Author Topic: The all-purpose "feel good" / pep rally / "optimism only" thread  (Read 608045 times)

Re: The all-purpose "feel good" / pep rally / "optimism only" thread
« Reply #825 on: April 05, 2018, 11:21:33 PM »

Offline Thruthelookingglass

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 133
We need a moment to digest the end of Kyrie's season.  It's tough.  We've been treated to an unbelievable season of high and lows.  Right now it feels really low, like the latest surgery is the final blow.  The clouds got darker, the road longer.

But there's a reason for an "optimism" thread. And that's to remember that our team is down, but there's basketball left to play and a hungry bunch of young Celtics ready to play it. 

So when you are ready, it's time.  Time for our young Jays to thrive.  For our bigs to come up bigger.  For our rookies to outplay veterans.  And for fans to turn it up to 11.  It will be time for our team to don the mantel of underdogs, play loose and shock the world.  Time to rage against the dying of the light. 

We've all seen this before, but it is coming time for us to remember. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTv1Dmu5CYc

Who's next indeed!

« Reply #826 on: April 06, 2018, 12:42:28 AM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
For those of us. Who thought the season was over after game one, these playoffs are a wonderful bonus. I am so impressed. By how the bench has stepped up and won games.

Kyrie hurt? No problem.  Each game will be fun from here on out.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #827 on: April 06, 2018, 07:28:28 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
Tatum will win a title in his first year

« Reply #828 on: April 15, 2018, 11:42:51 AM »

Offline Witch-King

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 143
  • "Just do what you do best" - Red Auerbach
https://soundcloud.com/tayo-akomolede/home

Check out my new song -- I've been rapping my tail off and I can ball like crazy, too (I'm 6'10"). The Raptors and their "brand ambassador" will surely be a tough task if we face them, as well as either the Rockets or Warriors but as positive as this season has been it surely doesn't hurt to believe. Kyrie Irving will be back soon; no need to disrespect the Milwaukee Bucks but we do not need to be "caught by surprise" against a young, small market team that wants to establish itself as a playoff contender. I'm hoping we take care of this series quickly and Irving can come back well rested and in great condition; he's a playoff veteran like most of our guys so we need his experience. Good luck and go Celtics!!!
~W. King of Angmar/Dark Lord Sauron, "Sore-on", "Score-on", "Slore-on"/"W. King", "D. Lord" (Wins, Defense)/"W-itch King" (haha), All I do is win, and Cincy - TayoFromOhio 😄

« Reply #829 on: May 15, 2018, 11:12:15 PM »

Offline Witch-King

• Jayson Tatum
Well, this is going good ☘️☘️. Ten years ago was the last time this team won a championship; think about that for a while...
~W. King of Angmar/Dark Lord Sauron, "Sore-on", "Score-on", "Slore-on"/"W. King", "D. Lord" (Wins, Defense)/"W-itch King" (haha), All I do is win, and Cincy - TayoFromOhio 😄

« Reply #830 on: May 20, 2018, 05:14:48 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
C’s are up 2-1, not down 2-1, with HCA.

« Reply #831 on: May 20, 2018, 09:18:00 PM »

Offline Witch-King

• Jayson Tatum
The Celtics may need to win a game in Cleveland in order to put major pressure on the Cavs heading back to Boston. In 2010 the Celtics defeated the Cavs despite them having homecourt advantage due to the outstanding play of the Big 3 and especially Rajon Rondo, who himself outplayed LeBron James en route to a Finals rematch with the Lakers that season. I’m from Ohio and have personally seen LeBron lose the great majority of his finals appearances since his first appearance in 2007 — someone from my city (Cincinnati) joked, asking “do you want LeBron to lose 10 Finals appearances?!” after I previewed a song entitled “Love Love Tayo” from my upcoming rap album (I’m TayoFromOhio, btw) where I mentioned LeBron in the 2nd verse. We all know I’m a Celtics fan and I’m rooting for the Celtics because they did better in the regular season and this is the 10 year anniversary of their championship season. Also, the Celtics have only lost in the Finals 4 times during their entire franchise history, so obviously we wouldn’t want to lose if we went to the Finals, but I think this team is good enough to win Banner 18 this season. I’ll be rooting for the Celtics, but the Defending Champions the Golden State Warriors and the Rockets will be tough if we make it.

The reality of the situation is that if we go to the Finals we should do everything we can to try and win a Championship, because in my opinion it’s better to have a positive Finals record:

;) ☘️☘️...

« Reply #832 on: May 20, 2018, 09:22:36 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
To me all of this is the appetizer. Next year is the main course.

« Reply #833 on: May 21, 2018, 03:22:08 PM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
Some people think that Warriors broke the basketball.
Wait till they see us in the 20ies.
Brads basketball of simultaneity.
Basketball Cubism.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #834 on: May 23, 2018, 01:15:26 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
No foster or brothers on the court tonight
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 01:44:18 PM by rondofan1255 »

« Reply #835 on: May 24, 2018, 02:24:57 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
one game away from the finals (capt. obvious i know)  :laugh:

« Reply #836 on: May 25, 2018, 11:31:17 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
Game 7 with C’s having home court

« Reply #837 on: July 27, 2018, 12:38:26 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
This is the best all around team we have had since 1986.

« Reply #838 on: July 27, 2018, 05:25:16 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
We are winning it this year!
Just a hunch.
Also wishful thinking, logical choice and a classic homer pick.

I love this team, and I can't wait to see how Brad works his magic with them.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #839 on: July 27, 2018, 01:14:24 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
If I knew how to place a reliable, legal bet on the Celtics to win it all this season, I would.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008