Author Topic: NFL 2020 Season  (Read 68765 times)

Re: NFL 2020 Season
« Reply #225 on: November 03, 2020, 07:02:09 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
Another Isaiah. Maybe both Isaiahs will do as well on the football field as another, smaller, Isaiah did on the basketball court.

https://twitter.com/MikeReiss/status/1323753290870476807
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #226 on: November 08, 2020, 04:22:22 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
There are a lot of teams in the league right now that seem to be way, way ahead of the pats. 

I was watching some Red Zone today and there's just such a huge difference in what these other teams have to work with on offense.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #227 on: November 08, 2020, 05:06:27 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
There are a lot of teams in the league right now that seem to be way, way ahead of the pats. 

I was watching some Red Zone today and there's just such a huge difference in what these other teams have to work with on offense.

Agreed. I was actually going to come on here and point out another thing I noticed.

A lot of these teams have SPEED. Not just on offense, but defense too. They've got LBs and even D-Lineman who can cover, tackle someone even while they are running and secure the edges.

In the Niners-Pats game too, the Niners didn't even do anything that special. They ran outside and beat all our LBs to the outside and outran them. Didn't matter if we tried to cover the edge, they'd just outrun us all game long and of course they crushed us with that. And on defense, our RBs had some trouble because the Niners defense, even with all the injuries have guys that can run.

Meanwhile, the Pats are SLOW lol. This was honestly true even last season despite our defense being historically good through the first 8 games. Mobile QBs and teams that can run just kill us and this has been true even over the last 2-3 years. Of course, we had Brady and a great offense ourselves to often overcome that but that's no longer the case.

I think the biggest problem right now though is, we don't really have a "QB of the future". I don't think they consider Stidham that and who knows if Cam's even here next season. I could live with going say, 7-9 but taking strides with a young QB. But right now they just seem kind of stuck in the middle. Meanwhile there are a lot of up and coming teams with talent AND QBs to build with, so even if those teams happen to go like 8-8 or 9-7 and sneak into the playoffs they are still in a great spot.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #228 on: November 08, 2020, 09:38:59 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
Good god. Brady's Bucs down 28-0 to the Saints and it's not even halftime yet  :o

« Reply #229 on: November 08, 2020, 09:59:12 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Down 31-0 at home. The cliff has finally arrived for Brady? Or does the o-line stink, and the defense is crap?

Sounds like a very familiar team that I know of lately.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #230 on: November 08, 2020, 10:16:03 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
Brady and the Bucs getting hammered. Let's hope it's just a tasty appetizer to a big Pats win tomorrow  :angel:

« Reply #231 on: November 08, 2020, 10:56:15 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
38-0...can Brady and the Bucs score a consolation FG or something?

Brady just got penalized for intentional grounding  :-[

« Reply #232 on: November 08, 2020, 11:12:39 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
Man, it sucks seeing Brady getting rekt like this. Hopefully he comes back strong next game,
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #233 on: November 08, 2020, 11:28:25 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
The Bucs are a great team. But they certainly aren't this "invincible team" people make them out to be even after signing Antonio Brown. Remember, they barely beat the Giants a week ago.

They did have a fantastic win over Green Bay, but what I'm also seeing is that a lot of these NFC powerhouses (Seahawks, Packers, etc.) have glaring flaws in some areas. The Saints started off shaky during the season and also had guys miss time (like Thomas), but if they can stay healthy they may be the most balanced team in the entire NFC. That'll give them an advantage.

Brady and the Bucs will be fine. I don't view them as a true SB threat but they're certainly capable of a deep run. Even during the Pats dynasty with Belichick-Brady they always had like 1 or 2 bad games during a season. This was one of them for TB. Lets see how they respond, because the schedule only gets tougher now.

« Reply #234 on: November 08, 2020, 11:41:29 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
The Bucs are a great team. But they certainly aren't this "invincible team" people make them out to be even after signing Antonio Brown. Remember, they barely beat the Giants a week ago.

They did have a fantastic win over Green Bay, but what I'm also seeing is that a lot of these NFC powerhouses (Seahawks, Packers, etc.) have glaring flaws in some areas. The Saints started off shaky during the season and also had guys miss time (like Thomas), but if they can stay healthy they may be the most balanced team in the entire NFC. That'll give them an advantage.

Brady and the Bucs will be fine. I don't view them as a true SB threat but they're certainly capable of a deep run. Even during the Pats dynasty with Belichick-Brady they always had like 1 or 2 bad games during a season. This was one of them for TB. Lets see how they respond, because the schedule only gets tougher now.

This was their 2014 MNF game in Kansas City/"We're Onto Cincinnati" week.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #235 on: November 09, 2020, 08:41:26 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
So the Giants beat the Football Team once again.....yipee ::)

I guess they really aren't as bad as that joke of a franchise from DC. 

« Reply #236 on: November 09, 2020, 09:29:41 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
So the Giants beat the Football Team once again.....yipee ::)

I guess they really aren't as bad as that joke of a franchise from DC.
It's nice and all seeing Alex Smith out there, but Washington not playing Haskins is a disgrace
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #237 on: November 09, 2020, 09:37:05 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
The Bucs are soft.  They get pushed around rather easily, which isn't a good sign for them for the playoffs.  The Saints muscled up twice, that is how the Bears beat them, and even the Giants out physicalled them (they just aren't that talented).  The Seahawks would out physical them in the playoffs as well.  The Eagles are fairly physical as well though may lack the talent to beat them.  The Packers, Rams, and Cardinals are softer teams so the Bucs match up fairly well with them. 

I also don't think Brady is going to play as well as the season drags on.  He is an old man.  The regular wear and tear and colder weather (obviously Tampa helps that front) is going to take its toll.  I just don't see him as a great QB going forward and I do think the last couple of weeks are the beginning of that end.  He has as many TD's as INT's the last 2 games.  He had his two worst ratings and QBR games since the opening game.  Brady is an average at best QB at this point.  He is still capable of the elite monster QB games, but he won't be able to string them together for any sustained period of time.  Now you can win a Superbowl with an average QB, but you can't be soft and do that and the Bucs are soft.  I think they are just as likely to lose their opening playoff game as they are to win it (and that is counting on them going to weak Philly).  Now if the Saints somehow fall apart and the Bucs win the division maybe that changes things, but a road game in Philadelphia in January, I wouldn't be on the Bucs coming out of there with a win.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #238 on: November 09, 2020, 01:57:45 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
I feel like this season is a lost cause at this point. Honestly, I know it goes against the whole Patriot mystique, but a loss tonight against the Jets could be huge for filling the hole at QB going forward. Cam isn't the answer, and between Lawrence, Fields (both a long shot,) Lance, and Wilson, this draft could have some real talent at QB in it.

Also if you look at our injury report, its not like the Patriots are twisting player's arms to get in the game.
#JKJB

« Reply #239 on: November 09, 2020, 02:06:38 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
Man, people are so fickle when it comes to player evaluation. One week they can be an MVP candidate, the next they are washed up. Brady had a terrible game, no doubt, but it was just one game. People are so ready to jump down players' throats. Are Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, and Russell Wilson washed up too? Because they've all had at least one nightmare game this season. Of course, idiots who still use "muh cliff theory" unironically will jump at anytime when Brady plays poorly, but I don't think it's fair.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum