Author Topic: 2024 NBA Season and Playoffs  (Read 568573 times)

RMO, smokeablount, RodyTur10, smicker16, CelticsWhat35 and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Re: 2024 NBA Season and Playoffs
« Reply #7545 on: May 07, 2024, 09:04:28 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1626
  • What a Pub Should Be
League has to do something to Murray, right?

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #7546 on: May 07, 2024, 09:08:01 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1397

They will assign him the value of a technical for penalty points and give him a fine but that is about it. League already came out and said he shouldn’t have been ejected, just given a tech.

« Reply #7547 on: May 07, 2024, 09:14:21 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2426
Players 'exposed' by the Wolves over the last two weeks:

-Beal
-Booker
-Durant
-Murray
-Jokic

Maybe it isn't the players.

Maybe it is the defense.

« Reply #7548 on: May 07, 2024, 09:15:50 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• JoJo White
Have the Jokic Nuggets ever beaten an elite team in the playoffs? They had a historically easy path to a title last year. They've disappointed in prior years, albeit often in part due to injuries. And now this year they're getting smoked by a talented but relatively inexperienced Wolves team.

I always remember the adage "they were never as good as you thought they were, but they're not as bad as you now think they are"  :police:
The other thing to keep in mind is that as the defending champions they've been absolutely under the microscope for 82 games by 29 teams. There's a reason why repeat titles are so rare in the NBA.

Yeah, one of the more interesting things about the great Spurs teams is that they never went B2B.  It's hard, and the competition in the West is real.

I haven’t really seen people mentioning it, but Murray is pretty injured right now. It is killing him on the defensive end. I don’t think he would be even playing if this was regular season. I have gone to like 30 nuggets games this year and the way he is moving around is very different. He managed to still hit some tough shots game 1 but was pretty awful on both sides of the ball last night

« Reply #7549 on: May 07, 2024, 09:17:31 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• JoJo White
Players 'exposed' by the Wolves over the last two weeks:

-Beal
-Booker
-Durant
-Murray
-Jokic

Maybe it isn't the players.

Maybe it is the defense.

I’m not really sure why we would say half these guys have been exposed. Phoenix lost cause the rest of team is terrible. Booker and Durant did fine. The problem was nurkic and eubanks against town, gobert and Reed.

« Reply #7550 on: May 07, 2024, 09:18:28 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25607
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Yeah.  My guess is it will just be a fine, but he could get somebody hurt doing that.   

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #7551 on: May 07, 2024, 09:20:07 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1626
  • What a Pub Should Be

Yeah.  My guess is it will just be a fine, but he could get somebody hurt doing that.

Exactly.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #7552 on: May 07, 2024, 09:25:41 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
Jamal Murray's playoff shooting percentages now

37.5% FG%
28.6% 3PT%

44.6% TS%

« Reply #7553 on: May 07, 2024, 09:35:45 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
Ooh, LeBron as FA target for ORL.

G: Suggs
G: F Wagner
F: LeBron
F: Banchero
C: Wendell Carter

It is interesting. I'd love to see them get a real guard with quickness and shooting ability and some playmaking ... but LeBron is about as good of an alternative to that if that is unavailable. He gives the ball-handling and playmaking. Not really the shooting but he will give you some shooting. Certainly not the quickness on defense. Forces Franz out of position to guard.

It is looking like this FA class has more forwards in it. Few guards. Not many good options for Orlando to upgrade their team despite their cap space.

LeBron would be a legit option for them.

« Reply #7554 on: May 07, 2024, 09:43:36 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• JoJo White

It is interesting. I'd love to see them get a real guard with quickness and shooting ability and some playmaking ... but LeBron is about as good of an alternative to that if that is unavailable. He gives the ball-handling and playmaking. Not really the shooting but he will give you some shooting. Certainly not the quickness on defense. Forces Franz out of position to guard.

It is looking like this FA class has more forwards in it. Few guards. Not many good options for Orlando to upgrade their team despite their cap space.

There are probably members of the forum with a greater chance of playing with the magic next season than Lebron .

« Reply #7555 on: May 07, 2024, 09:56:04 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3032
  • On To Banner 18!

There are probably members of the forum with a greater chance of playing with the magic next season than Lebron .

Suit up for next season Clay!  :laugh:

In theory he does make sense there, but I can't see him going cross country for Orlando. Also, the "LeMickey" jokes will be at an all-time if he goes to Orlando  :P
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #7556 on: May 07, 2024, 10:24:36 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1559
I don't think Lebron leaves the Lakers, but if he does it will be to a team that will be a real title contender, which Orlando is not. A team like the Warriors or Cavs.

I do think the Lakers should trade Davis though (whenever they can).  The Thunder make a lot of sense. Something like Dort, Giddy, and a bunch of 1st's.  Lakers have cap space to sign someone and then the picks from Thunder to pair with expiring contracts to trade for a 3rd star.

2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #7557 on: May 07, 2024, 11:29:53 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
Malik Monk looks like the best SG available in the offseason. Klay Thompson and DeMar DeRozan are other big names available. KCP, D'Angelo Russell. Buddy Hield. Not an inspiring list.

I wonder if there is any good PGs available. Have Suggs play SG.

--------------------------

James Harden could be pretty good for Orlando.

Maybe Quickley. He is a restricted FA. You would have to overpay him. Not ideal. A sign and trade for Cole Anthony would be great for Orlando but I do not know if TOR would have any interest. Cole Anthony has had a rough season.

Bruce Brown has a team option. He might be available. One of the better alternatives. Not ideal but good rotation player. Young. Athletic. Quality defender. Fits their team identity.

Gary Trent Jr
« Last Edit: May 07, 2024, 11:35:11 AM by Who »

« Reply #7558 on: May 07, 2024, 11:42:57 AM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2509
Have the Jokic Nuggets ever beaten an elite team in the playoffs? They had a historically easy path to a title last year. They've disappointed in prior years, albeit often in part due to injuries. And now this year they're getting smoked by a talented but relatively inexperienced Wolves team.

I always remember the adage "they were never as good as you thought they were, but they're not as bad as you now think they are"  :police:
The other thing to keep in mind is that as the defending champions they've been absolutely under the microscope for 82 games by 29 teams. There's a reason why repeat titles are so rare in the NBA.

there is something to say about how last year the highest seed they faced was the 4th seed suns. and thats including the finals. sometimes it takes luck to win. look at milwaukee they were a durant toe away from us questioning Giannis legacy.

part of the shock too is people on this board have overrated them all season as this unstoppable juggernaut.

Yeah the hype train was out of control. I do think there is a lot of parity in the league now. Injuries are deciding many of the outcomes, and it's a coin flip beyond that.

« Reply #7559 on: May 07, 2024, 11:57:46 AM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2509
https://x.com/bleacherreport/status/1787600939245052024?s=46

This guy has to have become the most cringe professional athlete ever right?
Yup, what a clown.  I'm surprised he still gets invitations to events like that.  Luke Kornet has played better basketball than Simmons for a couple years now and he wasn't invited.

Luke Kornet is busy in May (and every other month, really).

Lol TP

Maybe Ben thinks he is Doctor Who? But I'm probably being generous. He's like an unwitting parody of spoiled young celebrities.