Author Topic: NFL 2020 Season  (Read 69905 times)

Re: NFL 2020 Season
« Reply #240 on: November 11, 2020, 09:48:10 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1548
Man, people are so fickle when it comes to player evaluation. One week they can be an MVP candidate, the next they are washed up. Brady had a terrible game, no doubt, but it was just one game. People are so ready to jump down players' throats. Are Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, and Russell Wilson washed up too? Because they've all had at least one nightmare game this season. Of course, idiots who still use "muh cliff theory" unironically will jump at anytime when Brady plays poorly, but I don't think it's fair.
Brady has been deteriorating for years.  And the 2nd half of last season he was pretty bad. Even in the playoffs he hasn't been an uber elite QB since the 2018 playoff run (culminating in the loss to the Eagles - though Brady was very good in the game).  I mean the Superbowl win over the Rams he didn't throw a TD, had an INT and fumbled.  The Rams were just more inept.  The great games from Brady are more the aberration than the bad ones at this point in his career.  Which is all to be expected.  He is old with a ton of miles on that arm.  The more he uses it the more it wears down. 

The Bucs will make the playoffs, but they aren't going to be in the Superbowl. Collectively their coach, QB, and team just aren't good enough.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #241 on: November 23, 2020, 02:12:20 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1616
  • What a Pub Should Be
This is awful news.

Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
·
2m
MRI revealed more damage than anticipated: Bengals’ QB Joe Burrow tore his ACL, MCL, and suffered other structural issues in his knee as well, per
@Ben_Baby
 and me.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #242 on: November 23, 2020, 02:13:15 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Yuck. Terrible.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #243 on: November 23, 2020, 02:25:11 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Man, people are so fickle when it comes to player evaluation. One week they can be an MVP candidate, the next they are washed up. Brady had a terrible game, no doubt, but it was just one game. People are so ready to jump down players' throats. Are Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, and Russell Wilson washed up too? Because they've all had at least one nightmare game this season. Of course, idiots who still use "muh cliff theory" unironically will jump at anytime when Brady plays poorly, but I don't think it's fair.
Brady has been deteriorating for years.  And the 2nd half of last season he was pretty bad. Even in the playoffs he hasn't been an uber elite QB since the 2018 playoff run (culminating in the loss to the Eagles - though Brady was very good in the game).  I mean the Superbowl win over the Rams he didn't throw a TD, had an INT and fumbled.  The Rams were just more inept.  The great games from Brady are more the aberration than the bad ones at this point in his career.  Which is all to be expected.  He is old with a ton of miles on that arm.  The more he uses it the more it wears down. 

The Bucs will make the playoffs, but they aren't going to be in the Superbowl. Collectively their coach, QB, and team just aren't good enough.
Brady has thrown for 23 TDs and 7 INTs. If he throws for 300 yds tonight he will be leading the league in passing yards. He is one of the toughest guys to sack in the league. His advanced QB ratings have him just outside the top ten and could go higher depending on how he plays tonight.

The idea that Brady isn't playing well enough to win a SB this year is kinda ludicrous given how he has been playing.

« Reply #244 on: November 23, 2020, 03:02:50 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
This is awful news.

Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
·
2m
MRI revealed more damage than anticipated: Bengals’ QB Joe Burrow tore his ACL, MCL, and suffered other structural issues in his knee as well, per
@Ben_Baby
 and me.
Hate seeing great QB talent cut down by bad o-lines. Awful.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #245 on: November 23, 2020, 03:36:44 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Yikes, that sounds like a radical knee repair needed for Burrow.  Gonna be a long road back.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #246 on: November 23, 2020, 10:20:59 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
Forget about the awful New England Patriots, what is wrong down in Tampa tonight.

Maybe Brady is cooked. Bruce Arians should be fired. That defense looks atrocious.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #247 on: November 23, 2020, 10:46:01 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
Brady's pass got battered by a DT, he caught it, and then threw it to a receiver that ended up catching it? Has anyone ever see that happen?  :o
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #248 on: November 23, 2020, 11:48:52 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
Rams finally beat Tom Brady. Wowww  :o

« Reply #249 on: November 23, 2020, 11:57:30 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
The way the Bucs have been playing this year...for sure lose next week at home against Patrick Mahomes lol.

« Reply #250 on: November 29, 2020, 06:06:56 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
The way the Bucs have been playing this year...for sure lose next week at home against Patrick Mahomes lol.

Brady has been absolutely under fire in the media from Arians...something that Bill never did to him, slag him off in public for being bad. Criticizing him for missing receivers, missing routes, overthrowing, not picking up coverages...I guess there's some power struggle going on, Arians wasn't happy that Tom got his way on a number of things, like bringing back Gronk and AB, and then the results have been mediocre. So he's letting him know about it. Something's gotta give. Either it will galvanize him and the team to prove Arians wrong, or his ego will get in the way and the team will self destruct.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #251 on: November 29, 2020, 09:33:35 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Yikes, that sounds like a radical knee repair needed for Burrow.  Gonna be a long road back.
Im a Bengal fan since 1980..us fans knew it was going to happen with this bad o-line..and Burrow looks like the real deal..if I’m the Bengals, I would tell Burrow don’t even think bout playing 21-22 season..just sign a vet like Fitzpatrick for next season
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #252 on: November 29, 2020, 12:59:48 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Broncos are playing today without a QB as all three of the QBs on their roster were deemed ineligible to play due to exposure to Covid.

Saints will probably kill them in this game but it might be fun to watch just to see what Denver does. Unfortunately, that game won't be televised in my area

« Reply #253 on: November 29, 2020, 02:48:18 PM »

Online johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
Stupid question on the Pat's game. What was the reason for the replay review when time expired at the half? Only scoring plays are reviewed, and since the ruling was the runner was short, then it can't be reviewed automatically. If the Arizona coach asked for a replay, doesn't there need to be time on the clock (timeout issue)?

« Reply #254 on: November 29, 2020, 02:59:17 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
Stupid question on the Pat's game. What was the reason for the replay review when time expired at the half? Only scoring plays are reviewed, and since the ruling was the runner was short, then it can't be reviewed automatically. If the Arizona coach asked for a replay, doesn't there need to be time on the clock (timeout issue)?

Can't officials just choose to review any play after the 2 minute warning? Or is that only in the second half
I'm bitter.