Author Topic: The Athletic Article on 8 Draft Sleepers - Azuolas Tubelis  (Read 5896 times)

Re: The Athletic Article on 8 Draft Sleepers - Azuolas Tubelis
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2023, 07:37:25 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421
Why isn't Keyontae Johnson a lottery pick?

Good size. Great build. Athletic. Tough competitor. Two way player. Can drive, can shoot.
He was going to be prior to his collapse on-court, and subsequent difficulty getting cleared to play. If, and it's a big if, we are comfortable with his heart, I would love him. I think he can be a starter for years

I agree if he is medically cleared and passes a back round check (was accused in 2022 of sexual assault) he is a great pick in the early 2nd.

Philosophically it will be interesting to see how BS handles this #35 pick. If TJD is available he is to good a fit to pass on, if not I expect them to draft a wing.  At that point in the draft it will likely be a ceiling vs floor decision. Johnson 23.1yr, Jaquez 22.3yr, Brown 23.5yr, Jackson JR 21.6yr or possibly Ben Shppard 21.9yr could all go in the 30-40 range and represent more NBA ready to contribute prospects. GG Jackson 18.5yr (espn has him mocked #35) Cissoko 19.2yr, Phillips 19.6yr, Walsh 19.3yr, Livingston 19.7, or Bates 19.4yr are also options at that point but are much longer term projects who will undoubtedly spend a significant amount of time in Maine next season.

I personally prefer the swing on ceiling and assume that the majority of the 21+ prospects available will not be able to beat our Hauser next season for minutes. If thats the case I'd rather see an elite athlete type wing developing in Maine and hopefully contributing the following season with the hope being that he further develops into a true rotational player.     
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2023, 08:06:30 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Why isn't Keyontae Johnson a lottery pick?

Good size. Great build. Athletic. Tough competitor. Two way player. Can drive, can shoot.
He was going to be prior to his collapse on-court, and subsequent difficulty getting cleared to play. If, and it's a big if, we are comfortable with his heart, I would love him. I think he can be a starter for years

I agree if he is medically cleared and passes a back round check (was accused in 2022 of sexual assault) he is a great pick in the early 2nd.

Philosophically it will be interesting to see how BS handles this #35 pick. If TJD is available he is to good a fit to pass on, if not I expect them to draft a wing.  At that point in the draft it will likely be a ceiling vs floor decision. Johnson 23.1yr, Jaquez 22.3yr, Brown 23.5yr, Jackson JR 21.6yr or possibly Ben Shppard 21.9yr could all go in the 30-40 range and represent more NBA ready to contribute prospects. GG Jackson 18.5yr (espn has him mocked #35) Cissoko 19.2yr, Phillips 19.6yr, Walsh 19.3yr, Livingston 19.7, or Bates 19.4yr are also options at that point but are much longer term projects who will undoubtedly spend a significant amount of time in Maine next season.

I personally prefer the swing on ceiling and assume that the majority of the 21+ prospects available will not be able to beat our Hauser next season for minutes. If thats the case I'd rather see an elite athlete type wing developing in Maine and hopefully contributing the following season with the hope being that he further develops into a true rotational player.     
Didn’t know about the SA allegation. Disappointing.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2023, 11:54:16 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2406
I was looking up the pre draft measurements. Amari Bailey did measure in at 6 foot 3 and a quarter inch rather than 6-5.

So combo guard size. Not two guard size.