now stand like they're a couple? what other station forces a girl to stand and pose with the male co-host of the show like they're husband and wife? just find that odd that you never see that on any other channels.

i hate to rant on csn, but it's been building up all season...i can't stand the station, and would never watch it if they didn't have the rights to the celtics. it's a bummer the station is so poorly run, and can't get real professionals on board like nesn seems to be able to.

and if you're gonna have girls, make sure they're actually cute and not annoying like the blonde girl (is laura her name?) you can tell it drives tommy nuts when he has to stay home and listen to her babble on about stuff she doesn't seem to have the slightest clue about.

okay, i'm done now...i feel so much lighter after getting all of that pent up disgust off my shoulders  ;) haha

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2008, 10:37:04 PM »

Offline screwedupmaniac

• Jayson Tatum
TPs for anyone willing to admit they prefer the national broadcasts b/c they don't want to listen to Tommy and especially Cous

i admit that i prefer the national broadcast because of the people up top at csn who are running the station into the ground, but i won't disavow tommy...i love tommy!

and i do respect cousy for all he did for the franchise, and by that merit alone he deserves to be able to help announce some games...it made me mad over the past years how he'd just whine and pick out the negatives of every aspect of every celtics team from year to year, but you DO have to give him respect for just telling it as it was, and not always telling you what you wanted to hear.

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2008, 10:41:11 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
oh, and PLEASE get rid of the marshall plan! the guy was a benchwarmer, but talks like he knows so much about the game of basketball...he's a joke, and a lot of the stuff he says drives me nuts. the only reason i have a picture of him under my screen name is cuz i find it funny haha.

on a side note, am i the only one who finds it odd the way that they have him and the blonde chick on celtics now stand like they're a couple? what other station forces a girl to stand and pose with the male co-host of the show like they're husband and wife? just find that odd that you never see that on any other channels.

i hate to rant on csn, but it's been building up all season...i can't stand the station, and would never watch it if they didn't have the rights to the celtics. it's a bummer the station is so poorly run, and can't get real professionals on board like nesn seems to be able to.

and if you're gonna have girls, make sure they're actually cute and not annoying like the blonde girl (is laura her name?) you can tell it drives tommy nuts when he has to stay home and listen to her babble on about stuff she doesn't seem to have the slightest clue about.

okay, i'm done now...i feel so much lighter after getting all of that pent up disgust off my shoulders  ;) haha

Yeah ... have to admit, Donnie is a major know-it-all, and why the heck did they hire HIM?!? I mean, he was OK at UConn, but he played 119 games and scored 293 points in his "illustrious" NBA career .... and that chick is really the worst ... no personality whatsoever, and no clue of what she's talking about. Still love Mike, Tommy and Cousey, though, and their blatant Celtic bias!
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *