Author Topic: TRADE IDEAS  (Read 15440 times)

Re: TRADE IDEAS
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2020, 06:06:32 PM »

Offline mrceltics2013

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 15
I mean this all doesn’t matter unless Harris wants to leave the Nets. If Harris want to leave the Nets and the Celtics are interested and offered this package I feel like it’s a fair trade.

« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2020, 06:13:14 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
I’ll say first I’m all for keeping the team together, and work on improving around the edges.

Saying that here is what I came up with.

Hayward, Theis, and the 14th pick to GS for Wiggins and the 2nd pick.

Hayward (if healthy) and Wiggins are similar scorers, but Hayward brings the added dimension of better playmaking, a little better 3 pt shooting, and maybe defense (Wiggins defense in the past at least wasn’t great).

This would maximize GS’s short run with Curry, Thompson, and Green getting older, with a very good starting 5 and giving Hayward a fresh start, and they still get an end of the lottery pick knowing the top of the draft isn’t as good as in years past.

Wiggins does seem like an empty stats guy, but he is still only 25.  Maybe Stevens can help Wiggins lift his game more, and he is more in line with the Brown and Tatum timeline. Could end up being a dynamic 3 wing offense for years to come with hope for more (maybe Langford adding to the mix). Losing Theis hurts, but maybe with the 2nd pick we go after Wiseman, or another direction if we give R Williams more run and use our mid level exception on a center.

« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2020, 06:19:07 PM »

Offline mrceltics2013

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 15
I’ll say first I’m all for keeping the team together, and work on improving around the edges.

Hayward (if healthy) and Wiggins are similar scorers, but Hayward brings the added dimension of better playmaking, a little better 3 pt shooting, and maybe defense (Wiggins defense in the past at least wasn’t great).

This would maximize GS’s short run with Curry, Thompson, and Green getting older, with a very good starting 5 and giving Hayward a fresh start, and they still get an end of the lottery pick knowing the top of the draft isn’t as good as in years past.

Wiggins does seem like an empty stats guy, but he is still only 25.  Maybe Stevens can help Wiggins lift his game more, and he is more in line with the Brown and Tatum timeline. Could end up being a dynamic 3 wing offense for years to come with hope for more (maybe Langford adding to the mix). Losing Theis hurts, but maybe with the 2nd pick we go after Wiseman, or another direction if we give R Williams more run and use our mid level exception on a center.

If I was GS I’m just getting my team back and none of them have played ball in a year. There is no telling how they will look when they return, so I wouldn’t trade for another player whose the exact same way. I’d rather just draft Melo than take on Hayward. Plus the Sixers and Houston are in turmoil so there are definitely better offers for their asset.

« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2020, 06:31:30 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen

If I was GS I’m just getting my team back and none of them have played ball in a year. There is no telling how they will look when they return, so I wouldn’t trade for another player whose the exact same way. I’d rather just draft Melo than take on Hayward. Plus the Sixers and Houston are in turmoil so there are definitely better offers for their asset.

Yeah they probably will get a lot of offers for a possible Wiggins and 2nd pick trade.  It will be interesting to see what offers they get, but this offer at least fills the 2 holes in their starting lineup.  It’s not like time is on the Warriors side to develop a rookie while trying to maximize the end of their 3 stars primes.

Could potentially pay off big for us too down the road.

« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2020, 06:31:37 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Wiggins would further exacerbate the team's lack of passing. The guy is a black hole who wants to shoot 15-20 times a game to get his 20ppg.

I reckon Wiggins would be a terrible fit next to Jaylen and Tatum. 3 guys who are all scorers none of whom are natural passers. It would be very difficult to build a strong passing a team around those 3 guys who are taking 50 shots a game between them.

« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2020, 06:38:51 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
Wiggins would further exacerbate the team's lack of passing. The guy is a black hole who wants to shoot 15-20 times a game to get his 20ppg.

I reckon Wiggins would be a terrible fit next to Jaylen and Tatum. 3 guys who are all scorers none of whom are natural passers. It would be very difficult to build a strong passing a team around those 3 guys who are taking 50 shots a game between them.

Yeah that was my worry too, but we have seen Tatum’s and Brown’s passing improve by leaps and bounds under Stevens. Maybe Wiggins could improve in those areas too.  That is the risk, but you also move up to the 2nd pick where maybe Ainge eyes someone he really wants.

« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2020, 07:35:19 PM »

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 983
I know it's not a huge trade but what about Thomas Byrant  from the wizards.
https://www.bulletsforever.com/2020/8/9/21360311/wizards-bryant-brown-trade

Thies and semi for Bryant?

Theis is better defensively and would fit in with Beal and wall coming back. Semi could be the 3 and D piece they need off the bench.

For Boston Bryant is very good offensively all they way out to 3pt land shooting 40%. His defense is improving but not great but a rotation of Bryant and timelord might be good combo.

« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2020, 07:38:39 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386

Yeah that was my worry too, but we have seen Tatum’s and Brown’s passing improve by leaps and bounds under Stevens. Maybe Wiggins could improve in those areas too.  That is the risk, but you also move up to the 2nd pick where maybe Ainge eyes someone he really wants.

I don't think Golden State would do that.  But if they did, then the C's should trade down from #2 (unless the brass loves Wiseman) for Okongwu or Toppin or Halliburton.

Divert Wiggins to Indian for Turner....

Would Atlanta take Grant Williams, #30 and #2 for John Collins and #6? 

Kemba, Smart, Waters
Brown, Smart, Romeo
Tatum, Brown, Romeo, Green
Collins, Tatum, Tillman (pick 26)
Okongwu, Turner (starts until Okongwu ready to start), R. Williams, Kanter

« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2020, 07:52:16 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
Posted this in the worng thread earlier.

https://tradenba.com/trades/LIHzJUNob

DeMar DeRozan + Derrick White for Hayward + the 26th Pick

San Antonio resets while still remaining watchable and retains the option to re-sign Hayward

Pro
DeRozan adds a new dimension of shot creation at the end of games and Derrick White is an accomplished shooter.
DeRozan can be extended if he does well or just cut ties if it doesn't.

Con
Many will feel DeRozan will just gunk up the offense and take shots away from Tatum and Brown.

Edit: Not saying I am for or against the trade but its an interesting concept.

« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2020, 07:54:52 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Nets: Kemba, Thesis, 14th and Milwaukee Pick
Bos: Joe Harris, Dinwiddie, J, Allen

Kemba goes home AND plays for a contender.

Celtics get a shooter, center, and another PG
again, have to think of Both teams.

Brooklyn, with Kyrie Irving on the roster, will not be trading for an undersized score first point guard.
Isn’t the name of the game to put the ball in the bucket? Aren’t teams starting to go small? You must not like Dame - McCollum at all then.

I’m a FIRM believer if Kyrie went to Houston instead of Westbrook that lakers series would look a whole lot different. That Kemba, Durant, Kyrie fire power would be crazy.

Plus they are getting Theis and a lottery pick.
How well has having two undersized guards who don't play defence worked for Portland? Even with two undersized guards that do play defence in Toronto it didn't work - worked when they started Green and had Kawhi.

That Brooklyn team would have arguably the worst perimeter defence in the competition. Any sort of off-ball screening movement offence (Miami, Golden State) would crush those two.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2020, 07:59:20 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150

San Antonio resets while still remaining watchable and retains the option to re-sign Hayward

Pro
DeRozan adds a new dimension of shot creation at the end of games and Derrick White is an accomplished shooter.

Con
Many will feel DeRozan will just gunk up the offense and take shots away from Tatum and Brown.

Isn't DeRozan like a hundred?

« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2020, 08:35:46 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
More realistic, but not necessarily ones I'd do:

https://tradenba.com/trades/WAT9mRvSQ

Boston sends: Hayward, Kanter, #26

Orlando sends: Vucevic + Ross

https://tradenba.com/trades/RBITB2kPi

Boston sends: Kemba Walker

Dallas sends: Seth Curry, Tim Hardaway Jr., Justin Jackson, #18

Less realistic:

https://tradenba.com/trades/_Uk1QqChj

Boston sends: Kemba, Langford, Rob Williams, Carsen Edwards, #30

Pelicans send: Holiday, Redick

Completely unrealistic, and really just me mucking around in the trade machine.

https://tradenba.com/trades/H0C3acSd2

Boston sends: Kemba, Hayward, #14, 2021 1st, 2023 1st
Boston receives: James Harden

Houston sends: James Harden
Houston receives: Hayward, Randle, #8, #14, 2021 Boston 1st, 2023 Boston 1st

New York sends: Julius Randle, #8
New York receives: Kemba

Imagine a 4 of Harden-Smart-Brown-Tatum and then using the money we suddenly have to try and find a better big man!
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2020, 09:41:15 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Hayward our three firsts this year Langford and Edward to Indy.

