Author Topic: 2017-18 Lakers Season Watch Thread (27-34, 10th Slot on 3/2)  (Read 221830 times)

Re: 2017-2018 LA Lakers Season Watch Thread
« Reply #480 on: November 18, 2017, 01:20:16 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Lakers face the nuggets on Sunday. The nuggets dropped 146 pts on the pelicans lol. It should be the same story because Lakers don't play good defense

After that they face:

Bulls
Kings
Clips
Warriors
Nuggets
Rockets

That's 5 probable losses in their next 7 games. This is mostly before their brutal December schedule.

« Reply #481 on: November 18, 2017, 01:25:15 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
Lakers face the nuggets on Sunday. The nuggets dropped 146 pts on the pelicans lol. It should be the same story because Lakers don't play good defense

After that they face:

Bulls
Kings
Clips
Warriors
Nuggets
Rockets

That's 5 probable losses in their next 7 games. This is mostly before their brutal December schedule.

Bulls and Kings both coming off wins.

I said all along I believe in this pick.  I still believe.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #482 on: November 18, 2017, 01:26:08 AM »

Offline slightly biased bias fan

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 310
Suns after not even trying last night go to Lakerland and win by double digits. Starting to feel a little better about this pick.
plus they’re benching Lonzo down the stretch. Weird. Lol. That team is falling apart

What I find hilarious is that after Magic’s continuous snaps about Russell’s lack of leadership and praising Lonzo’s, tonight’s game ended with a scuffle and while his players were getting swarmed by Suns’ Lonzo literally walked away from it to the bench completely unconcerned.

« Reply #483 on: November 18, 2017, 01:34:51 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge

After that they face:

Bulls
Kings
Clips
Warriors
Nuggets
Rockets

Bulls and Kings both coming off wins.

I said all along I believe in this pick.  I still believe.
same. THey face the warriors 3 times in next month and rockets 2 times in the next 40 days

« Reply #484 on: November 18, 2017, 11:58:24 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Looking at it, the Lakers are currently the 8th worst team in the league, BUT.. I highly doubt the Hornets and Clippers will stay this bad for long (even if they are mediocre, they will improve over time in the season).

Then, it's pretty much between LAL, ATL, PHO, SAC, CHI & DAL, and hoping LAL are even worse than a few of these teams.

Unfortunately, I just think DAL and CHI are destined to be absolutely horrid all season and will blatantly tank, so maybe a few of ATL/PHO/SAC overachieve a bit and help us out?

Either way it looks like if this pick conveys, it will be #4 or #5 at best, unless the ping pong balls bless us again.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #485 on: November 18, 2017, 12:49:21 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
If you look at the Lakers schedule for December I wouldn’t be surprised if they lose every game.  It’s a really tough schedule. 

I think the Suns could surpass the Lakers.  The Mavs are stuck on 2 wins 4 wins away from the Lakers , and I think it’s going to be really tough for them to catch the Lakers.  I hope 2 out of the Hawks, Bulls, and Kings catch the Lakers.  The Bulls will be getting Lavine back so that should help their scoring at least, the Hawks have good coaching, and the Kings only 2 wins away at 4.

If it’s the Mavs, one of those 3 teams, and the Lakers ending up as the bottom 3 teams I will feel much better about our pick conveying.

« Reply #486 on: November 18, 2017, 01:13:52 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Here is hoping Lonzo plays 40 minutes a game as well.

I don't expect the pick to convey and if it does, I will be super excited for us! Easier this way for me not to get disappointed if we miss out. Plus, I truly don't want to be watching results of every Lakers game hoping for losses. I want them to lose, but even watching their results leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth! :) Can you imagine if we got the 2nd pick in this next draft? How insane that would be. We need a big body young to join our squad for sure.

« Reply #487 on: November 18, 2017, 02:53:41 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
I hear Julius Randle is demanding a max contract LOL

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #488 on: November 18, 2017, 03:04:02 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386

Where did you see this? This is hilarious if true

« Reply #489 on: November 18, 2017, 06:55:14 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990

Where did you see this? This is hilarious if true

Oh wait nevermind. It was just an old post that got bumped on FB that I saw. It was about contract extension and it died down apparently.

Buuuut just speculations: https://twitter.com/billoram/status/930996294696316928
Take it however ya want. He took a shot at the Lakers  ;D

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #490 on: November 18, 2017, 11:01:59 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
Lakers officially now have 7th worst record, with brutal schedule coming up.

Playing the lottery on http://www.tankathon.com is really fun because you can see the pick convert occasionally from lakers to the Celtics lol. Chances are against us right now but they should lose more.

Also chances are looking better than earlier in the season so far for our pick.

« Reply #491 on: November 18, 2017, 11:24:35 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
So, if Denver do the job tomorrow on the Lakers, and the Suns can topple the Bulls trainwreck, we officially enter the ZONE OF PICK CONVEY...

Woot...

P.S Then when the Clippers inevitably start winning games again, pick goes to 4th with only Dallas, Chicago, Sac, and Atlanta worse. Probably stays that way, although after today's game, I wouldn't be surprised if Atlanta win a fair amount of games this year...

GIVE ME THAT SECOND PICK IN THE DRAFT. GIIIIIIVE IT. GIVIT. GIVE. GIMME. GIVE. I want to rule ALL of these lands, I want Alacazar.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #492 on: November 18, 2017, 11:41:36 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
So, if Denver do the job tomorrow on the Lakers, and the Suns can topple the Bulls trainwreck, we officially enter the ZONE OF PICK CONVEY...

Woot...

P.S Then when the Clippers inevitably start winning games again, pick goes to 4th with only Dallas, Chicago, Sac, and Atlanta worse. Probably stays that way, although after today's game, I wouldn't be surprised if Atlanta win a fair amount of games this year...

GIVE ME THAT SECOND PICK IN THE DRAFT. GIIIIIIVE IT. GIVIT. GIVE. GIMME. GIVE. I want to rule ALL of these lands, I want Alacazar.
that works perfectly cuz we need them 4th too. I think someone Said it gives us the best chances at 2 and 3 it if any other position

« Reply #493 on: November 18, 2017, 11:45:13 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!

Woot...

that works perfectly cuz we need them 4th too. I think someone Said it gives us the best chances at 2 and 3 it if any other position

Really? How so?
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #494 on: November 18, 2017, 11:59:51 PM »

Offline slightly biased bias fan

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 310
If we could get that second pick and somehow get Bagley OMG, tell the league to shut it down for 4-5 years because it's ours. Bagley III is the perfect guy for us, he's extremely raw and makes mistakes but is still putting up 20 10 in college, he would come off the bench for Horford/Tatum and within 2-3 years we can just just replace the aging Horford with Bagley III. He really reminds me of Bosh/Durant hybrid, his body is very reminiscent of Bosh but the way he moves is a very similar to Durant.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 12:13:36 AM by slightly biased bias fan »