Author Topic: Good Article on Kevin Pritchard  (Read 2025 times)

Good Article on Kevin Pritchard
« on: January 20, 2009, 03:59:59 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Yahoo's Adrian Wojnarowski writes a fine piece on Kevin Pritchard's hubris backbiting him in the Darius Miles case. See the link below.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AvulpyUrr04kFvXKdmG2zRi8vLYF?slug=aw-milespritchard011709&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Re: Good Article on Kevin Pritchard
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2009, 04:08:47 PM »

Offline Jaycelt

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 7
Good? 
Sounds like a guy with a vendetta to me, which takes all credibility away from the article.

This guy based an entire article on innuendo.  He doesn't site a single fact in this diatribe against Pritchard. 
Were the Trailblazers wrong?  You bet. But Pritchard didn't write that letter and he didn't tell the Doctors Miles would never play again.  There's no proof that Pritchard said a single bad word against Miles.  So why does Pritchard get all of the blame?
You'd think he slept with the authors wife or something.

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2009, 04:11:11 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
A couple problems with this:

1. Wojo wants to lay everything at Pritchard's feet, when, in reality, it was Blazers President Larry Miller who e-mailed the league recently to scare other teams off signing Miles. Last I checked, Miller is Pritchard's boss, not the other way around.

2. Those comments about Miles' surgery came from more than a year ago, prior to the final medical exam that declared Miles unable to play basketball again. Wojo leads us to believe that Pritchard made those comments recently.

3. Lastly, this article pales in comparison to Kerry Eggers' recent and better article, which is much more informative and measured, and less of a mere hack-job on Pritchard.

http://www.portlandtribune.com/sports/print_story.php?story_id=123155697936447000
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2009, 05:21:35 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
You guys are tough but fair. I guess I enjoyed Pritchard being roasted; the guy who stole Brandon Roy from us. Am still trying to justify that trade by saying it (Ratliff) made KG trade possible. But you both point out things that are too slanted. TPs to both of you.

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2009, 05:26:58 PM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
What neither journalist mentions is that, quite apart from the cap number and the luxury tax implications, the insurance co. was paying Miles' salary.  The insurance co will now stop paying.  That  will cost the Blazers 18 million (minus deductible) in real money.

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2009, 05:42:13 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
Before all this Miles debacle I stated that Pritchard hubris was bothering me and was extremely unpleasant. I'm not surprised by what happened.

But Pritchard didn't write that letter

What letter?

1. Wojo wants to lay everything at Pritchard's feet, when, in reality, it was Blazers President Larry Miller who e-mailed the league recently to scare other teams off signing Miles. Last I checked, Miller is Pritchard's boss, not the other way around.

Meh.. According to Miller, it was a collective decision between him, Pritchard and Paul Allen. As for Miller being Pritchard's boss, that's a mere formalism - the reason why Miller was the one signing the e-mail.

There's no proof that Pritchard said a single bad word against Miles.

There's proof he made public comments about Miles medical condition.

mere hack-job on Pritchard.

Yeah, this writer is clearly biased, he writes an awful amount of anti-Pritchard hit-pieces.
-------------

One thing that completely disgusted me was that Portland tried to claim Miles out of waivers - while saying, at the same time, that the guy couldn't play. That was tremendous and indefensible.

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2009, 05:58:17 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Before all this Miles debacle I stated that Pritchard hubris was bothering me and was extremely unpleasant. I'm not surprised by what happened.

But Pritchard didn't write that letter

What letter?

Meh.. According to Miller, it was a collective decision between him, Pritchard and Paul Allen. As for Miller being Pritchard's boss, that's a mere formalism - the reason why Miller was the one signing the e-mail.

There's no proof that Pritchard said a single bad word against Miles.

There's proof he made public comments about Miles medical condition.

mere hack-job on Pritchard.

Yeah, this writer is clearly biased, he writes an awful amount of anti-Pritchard hit-pieces.
-------------

One thing that completely disgusted me was that Portland tried to claim Miles out of waivers - while saying, at the same time, that the guy couldn't play. That was tremendous and indefensible.

Oh, yeah. I'm not saying Portland's actions in this weren't reprehensible. But it was most definitely, as you say, a collective decision.

My problem was more about the substance, or lack of it, in the Wojo piece. All I get from it is, "See how the golden boy suffers a fall. Shame, shame." It's just a lazy piece of work on Wojo's part.

Eggers finds fault with the entire organization, and provides some real journalism (direct quotes from Miller and another GM in the league for his take).
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague