Author Topic: Can't Wait To Hear What The Fox Sports Show Hosts/"Experts" Say!  (Read 10033 times)

Re: Can't Wait To Hear What The Fox Sports Show Hosts/"Experts" Say!
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2018, 11:01:56 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Broussard just said Cavs in 6 with Skip and Shannon :o

what a clown

« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2018, 11:03:30 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8magg8eTOOk

Pippen, Pierce, Legler were the only ones I know that picked the Celts to win/have a legit chance

the rest are fools

Especially Bostons own Mazz
I picked the Cavs to beat the C's.

You can make a wrong prediction without being a fool  ;).

« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2018, 11:04:28 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
The way Cleveland just quit in the last 4 minutes was the most striking thing to me.

I don't see them recovering if they face adversity in game 3, this team has such shaky chemistry all year....

« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2018, 11:12:38 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Pippen, Pierce, Legler were the only ones I know that picked the Celts to win/have a legit chance

the rest are fools

Picking is one thing (and odds/past indication is that the Cavs have the edge).  But stating that the Celts stand no chance....that is something else

« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2018, 11:22:03 AM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • The voice of reason

the rest are fools

Picking is one thing (and odds/past indication is that the Cavs have the edge).  But stating that the Celts stand no chance....that is something else

Or updating your prediction as more facts emerge...

« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2018, 11:26:25 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 638
  • MASTER OF PANIC
I think the mainstream media and most non Cs fans think the Cavs will still win this series. They all believe LeBrick will carry them over the finish line.

I just don't think he has enough around him this time. I think Boston gets at least a split in Cleveland...hopefully game 3 first.

« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2018, 11:29:25 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
Obviously a lot of people missed on this one, sports talks shows, bettors, general fans, you name it.  How did it happen?

I think Milwaukee is better than people think (better than I realized, that is for sure).  We beat them but did not get much credit for it, it was just Milwaukee.

Boston proved to be much better than Philly but somehow that went under the radar.  It was more about how Philly lost than how Boston won.  Or to put it another way, the thinking was Philly wasn't as good as everyone thought instead of Boston is better than people thought.

The Cavs swept the Raptors.  Swept what was perceived as a very good team.  CLE appeared to be hitting on all cylinders.  They were hot.

Add this up and of course most people thought CLE would roll over the Celtics.  I am actually more surprised by how bad the Cavs have been more than how good the Celtics have been,but I am surprised by both.  How could that team have swept Toronto?  I still don't get it.

In terms of the Celtics, I am the most surprised and impressed by Jaylen Brown.  To be this young and to play this well in the playoffs is remarkable.  More impressive than Tatum and plenty has been said about Tatum.  Rozier has also had his moments but he has not been as consistently good as Brown or even Tatum.  Horford, Smart, Morris have all been good also but I kind of expect it from them.  I am not surprised by their play but certainly happy to see them play well.

« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2018, 11:31:24 AM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • The voice of reason
I think the mainstream media and most non Cs fans think the Cavs will still win this series. They all believe LeBrick will carry them over the finish line.

The problem for this argument is that I'm pretty sure Game 2 was the best that LeBron can do. Everything that he was throwing up was going in (and these were low percentage shots). People are questioning why he pulled his foot off the gas and didn't go for the kill in the 2nd half. It was obvious to me that he looked gassed in the 2nd quarter. This is usually when Kyrie takes over. He has no one else on this team that can create their own shot. I don't think that he can perform better than this at his age.

I honestly think that it is a realistic outcome that the Cavs get swept (either in 4 or the gentlemen's in 5).

I think Milwaukee is better than people think (better than I realized, that is for sure).  We beat them but did not get much credit for it, it was just Milwaukee.

I completely agree. I mentioned prior to the Sixers series that the Bucks PLAYED better than the Sixers are currently playing and that I didn't expect the Sixers to beat us. I was mocked by a few of the people on this forum who seem to believe that Embiid and Simmons are already superstars (I don't even have Simmons as a top 50 player and I'd put Embiid top 30, behind Horford).

« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2018, 11:32:33 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 638
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Felt all along that Philly was a much tough match up for Boston than Cleveland is. Philly has a legit center, four or five guys that can make 3s and Simmons is a tough match up

What does Cleveland have other than LBJ? Love? He a stationary shooter now that occasionally runs the back door cut. Not really a tough cover.

« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2018, 11:36:46 AM »

Offline MVPPierceNoJoke

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
The way Cleveland just quit in the last 4 minutes was the most striking thing to me.

I don't see them recovering if they face adversity in game 3, this team has such shaky chemistry all year....
We have all the dogs. I think the Celts will be on a mission in Cleveland. Could we see LeBron revert back to the LeBron "quitting" on the Heat?

« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2018, 11:55:30 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

Shades of 2010. Really feels similar except we're the younger team now.

« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2018, 12:48:08 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

The value of Lebron's next contract: $35+ million.

The cost of Lebron's Cavs jersey that he throws in the trash while running down the hallway towards the locker room after losing to the Celts in 4 or 5: $300+

The look on his Lebron's face while running down that hallway: priceless!

More fun than watching Lebron quit on his team on the court is seeing Lebron quit on his franchise. Just love it.

« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2018, 12:49:52 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427

The value of Lebron's next contract: $35+ million.

The cost of Lebron's Cavs jersey that he throws in the trash while running down the hallway towards the locker room after losing to the Celts in 4 or 5: $300+

The look on his Lebron's face while running down that hallway: priceless!

More fun than watching Lebron quit on his team on the court is seeing Lebron quit on his franchise. Just love it.

after game 1, i was afraid of a 2012 ECF Game 6 LeBron, what we got was 2010 ECF Game 6 LeBron, both scored a crap ton of points, but the latter ended up losing and coughed up 5+ TO

« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2018, 01:25:32 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
Broussard just said Cavs in 6 with Skip and Shannon :o

what a clown
To be fair, he also said that were he betting his house, he'd pick the celtics.  Of course, now he's talking out of both sides of his mouth, making him an even bigger tool.

« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2018, 01:28:53 PM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • The voice of reason
The media is in a unique dilemma, similar with what is happening with Donald Trump. When you have a public figure as extremely thin skinned as LeBron and Trump, you risk losing access by criticizing them in any form. So you have a lot of media figures who will never, ever criticize them. Broussard is one of them. Shannon Sharpe is another. Then there are media figures who just don't care about having access like SAS, Skip. While they have their own faulty opinions (as others), at least you know they aren't in the athlete's pocket.

I fully predict Broussard to do his normal tour of "Cavs in 6." The moment it is obvious that LeBron will not win, you will not see him until next year OR he's going to throw the rest of the team under the bus.
Don't forget Lebron's personal media puppet, Brian Windhorst.

Yeah, I was trying to remember his name.

It's really hard to watch the awkwardness of him and Broussard when asked a tough question about LeBron. It looks like they're calculating how much money a wrong answer will cost them before giving the weakest non-answer possible. At least Sharpe approaches it from a comical standpoint and I don't think he's in LeBron's pocket. They just seem to be good friends... and I think that Sharpe is hilarious.