Poll

Are You Worried Ray Allen Won't Be Full Strength in Playoffs?

Yes
21 (60%)
No
14 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Voting closed: January 14, 2015, 11:09:54 PM

Author Topic: Worried about Ray Allen  (Read 6409 times)

Re: Worried about Ray Allen
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2012, 12:55:59 PM »

Offline gar

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 247
  • Strength from Within
My wife saw him driving around today in Newton.  He got out of the car and was wearing a boot.  She didn't know he was injured and called me to ask whether or not he was in fact hurt.  Hopefully the boot is just a protective measure.

Not good.

Great insight.

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2012, 12:59:25 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
Wasn't the boot reported somewhere else too?

I'll be happy with one of Pietrus or Ray in the playoffs.

If both are out, we are done for. Dooling and Pavlovic are simply not good enough.

« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2012, 01:03:04 PM »

Offline celticslove

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 188
I hope Moore gets plenty of minutes and shots up in these last few games.

I also hope JJ gets lots of minutes. If Bass or Garnett went down, we would need him to step in, and he hasn't been prepared to jump into the mix.

dude stop dreaming of JJJ getting lots of minutes, as long as doc is the coach and we got a warm bodied veteran who can play forget about him playing. next year when the rookie title is gone maybe just maybe we can see more of him.

« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2012, 01:07:05 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!

I also hope JJ gets lots of minutes. If Bass or Garnett went down, we would need him to step in, and he hasn't been prepared to jump into the mix.

dude stop dreaming of JJJ getting lots of minutes, as long as doc is the coach and we got a warm bodied veteran who can play forget about him playing. next year when the rookie title is gone maybe just maybe we can see more of him.

If KG or Bass goes down it is over. Let's face it the chances of 18 happening this year were slim to none even with how well we have been playing. If we are not at full strength, meaning one of Rondo, AB, PP, KG, BB, Ray, Pietrus, and Steamroller are not able to play or at least provide production then we won't win.

We need all 8 of those guys playing productively for us to make a run.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2012, 01:11:34 PM »

Offline Interceptor

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 224
If KG or Bass goes down it is over. Let's face it the chances of 18 happening this year were slim to none even with how well we have been playing. If we are not at full strength, meaning one of Rondo, AB, PP, KG, BB, Ray, Pietrus, and Steamroller are not able to play or at least provide production then we won't win.

Meh, the other teams can get injured, too. Dwyane Wade dislocates his elbow in a playoff game, Heat's not scary anymore.

« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2012, 01:21:32 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315

I think if Ray and Sasha are playing well, they've a chance to get by without Pietrus.  Otherwise, you're absolutely right. 

Bizarrely, given the depth up front, the three very most critical players, besides KG, might include Bass and Stiemer.

« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2012, 01:26:13 PM »

Offline Senninsage

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 112
The play of Avery Bradley makes me worry less and less about Ray Allen honestly.

But yea, we will definately need him if were going to get past th e 2nd round.

You have to factor in that Ray Allen, every single year, goes missing for 1 or 2 rounds in the playoffs, it happens every single time.

Even if Ray Allen does return, he might not show up until the 2nd or 3rd round.

07' he couldnt make a shot until the ECF, and in 2010 he had one good game and disapeared for the rest of the finals.

Seriously? Like, really? We can't win a championship without Ray Allen. This idea that we can just because of how Bradley is playing is ridiculous. For example, Ray Allen shot absolutely lights out in last year's playoffs. Do people forget that? He was shooting the three at like over 70 or 80%, I believe. Ray Allen is way too important to this team, and the moment people forget, that's when this Celtics team is in for a rude awakening.

« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2012, 01:42:28 PM »

Offline arambone

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 80
Garnett or Bass could sprain an ankle or otherwise be out for a game or so, and a tuned up JJ could come in handy in that situation for a few minutes, but I guess Doc would probably just go small with Pietrus at the 4 rather than play a rusty and green JJ.

Half the point of drafting a senior as opposed to a 19 year old like Jeremy Tyler is the expectation of rookie season contribution.

It's a little frustrating. Titles are often decided by the slightest bench advantage.

The 2011 NFL draft cost the Patriots the Super Bowl. So many high picks, and only one real rookie contributor. What a bummer.

« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2012, 01:45:09 PM »

Offline alajet

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 54
The play of Avery Bradley makes me worry less and less about Ray Allen honestly.

But yea, we will definately need him if were going to get past th e 2nd round.

You have to factor in that Ray Allen, every single year, goes missing for 1 or 2 rounds in the playoffs, it happens every single time.

Even if Ray Allen does return, he might not show up until the 2nd or 3rd round.

07' he couldnt make a shot until the ECF, and in 2010 he had one good game and disapeared for the rest of the finals.

Seriously? Like, really? We can't win a championship without Ray Allen. This idea that we can just because of how Bradley is playing is ridiculous. For example, Ray Allen shot absolutely lights out in last year's playoffs. Do people forget that? He was shooting the three at like over 70 or 80%, I believe. Ray Allen is way too important to this team, and the moment people forget, that's when this Celtics team is in for a rude awakening.

This. TP.

« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2012, 01:56:14 PM »

Offline stylo617617

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 33
to be hnest as long as petrus is healthy i can live with a pierce/petrus/bradley at the wing for the 1st 2 rounds im more worried about petrus though 

« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2012, 02:02:55 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
to be hnest as long as petrus is healthy i can live with a pierce/petrus/bradley at the wing for the 1st 2 rounds im more worried about petrus though 

I'm worried about them both, and I agree--I think they can squeak by without Ray if everyone else is healthy and playing well.

« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2012, 04:30:14 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
We're one and done without Ray. Ray was our best player in the playoffs last year and he's never had a bad post-season since he's been here.

I also have no idea how Bradley will play offensively in the playoffs and I wonder how he'll respond when opposing coaches include him in their game plan. I think he'll be OK, but I wouldn't be shocked if he didn't either.  I do expect he'll get a lot more attention.

« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2012, 04:43:18 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
We're one and done without Ray. Ray was our best player in the playoffs last year and he's never had a bad post-season since he's been here.

I also have no idea how Bradley will play offensively in the playoffs and I wonder how he'll respond when opposing coaches include him in their game plan. I think he'll be OK, but I wouldn't be shocked if he didn't either.  I do expect he'll get a lot more attention.

Didn't the team more or less have to carry him through the first two rounds the year they won it all?  My recollection is he went into the mother of all slumps as the playoffs started.

« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2012, 04:48:58 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 874
  • GOT IT!!!
I am very worried. C's desperately need him for spacing and his clutchness in the playoffs. Starting to think the surgery rumors had some legs to them.

« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2012, 07:10:45 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501

Didn't the team more or less have to carry him through the first two rounds the year they won it all?  My recollection is he went into the mother of all slumps as the playoffs started.

I looked at the total playoff stats since I knew i could get those quick, not series by series. In any case the claim that he's disappeared for  one or two series every year is pretty much nonsense.

Ray had a stinker in the last game against ATL, which was a blow-out with the lead getting up to 36 points in the 3rd quarter. Otherwise, Ray led the team twice in scoring, was second highest twice, and third highest twice.  So he didn't start slow.  He had a very bad series against the Cavs though, was up and down against the Pistons with 2 very good, 2 average, and 2 below average games.  Ray played very well in the Lakers series and probably was the MVP except that Pierce played well in the Lakers series too and had played very well throughout the playoffs.