Author Topic: What Celtics will have the biggest jump?  (Read 3410 times)

What Celtics will have the biggest jump?
« on: August 18, 2023, 11:32:01 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
  I know none of us have a crystal ball but who do you think on the roster is most improved , if you had to pick a guy.

Re: What Celtics will have the biggest jump?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2023, 11:40:01 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
Poll.

I'd go Pritchard.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2023, 08:14:51 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 977
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Jordan Walsh. He's joining a team with more talent than he's ever had before, and opposing teams can't guard everybody. He was also one of the top-rated defenders in the draft. He is going to show 31 GM's why they made a mistake.

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2023, 10:22:39 AM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 321
Jordan Walsh. He's joining a team with more talent than he's ever had before, and opposing teams can't guard everybody. He was also one of the top-rated defenders in the draft. He is going to show 31 GM's why they made a mistake.

I'm high on him too. I think people were crushing his jump shot, which isn't that bad. His energy alone makes him a top 8 player on this team, in my opinion.

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2023, 12:31:14 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
Kinda tough since almost every player well into their career.  But I will say d white will be in the all star conversation.

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2023, 12:39:33 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2411
Hauser = reliable rotation guy. Not an in and out of rotation guy anymore.

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2023, 12:41:28 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
Derrick.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2023, 12:49:43 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 321

This would be huge! A lot of teams seem to have stiffs that can hit timely 3 pointers. We need our version of John Paxson, if only to create more space for Tatum and Brown to go to work.

I think Walsh is going to be a top 10 rookie.

Having 3 bigs that are injury prone or old, I see an opportunity for a young guy to come in and play well. I don't think that guy is on the roster yet.

I think Payton Pritchard is going to play well enough to earn a rotation spot.

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2023, 01:03:38 PM »

Offline W8ting2McHale

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 91
We don't have many developmental players, so I am not expecting any big jump from anyone. Tatum and Brown can still make improvements to their game, but they are small leaps in comparison to where they are now.

I can't go with a rookie who hasn't even started camp yet. I hope he can contribute minutes this season even if they're just energy minutes,  but I can't envision a jump when I haven't seen his floor yet.

So that leaves Pritchard,  Hauser, the 2 new Bs, and JD Davison. I would like to see a jump from any one of them, because we need role players and shooters that can contribute. Most of them are probably what they are though, so I'm going with JD.

JD Davison was a star at a small time high school,  not one of the NBA factories and he probably should have stayed another year in college, but maybe he made the right decision thinking he'd develop faster in the G League than playing another year of NCAA ball. He's got the athletic ability,  he just came into the league with skills further behind a lot of the high end prospects. He also has lower expectations placed on him, so he can grow at his own pace instead of being forced into a situation he's not ready for.

If he starts putting it together he has the talent to make a big jump this season.

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2023, 02:15:08 PM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1440
Derrick.

I agree. I’m excited to see how White does as the starting PG. Feel like Derrick is so unselfish and he  makes the right play more often than not. Really hoping he extends.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2023, 02:51:33 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2706
Derrick.

I agree. I’m excited to see how White does as the starting PG. Feel like Derrick is so unselfish and he  makes the right play more often than not. Really hoping he extends.

I think it's going to be Derrick White as well. He's going to be in the perfect position to succeed and the team looked great when he ran point last year. It will look even better with Porzingis at Center and White as the full-time starting PG

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2023, 04:42:07 PM »

Online Silas

• 2020 CelticsStrong Draft Guru
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1810
Derrick.

I think it's going to be Derrick White as well. He's going to be in the perfect position to succeed and the team looked great when he ran point last year. It will look even better with Porzingis at Center and White as the full-time starting PG

Will his shaved head make a difference? 
I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.   -  Mark Twain

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2023, 05:05:22 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
It'll be either Hauser or Pritchard, but I'm not sure which. One of them will make the leap to a consistent rotation player and that will be huge for us come playoff time.

I hope it's Hauser since he's under an absurdly cheap contract for another year, but having either guy step up would be awesome
I'm bitter.

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2023, 05:06:37 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

Key is that he gets the ball more often when open.  Too often ignored by his mates.  He's a better 3 point shooter than JT or JB and should get more 3 attempts. His defense is quite decent.

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2023, 07:41:39 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2706
Derrick.

Will his shaved head make a difference?

Darn right it will!  ;D