Author Topic: NFL Superbowl LV Thread  (Read 24715 times)

Re: NFL Superbowl LV Thread
« Reply #225 on: February 08, 2021, 10:27:08 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
That was the worst game I have ever seen. There's a reason why gambling is the ultimate sin in sports. The game needs to look legitimate. This game was fixed by the refs. I checked out in the third quarter when Sue got away with elbowing Mahones to the head. I actually went outside to shovel than watch the rest of that garbage. The league should be ambarassed by what the referees were allowed to get away with. There needs to be an immediate investigation.

How much did you have on the Chiefs?

I didn't bet. However, I have these things called eyes.

This Super Bowl was less legitimate than the 2002 Western Conference Finals between the Kings and Lakers.
RIGGED! 

Hilarious people believe that the NFL would rig a game against Mahomes and for Brady who has already sued them.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #226 on: February 08, 2021, 10:31:18 AM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
That was the worst game I have ever seen. There's a reason why gambling is the ultimate sin in sports. The game needs to look legitimate. This game was fixed by the refs. I checked out in the third quarter when Sue got away with elbowing Mahones to the head. I actually went outside to shovel than watch the rest of that garbage. The league should be ambarassed by what the referees were allowed to get away with. There needs to be an immediate investigation.

This Super Bowl was less legitimate than the 2002 Western Conference Finals between the Kings and Lakers.

For a 31-9 game?  Thanks for the good laugh this morning.

Sorry, I can't help you if you don't understand the significance of multiple bad calls against the same team. The Chiefs stopped the Bucs multiple times on third downs in the first half, and the refs bailed the Bucs out each time with lame calls (superstar phantom calls in basketball). Your crazy if you think the Bucs secondary didn't get away with holding, which would have given the D-line more time to get to Mahomes. And each time the refs bailed out the Bucs offense, it prevented the Chiefs from getting the ball themselves. Heck, even Tony Romo was mentioning the significance of defensive penalties and how it increases the chances of the offense scoring. The halftime crew was mentioning how the refs were too involved in the game in favor of Tampa and should just be letting the players play.

« Reply #227 on: February 08, 2021, 10:36:23 AM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Teams will do the same as the Bucs did last night against Mahomes..so they better invest in some Offensive lineman
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #228 on: February 08, 2021, 10:56:50 AM »

Offline MarcusSmartFanClub

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 59

Sorry, I can't help you if you don't understand the significance of multiple bad calls against the same team. The Chiefs stopped the Bucs multiple times on third downs in the first half, and the refs bailed the Bucs out each time with lame calls (superstar phantom calls in basketball). Your crazy if you think the Bucs secondary didn't get away with holding, which would have given the D-line more time to get to Mahomes. And each time the refs bailed out the Bucs offense, it prevented the Chiefs from getting the ball themselves. Heck, even Tony Romo was mentioning the significance of defensive penalties and how it increases the chances of the offense scoring. The halftime crew was mentioning how the refs were too involved in the game in favor of Tampa and should just be letting the players play.

At no point last night did the Chiefs look like they deserved to be on the same field as TB.

TB's defense was the key. They were disciplined and played quick. Meanwhile Honey Badger & co. were holding all day b/c they were out of position. If the Chiefs don't commit penalties, those guys are open for TDs.

Mahomes was dinged up. The Chiefs defense looked bad. I didn't think the refs were a significant factor in a 31-9 loss.

« Reply #229 on: February 08, 2021, 11:33:52 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be

Sure, whatever you say.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #230 on: February 08, 2021, 11:40:16 AM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
Teams will do the same as the Bucs did last night against Mahomes..so they better invest in some Offensive lineman

They'll have a lot of work to do in general with the roster now. A good number of FA's that could potentially depart (including 2-3 O-Lineman who are FAs), and I believe they are now 10M over the cap after all the extensions they made to Mahomes, Kelce, etc.

Yeah, they could play around the cap rules a bit and restructure deals and all that (as Belichick and many others tend to do). But I think 2022-2023 will be the year they really feel the cap hell. They'll have Mahomes, but I doubt they'll have this much talent around them two years from now.

"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #231 on: February 08, 2021, 12:52:26 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Kraft was at the superbowl rooting for Brady

He brought 76 Healthcare workers from Boston to watch the game

https://www.tmz.com/2021/02/07/michael-rubin-robert-kraft-super-bowl-suite-tampa-alex-rodriguez-shaquille-oneal-cardi-b/

« Reply #232 on: February 08, 2021, 02:10:32 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

KC was sloppy and deserved the penalties.  There were many other holding calls by offensive linemen of KC that the refs ignored until the end of the game. Sour grapes. 

« Reply #233 on: February 08, 2021, 02:14:20 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
whelp should have kept Tom ...Bill screwed up.

Pop was smart and kept Tim Duncan the duration

« Reply #234 on: February 08, 2021, 02:31:29 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Kraft was at the superbowl rooting for Brady

He brought 76 Healthcare workers from Boston to watch the game

https://www.tmz.com/2021/02/07/michael-rubin-robert-kraft-super-bowl-suite-tampa-alex-rodriguez-shaquille-oneal-cardi-b/

Nice gesture for the healthcare workers

Otherwise, kind of weird for Kraft to attend

« Reply #235 on: February 08, 2021, 02:50:44 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325

KC was sloppy and deserved the penalties.  There were many other holding calls by offensive linemen of KC that the refs ignored until the end of the game. Sour grapes.

Also, KC got away with a lot of holds in earlier rounds of the playoffs, which they shouldn't have gotten away with. KC secondary holds a LOT.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #236 on: February 08, 2021, 02:59:37 PM »

Offline MarcusSmartFanClub

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 59

I'm not sure what the multiple bad calls were.

I thought the one on Mike Evans was PI. How are we supposed to know that he wouldn't have caught that ball before being tripped (defender wasn't looking back)?

It's not shocking that KC got called for holding. They were missing a couple of starting O-lineman.

« Reply #237 on: February 08, 2021, 06:46:26 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Was it the refs who held KC without a touchdown? Was it the refs who made Mahomes play terribly on third downs? Was it the refs who made Brady & the Bucs power run game slice up the middle of the field?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2021, 06:50:48 PM by Roy H. »
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #238 on: February 09, 2021, 10:44:32 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #239 on: February 09, 2021, 11:17:02 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team