Oladipo and Turner to Boston.

« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2020, 10:12:35 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
More realistic, but not necessarily ones I'd do:

https://tradenba.com/trades/WAT9mRvSQ

Boston sends: Hayward, Kanter, #26

Orlando sends: Vucevic + Ross

This is an interesting one. I have little interest in Ross but I presume he is necessary as a cap makeweight. So Hayward for Vucevic. Gives Boston one of the top offensive centers in the league. Low post arsenal + midrange scoring + perimeter scoring + high post passing + interior passing. One of the most versatile and skillful centers in the league today.

Vucevic would certainly help Boston to stop being so reliant on perimeter play for offense. Give them some more balance to their offensive attack. And also re-create the high post big man passing that Boston has lost with the departure of Al Horford.

I don't know. I love Hayward. Then again, Hayward's health is an ongoing issue. They are fairly similar talent wise. Both just a tad outside All-Star level. I love that Hayward gives us 3 offensively talented forwards that nobody can hide a bad defender on. I hate to give that up.

G: Kemba
G: Smart
F: Jaylen
F: Tatum
C: Vucevic

Very tempting. A different sort of team. Smart gets to play more minutes as a starter than a 6th man which is great because he's awesome. Lose that forward matchup nightmare. Hard to decide.

Boston sends: Kemba Walker

Dallas sends: Seth Curry, Tim Hardaway Jr., Justin Jackson, #18

I don't understand the reasoning to this one. Do we think Tim Hardaway Jr and Seth Curry can provide this team more than Kemba Walker?

I rate Seth Curry as a medium level bench piece and I do not rate Tim Hardaway Jr as much more than that either. Hardaway has shown himself to be quite destructive to team's offenses with his black-hole mentality when not coupled with a ball-dominant (helio-centric) type facilitator (to control his negative decision making and limit his downsides - and limit him to a smaller role offensively in which he can succeed) which Boston does not have.

What is the possible upside to this deal?

Less realistic:

https://tradenba.com/trades/_Uk1QqChj

Boston sends: Kemba, Langford, Rob Williams, Carsen Edwards, #30

Pelicans send: Holiday, Redick

I love this idea! Jrue Holiday would be a fantastic target for this team. You lose some offensively but you gain defensive versatility. The idea of Jrue and Smart in the same backcourt - oh baby!

I love the idea of a Kemba for Jrue based trade.

I do not see that as unrealistic. Kemba I would expect would be generally considered the superior player. The addition of Redick to the deal for youth is perhaps unrealisitic -- but I'd be interested in this deal without Redick and the youth. A Kemba for Jrue swap.

Thanks for all the ideas!
All were fun to think about.

« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2020, 10:22:22 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith

Pro

Con

No interest in DeMar DeRozan. We need more team passing and less isolation based scoring. Not less team passing and more isolation based scoring. That is the wrong direction.

DeRozan is fantastic to mention because I was thinking about him and the Raptors offense in the "should Brad Stevens be fired" thread the other day. Boston's offense right now reminds me of the Raptors pre-title in so far as they are both lacking in team passing and are over-reliant on one-on-one basketball.

Toronto helped fix that (post-DeRozan) by bringing in Marc Gasol (high post facilitator) to play alongside Kyle Lowry. They helped create the basis for team passing on that title winning team alongside a top iso player in Kawhi and supporting star who plays off the ball a lot in Siakam.

Relative to Boston think:
Lowry is Kemba
Kawhi is Tatum
Siakam is Jaylen

Who is our Marc Gasol?

Marc Gasol only scored 10ppg in that title run but he kept that ball moving. Kept everyone else involved. Rotated the angles of their attacks. His passing was a key to their offense. Since Al Horford left, Boston lacks that element to their offense and due to that has become almost totally reliant on on-ball perimeter based attacks that opponents can load up on.